Will Magic & Wonder be a let down after Fantasy?

aaklang

Mouseketeer
We just cruised on the Fantasy and absolutely loved it. I'd love to book another Disney cruise when the 2014 dates come out, but might want to consider a non-Caribbean itinerary. Will I be disappointed going on the Magic or Wonder? Will my kids like it as much (they will be ages 7 and 3 in 2014).

Not if you go on an Alaskan cruise. We were on the Wonder last August and it was an outstanding cruise. The food is just average but I'm sure the food on any of the ships is just blah.

Disney food is "just OK" on any of the ships. We did the Fantasy in 2012. We are CHOOSING the Magic again in 2013. DD has no desire to be on the Fantasy again.

aaklang said:
We just cruised on the Fantasy and absolutely loved it. I'd love to book another Disney cruise when the 2014 dates come out, but might want to consider a non-Caribbean itinerary. Will I be disappointed going on the Magic or Wonder? Will my kids like it as much (they will be ages 7 and 3 in 2014).

We loved the Fantasy as well and are going on the Magic in June. I am worried about the same thing. The DSs loved the enchanted art, but any day on a Disney ship is better than a workday.

Its funny that you would ask that. I'm having the opposite dilemna. We just got off of the Wonder for our first cruise and I'm "wonder"ing if we will like the larger ships as much as we loved the smaller or if it will be too overwhelming for my son. I'll have to try all 4 to see which I like better!:cool1:

The smaller ships give their guests more personal attention instead of catering to the mass (IMO) ;) The classic ships are our favorites, but I wouldn't turn down any of the Disney ships :)

We have done the Magic and the Wonder several times as well as the Dream, :boat: the Wonder remains our favorite. DD had a much better time in the clubs on Wonder and I enjoy using all stairways and not having to walk through the Cabanas :thumbsup2

All and all feels like a more personal experience for us and there is no lack of amenities or activities. :yay:

:thumbsup2

Nope!. All the Disney vessels are specail in there own ways..........all a great and specail criuse with Disney Magic the giuding principal!:thumbsup2

AKK

The smaller ships give their guests more personal attention instead of catering to the mass (IMO) ;) The classic ships are our favorites, but I wouldn't turn down any of the Disney ships :)

MTE!! I enjoyed my Dream and Fantasy cruises but my heart belongs to the Magic. I'm so looking forward to sailing the Magic's EBTA in May. :goodvibes

We've bounced back and forth between the Magic/Wonder and Dream, and find plenty to love about both. The older ships are quite large; the Dream almost has too much for the short cruises she does. We're trying the Fantasy soon (will be in the Grand Slam Plus club, woohoo), maybe the longer cruise gives us more time to enjoy the much expanded venues on board. But for now, no disappointment whatsoever. As for 3 and 7 year olds, I suspect the ships are so overwhelmingly large they won't be able to tell the difference.

They are both different... I haven't been on the Magic or Wonder in 4.5 years but have done the Dream and Fantasy both in their inaugural year. But both are amazing! I love both for different reason. The Magic is Cozy and more intimate while the Dream and Fantasy are more grand and extravagant. it's like the difference between Disneyland (Magic/Wonder) and Walt Disney World (Dream/Fantasy). Both are special, and both are fabulous ships. pirate:

Our first DCL cruise was on the Dream and we were afraid to sail on the classic ships for the same reason. However we LOVED the Magic. So much that we sailed again a couple months later. We then chose to book a sailing on the Wonder instead of the Dream or Fantasy because we liked being on a smaller ship. The technology is nice and the Aquaduck was cool, but IMHO nothing beats the intimacy and service that comes with being on a smaller boat. Since we travel with our 2 year old we like that we can always find a chair near the pools and a table at the buffet. On the Dream I was overwhelmed by all the people and felt like I was always waiting in line.

traveln4fun said:
Its funny that you would ask that. I'm having the opposite dilemna. We just got off of the Wonder for our first cruise and I'm "wonder"ing if we will like the larger ships as much as we loved the smaller or if it will be too overwhelming for my son. I'll have to try all 4 to see which I like better!:cool1:

That's where I am! I went on the Wonder last month, and will again in May. I loved the smaller feel, not crowded, etc.. I kind of don't want to try the bigger ones, especially for a short itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter