Will the GF decorate our room for a Birthday?

billsfan

Lets Go BUFF-A-LO
We will be staying at the GF this December while on vacation at WDW. We are NOT staying concierge. While we are down there both my mother and mother-in-law will be celebrating their birthdays. Can I set something up with the GF to decorate our room on Dec 11th while we are at Epcot and also on Dec 17th while we are at the MK on the KTTKT?

If you're not staying Concierge I don't think the staff at the Grand Floridian will decorate for you. You could either just order something to be delivered, such as a sweet (Chocolate etc) or a basket or something (see Ferelpeg's baskets). There is a great service that does that kind of thing at WDW, however they are not inexpensive. It's Gifts of a Lifetime and they do all kinds of really special things.

Good Luck!

We stayed at the Contemporary Resort (not Concierge) and celebrated my son's 1st birthday there (December 2004). I did NOT request decorations or anything for my son's birthday but did make a note that we were celebrating it while we were there. The day that we checked in, the Cast Member at the front desk mentioned that it was great to have both of our children there for the first time, and my daughter said, "and it's my brother's 1st birthday, too." We had to wait for our room (we were an early arrival) and when we did get our room number, we went to our room with our bags and there were a dozen balloons waiting for my son with a Happy Birthday card from Mickey and Minnie! They also included a pink balloon bouquet for my daughter (with a card signed by Cinderella) welcoming her for her first visit to Walt Disney World.

The whole thing was so magical!

If you want something in the room arrange and pay for something. To count on doing it because you mentioned it sets you up for disappointment.

I ordered the birthday package from Polynesian's In-Room Dining. This is what it looked like.
IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

Billsfan, are you looking for strictly decorations or birthday cakes also? If it's decorations, you might want to check with an event planner. I have no idea what they would charge for this service, but my guess is that it's something they'll do for a fee. The same goes for the Gifts of a Lifetime company that Kala mentioned. I have no idea how they gain access to your room, but they do offer birthday decorating packages.

If you wanted to set up a mini birthday celebration with a cake and what not, you need to call the GF and speak with someone in the private dining department. They will take care of all that for you. Where it's your mom and mom-in-law, maybe a tea party in your room with cake or something like that.

Tammi

Be careful about expecting stuff....I remember reading a lot of nice things that happened to people in Disney resorts in concierge, so I booked AKL concierge for my birthday...not expecting like decorations or cake or anything of the sort, but maybe a mere happy birthday or acknowledgement, and admittedly, I felt kind of bummed when no one on the concierge staff mentioned it during our stay. We had it on the reservation. I wondered at the time if I'd chosen another deluxe resort concierge (like GF, my fave) if it would have been acknowledged, but I'd gone for AKL specifically because I'd read about all the birthday fanfare on these pages. This was concierge, so I just want to warn of any hopes for a happy birthday greeting or anything, especially in a regular room! Next time I'll be sure and order all the stuff ahead of time if we want anything, and not worry about it.

Hope you have a great birthday experience! Being in WDW is wonderful for special occasions! :cheer2: (or any time for that matter...) :teeth:

You'd have to contract with a company like Gifts of a Lifetime, they will not decorate the room for you otherwise.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter