Will servers do this?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bahacca, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bahacca

bahacca Mouseketeer

I REALLY want to go to Palo, but there are items on all 3 MDR menus that, for me, are must tries. Since I'll be missing 1 of the MDRs, if I ask on the first night for them to bring me the items from the missed MDR on the last night, will they be able to do this? So say I miss dinner at AP-could I ask them to bring me some mushroom rissoto when I'm in PC if I give them a heads up that first night? We are on a 4 day cruise, so that 3rd day is Pirate night. I'd ideally go on pirate night, but my MIL and SFIL are going that night-and seeing as they paid for our trip, I cannot ask them to trade nights;-)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

As long as the item you want is being prepared in one of the MDRs the night you want it, it should be do-able.

:cutie:

4. dallastxcpa

dallastxcpa DIS Veteran

Why don't you just eat in Palo and the main dining room on the same night. You will be so stuffed, but if you time it right with your reservation you should be able to make both. :thumbsup2

5. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

The mushroom risotto is absolutely heavenly IMHO. I usually get 2 in AP. As to whether your server will do this...it's honestly a crap shoot. Some will, some won't. All you can do is ask.

6. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

I think this is the easiest way to go. We've dined at Palo at an early seating & have been able to then join our 2 DDs in the MDR by the time the late seating starts.
    You could probably do it the other way around, if you can gat a late Palo reservation (not sure how late their reservation go). :faint:

7. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

We do this. Early dining with family, then Palo as late as we can stand it. ;)

8. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest this as well. :thumbsup2

9. betsy918

betsy918 Mouseketeer

We regularly order favorite items from a different dining room than the one we are in that night. My daughter loves the lobster ravioli (I think it's on the enchanted garden menu. ) Our server brought it to her every night of our b2b on the Dream.

10. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Its for sure worth asking. Last year was my partner's first cruise. He was bummed that he was going to miss escargot in Lumiere's because we were going to be in Palo. He asked our server the night before if maybe they could send a serving of the slimy things to Palo. He said he would, but nope, didn't happen. The next night we were in Animators Our server told us that he tried to get the escargot sent to Palo, but Palo would not hear of it, as they dodn't feel that the MDR's quality is on par with theirs. However, two servings of escargot were then brought to the table.! It was great surprise!!!! And fantastic serivce.

So you very well might be able to get this done.

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

As long as it is one of the signature menu nights (so it is being prepared and served somewhere) they will get it for you--of course it is polite to give them a day of notice.

DD had her favorite soup on all 3 sig nights....

12. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

The first time I ever went to Palo, I booked the earliest seating (sometime around 6, I think). Then after finished there we went to our late dinner seating in the dining room. :rotfl: Granted, I ate only an appetizer and salad...we just wanted to visit with our tablemates and servers. :goodvibes

13. queenofeverything

queenofeverything Mouseketeer

What about going to Palo for Brunch instead of Dinner? We have done both and prefer the brunch. The view is wonderful!

14. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Not necessarily the case. In our story the night we were in Animators was pirate night, so the escargot was not part of the menu that night in Lumiere's. I

15. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

16. clten

clten DIS Veteran

I believe her point was not that special things cannot prepared on pirate night or other theme nights but rather, if it is signature menu night in all the restaurants, it is fairly easy for them to get you an item off one of the other restaurant's menus as it is already being prepared - no special order needed. In your case, they had advance notice that they would be preparing a special order and most things can be made if they have advance notice and the ingredients on board, regardless of what is on the menus of any of the restaurants.

It was nice your dining room team took the extra effort to try to get the escargot delivered -- twice!

17. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

My favorite dessert is the creme brulee cheesecake in Parrot Cay on their specific Parrot Cay menu. The first of the three nights of specific menu, I let my server know that my favorite dessert of all is the creme brulee cheesecake they serve in Parrot Cay - I have always gotten it brought to be when we've been in AP and Tritons/Lumieres on the other nights that Parrot Cay is serving it. By the third time, I don't even have to ask - our server brings it to me :)

18. Eleblanc

Eleblanc Mouseketeer

I must be missing something, but why can't you go the same night as your MIL and SFIL? You could go at different times if you are trying to keep to spend the night away from each other.

19. cmclaura

cmclaura How many more days til our next cruise?????

Do you know that there's a Portobello Risotto on the Palo appetizer menu that is TO DIE FOR? Much better than the regular mushroom risotto. You could kill two birds with one stone.