• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I be able to exchange broken merchandise without a receipt?

Jujubee727

Mouseketeer
I have two things that I am hoping I can exchange on our upcoming trip..
One is a necklace with a broken chain and the other is a Dumbo popcorn bucket that one of the ears broke off. I don't have receipts for either one.

Will I have any problems getting these replaced??

Disney is generally pretty cool about this stuff. You should definitely ask, I'll bet they take care of you.:earsboy:

Last month I bought a necklace with a little charm on it for my sister in MK...and as soon as she tried it on, the necklace broke....I hadn't kept the receipt...but we found the same thing in another store at EPCOT and we were able to switch it out, no problem.

Good luck!

On one of my trips we bought a light up wand looking thing (i don't recommend it) that had a mickey head at the end that you hold. Well a screw fell out and it was coming apart at the seam. The next night we asked a cm at the light up cart if we can exchange it. They did no problem.

Then our last trip we bought a Woody at the kiosk outside the ride and the woody arm was out of the socket, so they replaced it no problem.

As others have noted, Disney tends to be really good about changing items that are broken without a receipt. My dad had bought me a really cute Mickey purse during my trip in September. Well, when I got home and took it out of the bag, I realized there was a hole in the back of the purse. I kept it in the bag and when I went back to Disney the following April, they just gave me another purse, no questions asked, no receipt needed!

I have exchanged two items months later with no receipt including a pin that wouldn't stay latched. The other item was a t-shirt that didn't fit that was given to me as a gift.

Disney is generally pretty cool about this stuff . . .

1) For park or resort merchandise, exchange/replacement is pretty easy.
2) WDW is a little more strict about replacing Universal or SeaWorld items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter