Will our ADR get cancelled if we have 2 for dinner on the same day?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by frannn, Jan 16, 2013.

1. frannn

frannn <font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread

We're thinking of doing the 8:30 Hoop De Doo in August. On the same day, we'd like to do a very late lunch at Chef's de France, which would be considered dinner time by Disney. I prefer the dinner menu anyway, so it wouldn't be an issue. Would Disney Dining consider this double booking and cancel one ADR? We're doing the regular DP, but may pay for HDD OOP. Not sure yet.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

I made each reservation under a different name to be safe. The dinner show under mine, late lunch reservation under husband name.

I have not had reservations cancelled but saw on other posts others did. When we arrived at some restaurants the cm's said they did not see any reservations listed for some people ahead of us. They were told the reservations were auto cancelled.

4. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

use different names and different phone numbers, just to be safe.

5. thegeb

thegeb Earning My Ears

Last year I had a ADR for Akershus for late breakfast and a ADR at Chefs de France for early dinner on the same day and there was never a problem. We were on the meal plan and no one even batted an eye. I think you should be A-OK.

6. Jubilee

Jubilee DIS Veteran

I haven't seen it happen to me yet in terms of them cancelling, but doesn't Chefs' dinner start at 4? I can EAT and even that is too close for me to go from Chef's to HDDR :blush:

7. TheoDawg

TheoDawg Mouseketeer

It should not be a problem even if its under the same name, because you use a credit card to reserve your Hoop Dee Doo seats.

And as long as the reservations are more the 2-2.5 hrs apart the computer usually does not reject it.

8. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

It is never a problem to have multiple ADRs on the same day- as long as you don't have more than one ADR for the same meal period. The computer will not allow it. This is what the OP is trying to manage.

She will either have to move her late lunch to an earlier time or try to book the two ADRs under different names and phone numbers as a PP recommended.

9. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

OP was doing 2 of the same meals (dinner) on the same day. Not breakfast/dinner.

10. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

They don't separate by "you are booking two dinner meals, you can't do that." They use timing. You can't make a reservation under the same name within two to three hours of each other. If the reservations are further apart than that it will work fine. If they're not you won't even be able to make the reservation unless you use different names on each one.