Will I be wishing I was somewhere else?

disneydacey

Gettin' my Disney fix since 86'
We just got back from a family trip at CBR. Now just DH and I are wanting to do a trip by ourselves. We were thinking end of Feb with SPD discount. POP would be about $1800 for a standard king room, 7 day PH, QS dining. If we did a king room at CBR same package would be $2406. I could also do RO at CBR with Undercover Tourist tix, no DDP for $1896.
DH loved hanging at the CBR quiet pools and having an adult beverage. We haven't stayed at a value for 12 years. Will I be disappointed? We don't care about room amenities as much as bus service, king bed and adult pool time. I'm confused! Is it worth the extra $$$?

We just got back from a family trip at CBR. Now just DH and I are wanting to do a trip by ourselves. We were thinking end of Feb with SPD discount. POP would be about $1800 for a standard king room, 7 day PH, QS dining. If we did a king room at CBR same package would be $2406. I could also do RO at CBR with Undercover Tourist tix, no DDP for $1896.
DH loved hanging at the CBR quiet pools and having an adult beverage. We haven't stayed at a value for 12 years. Will I be disappointed? We don't care about room amenities as much as bus service, king bed and adult pool time. I'm confused! Is it worth the extra $$$?

For our family, we don't mind paying the extra money that the CBR cost over a value resort. Like your husband, we enjoy spending time at the quiet pools and the beaches at the CBR. Our resort it is important to us and that's why we like the laid back feel that the CBR gives us.

Another reason we like the CBR (and all moderates have these), are the covered bus stops, the multiple quiet pools, the larger rooms, coffee makers, etc.

All of those things combined are worth the extra money for our family.

Personally, I would go for the moderate over a value. We almost stayed at Pop Century but changed to CSR at the last minute for our last trip. Driving by Pop Century on the way from the airport, we were very happy with our decision. You'll have fun either way BUT for an adult-only trip, I would go for the moderate. Skip the dining plan and you're set :)

At CBR you can book a king room, but at Pop it would just be a request. Something to keep in mind. :goodvibes

Hard decision and only you can make it.... I myself have stayed at all moderate resorts and all value resorts and my opinion is this...

I prefer more trips and longer stays so i go moderate... I much more rather a 10+ up day trip (which is more affordable at a value-since i am single and recently travel alone)
when i go with someone we split the cost of a moderate room and dont usually stay as long...
And in both cases i find i am more of a park person...i am out of the room by 7-8 am and unless a hot july/august visit i dont get back to the room until 8-12 at night
so i dont use the resort facilities anyway so that is why i stay value....thats your big decision...will you use the resort facilities or not... Good luck in your decision

Thanks for all the advice! I'm leaning towards CBR. DH looked at POP and said he wasn't impressed:) I've created a total Disney snob!

I would stay at CBR over a value resort any day of the week, and since it will be only the two of you, a RO discount makes the most sense. A free DDP is always nice but I honestly don't think it'd be worth it (even though it's free) for just two people. You'll save a bunch more money with a RO discount instead!

I think you already answered your question, though. ;) Go and enjoy the quiet pool areas!

Well I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say....

If you care about bus service then I would book Pop!!!! Especially with the difference in price. You can grab a beverage at Petals Pool bar and hang out at the Hippy Dippy pool (which we never found too crowded) or head for the quieter pools.

We just did an adult trip to pop and loved it! We were so close to the pool, dining and bus stop. Last year we stayed at POR with our family of 5 with a preferred room and everything felt like a hike. The bus service was great at pop. The covered bus stops at the moderates are more comfortable for the wait, but we barely waited.

If it were just me and the DW going, there is no way I would stay in a value. We would probably be spending less time at the parks with the kids not being there and more time at the resort. CSR has nice pools also.

With only two adults going, it was way cheaper for my wife and I to do the RO discount vs SPD. However we are staying deluxe. Anyway, you might price a deluxe with a dining plan on the room only discount..it might be cheaper than a moderate with the SPD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter