Will FP times ever be posted at the front gate or at other parks?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
It would be nice if you could see the FP return times (constantly changing real time) at the other parks, or at the front gate. I could see the front gate as a bad idea for WDW because a potential customer may not enter. Then again it could at least be just INSIDE so you had to ENTER to check the times but at least you wouldnt have to walk all the way to Space Mt only to find it is out (or earlier that you want). As far as the other parks, that would be nice to know you have plenty of time (or not) to get over to EPCOT for TestTrack from MGM for example. Even better would be posted times on your hotel TV-nice incentive for on site guests. Nicer yet would be obtaining them at your hotel-could somebody stop me?

I agree. I wish they would have the wait times posted in other areas of the parks, rather than just one spot. They kind of use an ancient system where a castmember manually changes the times on the tip board. On my trip last month, I noticed they were using the cards where they measure the length of the line more often. Twice I was asked to carry it through by the cm at the entrance and hand it to the cm at the loading platform.

I don't think that will ever happen... as this is part of the charm why FP works so well... it is all about moving people around the park... keep em movin.... that's the trick.. if everyone comes in and sees a shorter FP wait time in one place.. that's where everyone will go... the way it is now... it keeps the crowds dispersed throughout the entire park... very scientific.... So...although it would seem much more convenient for the guest if the FP times were posted... in actuality.. it would not be in our best interest... JMHO... :)

Kathy :wave:

They somewhat do that at EPCOT. They don't say what time they are distributing passes for but they do say that there are passes available.

Even that would be helpful if you enter the back entrance by BW and ask there if Test Track is still available-thats a LONG walk otherwise. Thanks for the info.

jade1 said:
It would be nice if you could see the FP return times (constantly changing real time) at the other parks, or at the front gate. I could see the front gate as a bad idea for WDW because a potential customer may not enter. Then again it could at least be just INSIDE so you had to ENTER to check the times but at least you wouldnt have to walk all the way to Space Mt only to find it is out (or earlier that you want). As far as the other parks, that would be nice to know you have plenty of time (or not) to get over to EPCOT for TestTrack from MGM for example. Even better would be posted times on your hotel TV-nice incentive for on site guests. Nicer yet would be obtaining them at your hotel-could somebody stop me?

Cripes, maybe they do read these boards.

Ha Ha wheels were turning 10 years ago for FP+. :idea:

haha where did you dig up this thread?

The other "old" thread from 2012 got me wondering.

I just always remembered thinking how stupid it was to have to have everyone go into a park, then walk all the way to a ride-crossing your fingers that FP was even available-or times that would work for your day.

I knew about 10 years ago I emailed WDW whining about it, and thought I suggested it on here.

Took some digging but there it was.

Also found the WDW applied for a similar idea/patent about 9 months after my post (spring 2005).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter