Will Free Dining change your August plans?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mysparky, Apr 7, 2007.

?

Will Free Dining change your August Plans?

1. Yes, we're going to move our vacation dates so they coincide with Free Dining

2. No, we don't have the option to change

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mysparky

mysparky Mouseketeer

Now that we (finally) know that Free Dining is going to be offered beginning August 26th, how many of you will change your August vacation dates?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

were august 16 to 24 but cant change because of DD and her DF we are taking along go back to school on the 27th.:sad1:

4. disgram

disgram DIS Veteran

Wish that I could but my DD and his family cannot change their dates. He would not have been able to get the FD anyway, as he is staying in the Family Suites in ALSMu.

5. dzorn

dzorn DIS Addict

We were not planning on WDW this year, but free DDP I've talked DH into it.

Denise in MI

6. DisneyFans4

DisneyFans4 Dis Veteran

I'm staying at the Swan and they don't participate with the free dining and for our family the following week is school so I prefer not to go late in August.

7. The Hill Family

The Hill Family Mouseketeer

We don't have the option to change our dates because of school. So, we'll just suck it up and go have a good time anyway.

8. I voted for #3. ;)

We never use the dining plan. We eat very, very lightly, and the dining plan doesn't appeal to us. We are keeping our current plans without modification.

9. DisneyFans4

DisneyFans4 Dis Veteran

The dining plan does not suit our family either as during our visits we also visits friends and do Universal, Sea World and Busch garden. We have the DDE card which is better for us.

10. AButrcup1

AButrcup1 Earning My Ears

If I could change I would,we are going the week after free dining.It just doesn't fit into our schedule.

POP..Sept 26-Oct 5 2007
    1st MNSSHP!!

11. Flagondry

Flagondry Mouseketeer

Yup, we switched our vacation from June to Aug. It saves us a ton of money. I also love having the food be free. If I paid for the DDP I'd kind of feel like I should try to eat all that food to justify the cost. This way I can eat just an appy and dessert if I want without any guilt:cool1:

12. DisneyFans4

DisneyFans4 Dis Veteran

I'm curious. Where do I go to see this offer?

13. roe

roe Mouseketeer

We were originally going to change our plans when the free dining came out. We have a ressie at the Dolphin and were going to switch to the Beach Club. Unfortunately, we are checking out on 8/26 not checking in!!!! We were originally supposed to go that week, but HS Sport tryouts are then and we cannot change :(

I still think we got a good deal at the Dolphin for $125 per night. It just will be weird without the dining plan, since we had it free the past 2 years! It used to start earlier in August! Oh well!

14. Rock'n Robin

Rock'n Robin Disney Queen

Nope. I'll be there Aug. 9-13 and my school year starts Aug. 20--plus DD#1 has cheer practice starting that day and DD#2 wants to try out for 7th grade volleyball.
    It's OK--hopefully it will be less crowded when I'm there because people are changing dates. We are getting the dining plan anyhow.
    Robin M.

15. bethifoody

bethifoody Mouseketeer

Nope, can't change. We've got ressies for Aug. 18-23 & we're meeting my sister's family down there. We've got plane tickets already too. Bummer, dude!

Beth in MI:confused3

16. kldmom2000

kldmom2000 DIS Veteran

We leave Disney the 24th :( ... 2 days before the free DDP will be available :( :( :( :( We were going regardless the week that we chose but free dining would have been awesome :thumbsup2 My older DD will be starting 2nd grade and school here starts up the last Wednesday before Labor Day :( so there's no possibility of going during free dining after the difficult time I had taking her out of 1st grade for 4 days last Sept/Oct :rotfl:

Oh well.... at least I got $300 off my pkg through AAA ... so I don't feel THAT bad about it :rotfl: :rotfl: