Will Fantasy make it back?

We are in WDW now at a resort waiting to board the Fantasy. I don't know what to do because we have a car on the way to pick us up & DCL & our car company are closed at the moment so I can't call anyone. Our travel agent is on vacation & I don't know what to do.

If we can't board until tonight & our WDW hotel check out time is at 11:00a? then what do we do until we can get on the ship? Help?

We are also peeved. Why can't they at least post an update for us with some est times. The ship isn't in PC yet, so no way we will board until later, but when is the question!

We are also peeved. Why can't they at least post an update for us with some est times. The ship isn't in PC yet, so no way we will board until later, but when is the question!

Yes, I understand that DCL has no control over the weather, but for those of us boarding the ship today we REALLY need an update sooner than 9:00am EST in order to change arrangements for our day!!!

If only we had getting on the cruise to worry about and not the safety of family on board for what must have been a terrible night!

It was a very scary night...there were a couple times the boat was listing so badly I was scared out of my mind! They just announced we are close to Port, and may try docking around 9 am.

If only we had getting on the cruise to worry about and not the safety of family on board for what must have been a terrible night!

I would hope that DCL would be responsible enough to not put anyone's safety at risk. I trust them to do that. I do need to know what is going on so that I can make arrangements for the day though.

Wow, I guess I don't have to freak out about the rush I was going to be in then leaving home...I live in Clermont.

*wave* from Davenport. Hope you have a great trip! I wish mine wasn't a year away. Take lots of pics!

It was a very scary night...there were a couple times the boat was listing so badly I was scared out of my mind! They just announced we are close to Port, and may try docking around 9 am.

You are not too far at all. How bad is it now? My thoughts are with ya'll.

If the passengers are that scared, I'm surprised it didn't delay. If other ships are delaying (as mentioned on the first page), why isn't Disney? I'm new to cruising, so how often does this sort of thing happen? I would hope you could trust the captain to keep everyone safe? (That's a question.) Has any cruise ship ever capsized because of something like this? I'm guessing not and it must have been safe. But I am curious to know.

ETA: What time do the ships normally come in to PC?

We're at. Hotel in Cocoa Beach just waiting for instructions too. glad to be high and dry and not seasick. the wind is blowing and some dumpsters were tipped over but it doesn't look too bad. Easy for me to say.

Our dtr in Virginia will probably have more of a storm to deal with than we will. When three storms collide -- they're calling it a Frankenstorm.

Friend posted on FB that they hope to get to PC by 9. The they have to get clearance to pull into the channel and dock.

She said she was literally thrown out of bed, the ship,was moving that badly.

I think getting the ship In that early is quite a feat of seamanship.

Kim

Yes, I understand that DCL has no control over the weather, but for those of us boarding the ship today we REALLY need an update sooner than 9:00am EST in order to change arrangements for our day!!!

I suggest hanging at the hotel until 11:00 or 12:00then heading over. The ship needs to clear customs and then they have get all the cabins ready so I bet they won't start boarding till 12-1.

Let's try to keep some perspective people. Right now Fantasy's captain has the safety of thousands of passengers and crew on his mind and is trying his utter best to satisfy multiple competing demands. He is totally unconcerned at this time for the next group of passengers, and that is exactly how you would want it if you were on board right now. Sorry if you're offended. I would suggest simply trying to get over it. $ 0.02

Let's try to keep some perspective people. Right now Fantasy's captain has the safety of thousands of passengers and crew on his mind and is trying his utter best to satisfy multiple competing demands. He is totally unconcerned at this time for the next group of passengers, and that is exactly how you would want it if you were on board right now. Sorry if you're offended. I would suggest simply trying to get over it. $ 0.02

All true, but that doens't stop DCL from giving updates a bit more frequently

The Monarch of the Seas has made it into port this morning, so it is definitely possible for the Fantasy to do so as delayed as she may be. I've always wanted to be on the ships during rough seas just to see what it is like(I want to work onboard and wonder if I can handle the seas when they are not calm) but I hope everyone stays safe! pirate:

Monarch of the Seas has been in port since 3 yesterday afternoon, when the water was alot calmer.

My main point is that the port is not closed. I didn't know when the monarch got in, just that she is there. I do believe that the Fantasy can get in port today, delayed as she may be.

The Monarch of the Seas sails from PC on Mondays and Fridays. According to marinetraffic.com, she's been at PC since 4:22 AM on 10/26 (Friday).
http://marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?datasource=ITINERARIES&MMSI=311735000

Much better this AM than last night. If you are getting on be prepared for a rough evening heading south. Capt. Tom says we should be at mouth of port at 9am and he "thinks there is a chance we can port then". Such is life booking a cruise during hurricane season!

I do agree that the safety of the people comes first, but I don't expect the captain or anyone on-board to give me updates. I'm not asking them to take any dangerous risks. I just want to be updated. DCL has thousands of people working for them. Surely the IT team is not on-board the ship & can post or email updates frequently in this situation. Everyone needs to do their own job. I will not get over it. I own my own business & know that I need to provide customer service. For $10,000. I spent on this vacation, I'm only asking for an update from DCL.

That being said... I do pray for safety for those on-board.

Much better this AM than last night. If you are getting on be prepared for a rough evening heading south. Capt. Tom says we should be at mouth of port at 9am and he "thinks there is a chance we can port then". Such is life booking a cruise during hurricane season!

I am glad that things are getting better for those of you on-board. I pray that you will have a safe arrival into port & trust that the captain will keep you all safe. Sorry that the end of your trip was so rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter