Will they put the pull-down mattress on the floor?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dug720, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

That's assuming they were told the bed pulls down from the ceiling and has a weight limit. My parents were told neither. Because the DCL person didn't say "pull down bunk" it seemed it would be a Murphy bed. That's what I think when I hear the phrase "pull down BED". Big difference between a BED and a BUNK.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

Look here http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...rge-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/ and in the slide show there is a picture facing the door that shows part of the sofa, a chair and the bed. Maybe you actually could put the mattress next to the bed but the chair would most likely need moved. I have stayed in one of these cabins my last 6 cruises but I'm not certain the space by the chair/ bed is as large as the photo makes it seem.

4. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

Not defending whoever your parents talked to but it is clearly stated in DCL's website the room configuration for a Cat. V = Queen-size bed, double convertible sofa, upper berth pull-down bed.

5. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

It's clearly a moot point now. My parents are taking us on the trip for a joint their 45th anniversary and my sister and my birthday celebration (hence the why don't I get my own room answer), so I will have to deal. We will be letting them know they should probably change their verbal description from "bed" to "bunk" though.

6. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

However it works out for you, I hope you have a great cruise!

7. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

Thanks.

As to the website v. someone talking, believe it or not, not everyone does things via the Internet.

8. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

Umm, I am quite aware of that thank you! It was meant more in the line that if it was out there for the public to see, there is really no reason for someone working the reservations at DCL not to be aware of the same info too.

9. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

Ah, gotcha. :) And I agree wholeheartedly.

10. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

:thumbsup2 No problem!

11. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Currently, the Magic & Wonder have the queen bed that can be separated into twins. After the Magic's dry dock, only the Wonder will have this option.

The Dream & Fantasy's queen bed does not split into twins.