Will You See the New Cinderella Live Action?

Do you have a desire to see the new live action Cinderella?

• Yes, I am going to see it at the theater

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Yes, but I will wait for DVD

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No, but I will see it for the Frozen Fever short

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no desire to see this film at all.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnowFuries

Let the Storm Rage On
I am still having a hard time deciding how I feel about this film. Live action Cinderella's have been done over and over again, and I'm not sure how this film is going to exceed anything already done.
The Slipper and the Rose is one of my favorite film musicals. If i thought it was a remaking of this classic, I would be on board to see it produced with all the frills of modern day cinematography. But in a world where Once Upon A Time exists, I feel Disney is going to fall short.

I enjoy watching movies for their costumes and backgrounds as much as I do for the story/plot. I'm not sure even wardrobe looks like it can add any points back into the tally. I've seen some very unbecoming shots of Lily James on posters. I like Lilly as an actress and think she is a beautiful young woman, but that isn't coming out on some of the promo pieces that are hitting stores. Which makes me nervous for the film as a whole.

So what do you guys think?

I have yet to see Maleficent and I doubt I will make any effort to see this one either. I wasn't the biggest fan of Cinderella even as an animated movie nor am I bothered about the Frozen short so I voted for the last option.

I'm a cinderella fan... I will see it for that and cate blanchett. I read a great review of it, apparently there's some sort of twist.

I was excited for maleficent, didn't see it in the movies, really liked the idea of it, (the storyline), but didn't like the direction that took with the other characters... I loved the fairies in the animated and they were just awful in the movie! (Self-centered morons!)

I take these types of films at face value. Go in for a couple of hours and be entertained, perhaps even be pleasantly surprised. Of course Frozen Fever is an added bonus. Even if 'Cinderella' ends up disappointing, at least I know that, as a Disney fan, I gave it a shot.

Looking forward to seeing the latest Cinderella. It's one of my favorite fairy tales and there are several good actors involved- Cate Blanchette and I love the 2 from Downton Abbey (Cindy and one of the Steps). I thought Maleficent was a snore and was glad that we didn't spend "movies" money on it.

I am still having a hard time deciding how I feel about this film. Live action Cinderella's have been done over and over again, and I'm not sure how this film is going to exceed anything already done.
The Slipper and the Rose is one of my favorite film musicals. If i thought it was a remaking of this classic, I would be on board to see it produced with all the frills of modern day cinematography. But in a world where Once Upon A Time exists, I feel Disney is going to fall short.

I enjoy watching movies for their costumes and backgrounds as much as I do for the story/plot. I'm not sure even wardrobe looks like it can add any points back into the tally. I've seen some very unbecoming shots of Lily James on posters. I like Lilly as an actress and think she is a beautiful young woman, but that isn't coming out on some of the promo pieces that are hitting stores. Which makes me nervous for the film as a whole.

So what do you guys think?

I am taking my wife to see it and already love it. It was tweaked just enough to make Cinderella a strong woman. Look at the other thread. The reviews are coming in and most are raving about how good it is. If you enjoy the costume's and sets, several of the reviews noted both and said the costume designer has already won next year's Oscar!

You saw a poster of Cinderella that didn't look good!? You and I have been looking at different posters!!!

I'm a cinderella fan... I will see it for that and cate blanchett. I read a great review of it, apparently there's some sort of twist.

I was excited for maleficent, didn't see it in the movies, really liked the idea of it, (the storyline), but didn't like the direction that took with the other characters... I loved the fairies in the animated and they were just awful in the movie! (Self-centered morons!)

I understand from several reviews that the basic story is intact but they update a few things and throw in a twist getting there. Several of the reviews were impressed with the ride.

I think it is going to be great and a big hit. They are already predicting an opening weekend north of $60 million! I think it is going to be good for kids to show them a strong woman who doesn't have to beat up men or shoot a weapon to be strong. Strength can be in choices made while weathering adversity. A message much needed. I love the line in the trailer where she says she is going to protect the prince whatever becomes of herself!! Check out the other thread for quotes from some of the reviews.

14 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and ALL fresh for a 100% rating!

You saw a poster of Cinderella that didn't look good!? You and I have been looking at different posters!!!

The posters up at Hot Topic look great, very enchanting, but the one's at JCPenny's not so much.

14 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and ALL fresh for a 100% rating!
I take critic ratings pre-release with a grain of salt. Sometimes what I'm looking for in a movie isn't on par with what professional critics are looking for.

The pre-release merchandise for the movie, across multiple retail venues, has been spectacular. I'm actually toting the Loungefly purse from Hot Topic because it just captures the essence of the Cinderella story, IMO. I'm really wanting this to be a good reflection of what the movie might actually produce once released for visual consumption.

I am planning on seeing it in the theater with my two girls. I'm hoping that it does pop out those surprises I keep reading about but I've still got some reservations which I would be thrilled to have proven wrong.

We enjoyed Maleficent and we liked what we saw in the trailer for the new Cinderella movie. We'll definitely will see it in the theater.

The posters up at Hot Topic look great, very enchanting, but the one's at JCPenny's not so much.

I take critic ratings pre-release with a grain of salt. Sometimes what I'm looking for in a movie isn't on par with what professional critics are looking for.

The pre-release merchandise for the movie, across multiple retail venues, has been spectacular. I'm actually toting the Loungefly purse from Hot Topic because it just captures the essence of the Cinderella story, IMO. I'm really wanting this to be a good reflection of what the movie might actually produce once released for visual consumption.

I am planning on seeing it in the theater with my two girls. I'm hoping that it does pop out those surprises I keep reading about but I've still got some reservations which I would be thrilled to have proven wrong.

Interesting. I have heard JC Penny had corroborated with Disney on Cinderella but I had not seen any of their posters. Hmmmm. Everything I see with Lily James and Cate Blanchett makes me absolutely love them. For Cinderella, They. Are. Perfect.

You cannot trust critics 100%, but when a lot of them like certain aspects of the movie, that does say something.

The best thing to do is go in expecting the absolute worse. Think about what the worst possible things could be in the movie and expect that. Go in planning to hate it because it is awful, and then see. :)

I do want to see it but I want to see the Frozen Fever short mostly. However I will go and see it at the theater as it does look to have a decent story line.

Cinderella is getting excellent reviews, actually! It looks like a beautiful film. Of course it's brilliant marketing on Disney's part to pair it with a Frozen short because that will get everyone in theaters, but I expect Cinderella will stand on its own as a lovely retelling of a classic story.

I enjoyed Maleficent, it was well done. I wished they hadn't changed the original story of Sleeping Beauty as much as they did, but overall I really enjoyed it. Angelina was an amazing Maleficent.

I am very excited for Cinderella. It seems as it is going to be a wonderful film. The frozen short looks very exciting as well! I think the whole ordeal will be a big hit for Disney.

We saw the preview of Cinderella yesterday @ Anaheim DTD for DVC members and I LOVED IT!!!
I am a die hard fan of the animated classic and felt it followed THAT storyline AS CLOSE AS it could!
I think it shall stand on it's own even though the Frozen short shows before it!! Frozen shorty WAS really CUTE too!

Just got home from seeing the film and it really blew my mind. I am surprised to say that I loved it and I think it exceeded even the pre-release hype (which dooms some films before they have a chance to get their legs under them). Like I've said previously, it is no secret I'm a Frozen fan, but I definitely forgot about the Frozen short and was mesmerized by the main feature. (And I really did enjoy Frozen Fever)

The movie was terrific and so was Frozen Fever. Yes it was a the classic Cinderella tale but their was so much heart in it that the movie had a completely different feel. It was visually beautiful as well. I loved it! I may see it again .

I saw it twice yesterday! I wasn't expecting to. I went with my DD's and loved it so much I had to take my mom to see it right away. I am a Disney fan but Cinderella isn't necessarily my favorite of the princesses and their stories. I was blown away. My girls and mom and I have been grinning from ear to ear and humming the movie's tunes for 24 hours now!!!

FWIW, I was very disappointed in Malificent. Don't base your decision on that movie. This one is whimsical, sublime, deeply touching and unapologetically magical! It is also big screen material. A TV won't do it justice.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter