Will I have to switch rooms or can my reservations be linked?

DisneyFansInLINY

DIS Veteran
I have 2 separate reservations booked at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room. 1 is for the night of June 30-July 1 and the other is for July 1-July 2. I booked both through expedia. Am I going to have to check out on July 1 and then check in again on July 1 for my second night and switch rooms? Or can Disney link these reservations so that I don't have to switch rooms? I had to book both nights separately in order to use 2 $50 off coupons, so canceling and rebooking is not an option.

Also, we rented points for our stay on July 5-7 at Boardwalk Villas in a studio. I then booked the night of July 4-5 in a Boardwalk studio through expedia. Will Disney be able to link these reservations as well so that we don't have to switch rooms?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I have 2 separate reservations booked at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room. 1 is for the night of June 30-July 1 and the other is for July 1-July 2. I booked both through expedia. Am I going to have to check out on July 1 and then check in again on July 1 for my second night and switch rooms? Or can Disney link these reservations so that I don't have to switch rooms? I had to book both nights separately in order to use 2 $50 off coupons, so canceling and rebooking is not an option.

Since you booked through a third-party system, the best you could hope for is asking at check-in to have the reservations linked. Since you don't "own" your reservations until you check in, you can't call Disney and get it taken care of before you leave.

Also, we rented points for our stay on July 5-7 at Boardwalk Villas in a studio. I then booked the night of July 4-5 in a Boardwalk studio through expedia. Will Disney be able to link these reservations as well so that we don't have to switch rooms?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

The systems to book using points and via cash are two separate systems, so the two reservations cannot be linked. The CM at check-in can attempt to keep you in the same studio (provided the two reservations are for the same view, you didn't say), but it won't be guaranteed.

Don't do online check in. When you check in for your first reservation tell the front desk you have a continuing reservation and give them the confirmation number and any other info they may need. So long as you have booked the same room type and view, this should reduce the risk of having to switch rooms. Since there is always a slim risk, it's a good idea to go down to the front desk very early on the second check in day to take care of the second booking. I went down about 7am, and there wasn't anyone at the desk and it took just a few minutes - and I didn't have to move.

Don't do online check in. When you check in for your first reservation tell the front desk you have a continuing reservation and give them the confirmation number and any other info they may need. So long as you have booked the same room type and view, this should reduce the risk of having to switch rooms. Since there is always a slim risk, it's a good idea to go down to the front desk very early on the second check in day to take care of the second booking. I went down about 7am, and there wasn't anyone at the desk and it took just a few minutes - and I didn't have to move.

Thank you so much for this info! I won't have my husband with me to help out with our 2 kids so I really don't want to have to switch rooms at AoA. My husband is joining us on July 2. This is a surprise trip for the kids. My daughter's birthday is July 5. And we are resort hopping like crazy since we rented points and there was limited availability. So first 3 nights are at my parent's vacation home. My dad's birthday is July 4. So two birthdays during this trip :) Then 2 nights AoA. Then 1 night at BWV. Then 1 night at BLT. Then 3 nights at BWV. So I really, really hope I don't have to switch rooms at AoA lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter