Will I get stuck or sink the Nemo Ride Question

Lady

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone... I'm a very "Fluffy Pooh Bear" size woman (about a size 22)... I haven't riden the new Nemo Submarine Ride yet... was wondering if I would fit through the hole to the stairs and in the seats... don't want to get stuck or sink the Subs... :scared1: Has anyone rode it yet that might be my size and fit comfortably or not?... thanks :grouphug:

You won't have any problems fitting down the spiral stairs (although they are very awkward, regardless of your size).

Seats won't be a problem either. Everyone has their own flat, flip-down seat. Any hiney, regardless of size, will fit without a problem.:thumbsup2

Thank you... I figure the stairs will be a bit tricky as I have a slipped knee cap and some arthritis in feet and knees... but if I can go slowly, it'll be okay... Thanks again... :cheer2:

Thank you... I figure the stairs will be a bit tricky as I have a slipped knee cap and some arthritis in feet and knees... but if I can go slowly, it'll be okay... Thanks again... :cheer2:

You'll be able to go slowly. Everyone goes slowly. There's no other way to get up and down those spiral stairs on the subs.:goodvibes

I am a size 22 (24 on a bad day) and very "bottom heavy." I went to Disneyland 2 months ago and rode lots and lots of rides....never had a problem on a single one! The only ride I didn't go on was Astro Orbitors because other people said they had problems on it (fit-wise).

Nemo won't be a problem. The door and stair-width are plenty wide enough. I felt like the flip-down seats weren't very wide...but I had my daughter sitting next to me, so I had plenty of room.

I saw some people get on there that were much bigger than that. You shouldn't have a problem unless you have trouble getting around.

I am a size 20/22 depending on the day, and I had no problem getting in or out of the Nemo ride and was perfectly comfortable while in it.

I'm also pooh sized and rode nemo last night. I had no problems. There were men and women in the 300 pound range riding the ride without problems. You are packed in the sub and it doesnt matter if you are thin or pooh you are going to be touching elbows. I sat by my 7 year old daughter so I could have a little elbow room. You will be fine.

Thank you all for your responses... I was probably quite a bit smaller when I went on the subs last... I really appreciate your responses and will give it a try... Thanks again... you are all awesome!!! :hug:

Hey Lady, Saw you were from Gilbert and just wanted to saty hi. We are in Sun City. also going this week......... Have a great time...

Just throwing this out there. I didn't ride it so I wouldn't know, however I remember seeing a post on here that they have a special viewing room for those with disabilities and/or chlostrophobia (sp). I know you didn't mention either of those and I am sure it isn't the same as being in a sub but you may be able to use it as an option if you decide. Although all the other posts say you'll be just fine, I would totally ride the sub and get the full experience.

I saw people of all shapes and sizes on our sub and nobody really seemed to have any problems.

I'm somewhat claustrophobic so I was concerned about Nemo. I started off the ride a little uncomfortable because they closed the sub and it took a bit for it to start moving. It was warm in the sub too so that added to the uneasy state. Once the ride got underway, I finally settled down. Hubby and I both found the windows to be on the low side (I'm 5'5") for us so I had to lean forward into the porthole to get a good view.

I tend to get claustrophobic and did feel that a little bit on this ride. When the sub started to "submerge" when they have the bubbles go by the window, I felt a bit of panic....I took a few breaths, leaned forward to look out and the window and up...to see the surface of the water. Even though I knew we weren't really going down deeper, my brain needed that mental image of the water surface just above us. Claustrophia is definitely a mental thing for me and I can work it out if I just relax and think about the situation. (Had the same problem in an MRI machine once.)

Once I go it into my head that we were still right at the surface, I was able to relax and enjoy the ride. The portholes are very low, as mentioned by others, so I spend the ride hunched over to look out. A cute ride, but not worth too long of a wait.

I am 6'7" tall and over 300 pounds and only had one problem, Space Mountain. I could not get my knees to fit so I could sit down. No problem with Nemo or anything else. Have agood time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter