Will my in-laws see the bill?

berkeleykel06

Earning My Ears
I booked two rooms, one for myself and my husband and the other for my in-laws. My husband and I are footing the bill and don't want our in-laws to know how much we paid (club level at Contemporary, plus tickets = EEEK). When booking they required that my father-in-law's name be on his room, rather than having my name on both. I'm concerned that upon check in due to his name being on the room reservation they will give him a receipt or that at check out they will slide a copy of the bill under the door. I booked it as a package and have paid in full already.

Anyone have any insight? From a quick search it looks like as of a year ago they were emailing the bills rather than sliding them under the door, but when I stayed in Feb at CBR I didn't get an email (can't remember whether I got a physical copy).

Anyone have any insight?

We only received an email for what was charged to the room.
The bill for the resort and ticket package are not included in the room charge email. So you should be just fine.

We received an email invoice as well.

However, if it concerns you, I would mention something to IPO beforehand.

Last edited:
I booked two rooms, one for myself and my husband and the other for my in-laws. My husband and I are footing the bill and don't want our in-laws to know how much we paid (club level at Contemporary, plus tickets = EEEK). When booking they required that my father-in-law's name be on his room, rather than having my name on both. I'm concerned that upon check in due to his name being on the room reservation they will give him a receipt or that at check out they will slide a copy of the bill under the door. I booked it as a package and have paid in full already.

Anyone have any insight? From a quick search it looks like as of a year ago they were emailing the bills rather than sliding them under the door, but when I stayed in Feb at CBR I didn't get an email (can't remember whether I got a physical copy).

Anyone have any insight?

Just as the other posters said . Mention to the IPO and when you check in that you don't want your in laws to see how much you paid. Will they be charging anything if so they will have to have their bands scan to have a credit card on it plus the dining plan. But call travel company to let them know you are paying and don't want them to know. Just send the bill to your email address. What a nice thing you are doing. Have fun !!!

My husband and I pay for a trip every year for our 3 children and their families and have always gotten the email bill when we check out. The kids never know how much of their inheritance is going to Disney!! It is a good way for us all to be together for one week a year since my kids are spread all over the country!

My husband and I pay for a trip every year for our 3 children and their families and have always gotten the email bill when we check out. The kids never know how much of their inheritance is going to Disney!! It is a good way for us all to be together for one week a year since my kids are spread all over the country!

I like how you think lol.

I haven't had a bill slid under my door in the past couple years, only emails. I would make sure none of your in-laws' emails are tied to the room reservations so they don't automatically get a copy upon checkout. (Sometimes I haven't received the email, either, and have had to call WDW for it.)

Are they linking their own credit card to their Magic Bands? I'd worry that they'll get curious about their spending and request a copy of their charges at some point (and there's really no way to prevent them from doing that). The printout will include the charge and payment for the room itself, not just the incidental MB charges.

I hope you find a way to pull it off, though, because it's a truly awesome gift that you're giving!

Are they linking their own credit card to their Magic Bands? I'd worry that they'll get curious about their spending and request a copy of their charges at some point (and there's really no way to prevent them from doing that). The printout will include the charge and payment for the room itself, not just the incidental MB charges.

This. If they are taking care of their own charges to their room, the cost of the room will be printed on the invoice, unfortunately, and I bet there's no way for the IPO to change that. Hopefully they just won't care and will just let the charges fall to their card, and you can let them know upon checkout when you get the email what they spent.

We received an email invoice as well.

However, if it concerns you, I would mention something to IPO beforehand.

Only have received e mail invoices as well lately. GREAT idea, I would mention it to the front desk and ask them to note it in your file just to "be sure"
ENJOY!:flower1: Your inlaws have "VERY GENEROUS KIDS"!:thumbsup2

If it's a room only reservation, then yes, the cost of the room will be displayed on the bill at checkout, and also if they ask to see a copy of their bill to see how much they've charged to the room. If it is a package reservation, then the room and tax charges are not displayed on the bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter