"Will they keep this/cancel that" We are now Live from WDW, the Nicki & Todd show!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by MickeyNicki, Feb 27, 2009.

1. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Tony's looks really good. We love pasta and that place would be right up our alley. Since it is MK, they don't serve wine right? That would have been perfect if they did. Yummo!

Sorry to hear about the kid problems. I have two girls and if they would have behaved like that I would have strung them up. There is no excuse for them to act like that. Everyone wants to have a good time but there are limits. I'm glad security got the situation handled for you and that things stay more peaceful from here on out.

Just wondering, while at the Poly, where do you go to watch the fireworks on the beach? And don't they have a water parade of some kind at night?

Thanks and enjoy your day at EPCOT! :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

I always love your reviews!

You are a girl after my own heart - at Sci-Fi and Beaches and Cream I ALWAYS order a diet vanilla coke!

And tell you DH we still go to the Stewart for root beer floats - they are the best!!!!

4. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Coming right up!

Oh man it was!

Have a fantastic time!

That is just tooooo weird!

The cocktails are the best part!

Originally born in Cleveland so I root for both ha ha

It was fantastic! After tonights dinnner it is def LC over YM

I am so sad I will never eat it again!

It was soooo wonderful!

I would def pick Tutto over it but Tonys was really pretty good!

Try and get to the Wave, you will love it!

LC coming up!

We have had really great luck with meals this trip, Epcot coming up!

I didnt see Brendan or Patrick, we were in an all girl server section ha ha

5. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Oh no! I must fit the Wave into my plans. I dont know where-I dont want to change anything! I have to try it.

6. MickeyNicki

Drinking is the best part of Epcot...and all TS places!

Tony's is the best TS in MK for us from now on

That cinnamon bun was awesome, so far the best we have had!

We are going to check out Goofy's tomorrow, sadly it is our last day :scared1:

On the grass in front of the Hawaii building, perfect location and you could hear Wishes!

I wish we had a Stewarts around here, I have never been to one!

7. MickeyNicki

Before I get started on the dining portion I have to tell you that we saw our second celebrity today...Kevin Federline and Shar Jackson...ok so they are total B listers but still I was excited!

It was 5pm at the Test Track, DH and I were in the car and they brought out K Fed and crew, his mom, dad, Shar and 3 other women on the unloading side of the car and they were placed 2 cars behind us. My camera was in the bag by my feet so I couldnt snap a pic.

When the ride was over we waited for them, they walked right out of TT and most of them lit up cigs. They headed to Mission Space (they had a CM with them and no body guards or anything). We followed them, I was able to snap a pic of their backs, Shar is the one in the black shirt with the black hair.

[​IMG]

They were entering the rear of TT when K Fed turned around and I snapped this pic

[​IMG]

And zoomed in a bit for this one

[​IMG]

The CM at TT said that Britney and the boys and her dad and entourage were at Epcot yesterday! Man I keep missing her!

8. MickeyNicki

Breakfast this morning was terrible, I wish we skipped it and just ate the fruit. We decided to go to Capt Cooks and then back to the room to chill out and head to Epcot later.

We each had the adult breakfast. DH said the bacon was very good, the sausage was very spicy. The bisuits seemed to have shrunk and they were hard and very greasy. The eggs, which are normally my favorite because they are moist and buttery were horrible...so dry and overcooked. The potatoes were disgusting....burnt!

[​IMG]

We shared the fruit, it ws very good.

[​IMG]

And of course, a cinnamon bun...DH had a hard time deciding on a cheese danish or bun but ultimately the bun won! It tasted sooo much better than it looked! Nice and moist and squishy and sweet!

[​IMG]

Here is the menu, touch screen:

[​IMG]

And pics of the bakery case:

[​IMG]

After breakfast we went back to the room, slept a bit and just relaxed. For once we had peace and quiet in our room!

9. MickeyNicki

Epcot was great, not busy at all, Soarin had a 40 minute wait but a very nice couple gave us their FP's, it is nice to be on the receiving end for a change as we always give ours away. TT was the busiest with a 70 minute standby but total walk on for single riders.

In keeping with the title of this thread we cancelled San Angel Inn and went to my favorite, Tangierine Cafe.

DH had his favorite, the "I dont have the heard to tell him his beloved meatballs are really lamb not beef" meatballs with yellow rice. The portion is very large and he loved it!

[​IMG]

I had my norm, the falafel wrap with cous cous and lentil salad. The lentil salad was a bit bland, needed salt and pepper and the cous cous was very heavy on the cinnamon and raisins, not my fav. The falafel is different too, instead of one large patty with a nice crispy edge it is now three little golfballs that are very mushy. Still good but not great anymore.

[​IMG]

Here are more pics I took while waiting in line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MickeyNicki

After lunch the booze train was a callin but I could not decide on what to get. I just love them all :worship:

I settled on the Peach Snap, a frozen peach schnapps oolong ice tea....so cold, refreshing and sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Todd settled for a Fiesta Margarita...we have never had one before but there was a scazillion people walking around with them so the fever bit him. The bottom was the mango, then the green apple, then the lime and then the strawberry and you have a choice of a salt or sugar rim, he opted for sugar. He liked it but I thought it tasted like medicine....blech! How can booze taste blech???

[​IMG]

At Germany I spotted the Gingerbread men...I was so happy...until I bit into it and it was hard and stale and really blech!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Todd had a piece of toffee, he said it was great...wish I got that instead!

[​IMG]

Next up...dinner at Le Cellier!

11. livinlife25

livinlife25 DIS Veteran

subscribing!

12. MickeyNicki

Our reservation was for 6:45 but at 5:45 we thought we would see if they could take us earlier, DH was starving and wanted to give it a try...I thought I would be shot down with a laugh by the CM but they actually said, Sure we can seat you now. DH said, told you so....I gave him the look that said ....well you know the look it doesnt have to say anything!

We had a great waitress, she was so attentive! There were alot of empty tables, about 5 in our section....Here is the menu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our waitress brought us out a basket of fresh super hot and delish pretzels and butter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DH opted for a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup, had a green onion and bacon garnish. Todd loved it but I thought it was very rich and heavy and 2 spoonfuls was enough for me. It was great when you dip the pretzels into it!

[​IMG]

I had the caesar salad, it was huge, cold, crisp and loaded with thin shavings of parm cheese that melted on your tongue. So good I could eat it every day!

[​IMG]

We both ordered the mushroom filet. DH had his medium and I had mine medium rare...they both came out exactly the same and I thought DH would send his back but he ate around the red middle (ha) and gave the good red juicy part to me and I did the same for him...but his filet was 100% better than mine..it was so tender and melted in your mouth, mine was stringy and tough and not the best....it was good but nothing like his. I forgot how rich this dish it, the risotto was awesome but super heavy on the mushroom flavor so if you do not like mushrooms do not order this! You can sub the risotto for mashed potatoes which we saw alot of people doing.

The first one is Todds and the second one is mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite my less than perfect filet we really liked this place, DH says Jiko is still number one for him but LC comes in second. We didnt get dessert here because we wanted to go to France or Norway...coming up next!

13. MickeyNicki

We waddled over to France and had a tough decision...what to drink? We each had a Nuvo...gawsh I love these wonderful things!

[​IMG]

In line at the France bakery nothing really stood out to us but I snapped a few pics anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So then we head over to Norway....

14. ChelleinNC

ChelleinNC Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

11pm and now I'm hungry ;)

15. MickeyNicki

At Norway I went picture crazy, they had a lot of new items since our Oct visit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided on the cappaccino cheesecake. It was blah..no taste at all, no coffee taste no cheesecake taste...the bottom was a flavorless cake, the middle a flavorless mousse topped with a flavorless cheesecake.

[​IMG]

DH ordered the rice cream. It was thick and pasty, the rice was hard and the topping was very very gloopy....not how we usually get it.

[​IMG]

So desserts were a bust, and here I sit still craving something sweet!

16. MickeyNicki

Our day tomorrow was DH's decision...we have a couples 80 minute massage at the Grand Floridian at 8am and we decided to keep our late breakfast at Chef Mickeys, I really hope we make it! The Poly said we can stay until 1 and then we will go over to DTD, do some shopping and have a late lunch before getting on the road at 3pm to go home...boo hoo.

I will not update until I get home so stick around.

We have been kicking around coming back in May.. I want to come back in early May but DH says June...ick..too hot then and the FLower show is over with. Maybe we can compromise and come back the last week of May?

Have a good night all!

17. BreTyPres87

BreTyPres87 Mouseketeer

Darn it that pic of the nuvo just reminded me that I was supposed to get a bottle of it tonight!!! :rotfl:

Sorry your meal at Capt. Cooks was so bad.. i lol'd at K Fed standing there he looked lost :rotfl: Tangiere looks good, Le cellier too
    thanks for the reviews these are the places i'm going so you're really helping!

18. svalencia1

svalencia1 Mouseketeer

Sorry that the Cheesecake wasn't better. I saw the picture of that and thought that I would have to try it, after reading your review though I will be skipping it. What a bummer though, it could have been really good. I'm really glad that you had a good time at Le Cellier. I am now sure that we will be going there instead of the Yachtsman. I will miss your dining review. Tell our hubby that you need to come back in May so that you can continue your food research and keep the dissers happy. Thanks so much for taking time out of our trip for us. I love reading about all of your dining experiances.

19. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I hate mushrooms, and always get the cream cheese mashed potatos--they are heavenly. Sorry your piece of steak wasn' as good as Todd's, but glad you shared. And hope you have a great last day and look forward to the last of the reviews.

20. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

Clarification please..... On my list of drinks to try, I've written down Peach Schnapps Oolong Tea, which I found in one of your reviews. Is that the same as the Peach Snap? I'm hoping I can get it at dinner in Nine Dragons. If not, I'll try it later that night or the next day.

I'm very curious about the Nuvo. I started to get it a couple weeks ago, but chickened out. :blush: Would you mind describing it for me?

Thanks for the Tony's review. :flower3: I'm looking forward to our lunch there now. It looks & sounds better than I expected from all the bad reviews. The Norway bakery pics were great too. We usually go to Boulangerie Patisserie. Like you, we were a bit disappointed last time. I think it's because we've "been there & done that" so many times. I think we'll give Kringla Bakeri og Cafe a try on our next visit.

21. BreTyPres87

BreTyPres87 Mouseketeer

Not to hijack but i'm drinking a bottle right now (small bottle I had to run out after reading this review! :rotfl2: ) its really smooth its carbonated and sweet i'm a punk when it comes to alcohol and its good to me!!