Will they make us switch?

3R1C

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the WL, but want to do the CS dining plan for 3 days, then the regular DP for the remaining 6 days of our stay.

I understand that I need to do two separate reservations, but will they make us switch rooms within the resort?

Since you will have two reservations, they might. You will have to check out and then check back in and therefore, may be told you have to switch rooms.

However, you can always put in a request at check in to see what happens.

Good luck!

They may not - when we went in January 2009 - we ended up with one night 'room only' and the next 8 nights as part of a package (buy 4 get 3 free). I made the 'room only' reservation just before (maybe a week in advance?) we went down (dh ended up with an extra day off so we could leave for FL a day early) - I did it over the PHONE and had the phone reservation person make a note tying the 2 reservations together somehow. So the hotel had the whole picture - ie we're actually spending 9 nights there.

So we checked in the first day and made sure they were aware of the situation. They told us it wasn't a problem and that one of us needed to come down the following morning to rechecked us in for the package. We kept the same room the whole time no problem.

It could happen, but since it's more work for you and for the hotel staff, they will keep you in your room if possible. Make sure you tell them to note it on your reservation, then when you check in make sure to remind the person there that you don't want to switch rooms. If they can keep you there, they will.:goodvibes

1) They will attempt to "link" your reservations.
2) Under this, you may or may not be able to keep the same room.
3) If I were to guess, I would give you a 75/25 chance of same room.

Ask them to link your reservations. The chances are good that you won't have to move. But that's a really expensive way of booking, with 2 reservations with QSDP, and regular DDP because you have to have park tickets attached to each package.

Hopefully they won't make you switch but just a word of warning if they don't. Make sure Mousekeeping know you are not checking out. We had two reservations booked at the Poly a few years ago to take advantage of Free Dining which started the day after we arrived. After our first night they thought we had checked out and proceed to throw out toothbrushes and sunscreen. Not sure how they could have missed the fact that all our luggage was still in the room!!

Ask them to link your reservations. The chances are good that you won't have to move. But that's a really expensive way of booking, with 2 reservations with QSDP, and regular DDP because you have to have park tickets attached to each package.

Unless you're an Annual Passholder in which case you don't have to add tickets to add a Dining Plan.

We are pass holders, so tickets aren't part of the equation!

Thanks for all the input!!!

We are staying at the WL, but want to do the CS dining plan for 3 days, then the regular DP for the remaining 6 days of our stay.

I understand that I need to do two separate reservations, but will they make us switch rooms within the resort?

Just curious - what is the benefit of booking 2 ressies? I am looking to get annual passes for our next trip and like both the quick service and regular dining plan. Is it better to book 2 different reservations?

Just curious - what is the benefit of booking 2 ressies? I am looking to get annual passes for our next trip and like both the quick service and regular dining plan. Is it better to book 2 different reservations?

It depends on what the needs of your trip are. In this instance, the poster wanted Quick Service Dining for part of the trip, and basic dining for the other part.

It can also be a benefit if there's a promotion and your vacation spans the date terms. (ie: a promotion starts on June 20th, and you're checking in June 18th)

Other people like to simply switch resorts - in which case, a split reservation is your only option.

Another instance would be if you're booked on a promotional rate and decide to add a night. If that extra night were available at full price, but not with the discount, you could book 2 separate reservations.

Make sure you book the same room type on both reservations. If you are at WL and you book one reservation as a Courtyard view and the other as a Standard view, odds are you'll have to move. I've done the two reservation route before, and booked the same room type on both reservations, and I didn't have to move. I did mention the continuing reservation when I was checking in for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter