Will Disney World be busy or slow?

DaisyMom618

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I am new to the DISboards and still trying to navigate this site. Can anyone PLEASE tell me if Disney World will be extremely busy the second week of February?!? I am taking my DS5 to Disney World for his first vist on Feb. 8th (SOOOOOO excited! :woohoo:). We will be there until Feb. 12th the Friday before Presidents Day weekend. We will also be there for his 6th Birthday (Feb. 10th)! I have done alot of research to make it the best possible trip and when I booked the trip I saw a lot of info saying that the time of year we are going is one of the least crowded. As I look around different site I'm seeing that maybe that time isn't the best as it is VERY crowded! Can someone please give me an answer from personal experience? Thank you so much! I love this site!:lovestruc

Hi and :welcome: to the DIS!

Disney crowds are pretty easy to predict: when schools are closed through much of the country, WDW will be crowded. When schools are open, WDW will not be too bad. And in general, weekends are more crowded than weekdays.

President's Day week is pretty crowded; the week before President's Day is not. Enjoy your trip!

We went at that time a couple of years ago. The crowds weren't bad compared to when we go in June. Pack a wide variety of clothing options though. When we were there in Feb. we had a high of 35 one day and hot with tornado warnings at Disneyworld the next day. They said those two scenerios never happen and the rest of our trip was warm and sunny, but it just shows you never know and we were not prepared for cold weather.

I think perhaps Friday the 12th might be a little busier, from people looking to make a 4 day weekend out of a Monday holiday. But if you are leaving that day it might not effect you.

But the rest of the week seems pretty good! It might get a wee bit busier as the week goes on, for the above weekend...people extending a holiday weekend.

But nothing like Christmas, Easter or summer crowds.

Have a great trip! :wizard:

I'm going the last week of Feb, doesn't look too bad, might want to joing tourguidemike.com (TGM) there are threads about his site too, under planning I think. I wondered if I should, but like someone said, you're spending over 3 grand on a vacation, isn't spending 20 bucks on the best advise ever worth it. He has great planning tips.

Good luck!

We went around that time last year and it wasn't too crowded the first couple days, then it got a little more crowded and then it got even more crowded on Valentine's Day but you won't be there that day so it should be fine! :)

The beginning of your trip it shouldn't be crowded at all. But President's Day weekend it's going to be a zoo!

Check www.touringplans.com for their crowd calendar and go to the park that is recommended for the days you will be touring the parks. Don't do Extra Magic Hours unless you have park hopping tickets and can leave to go to the recommended park when it gets very crowded the rest of the day. EMH parks will have twice the wait in lines once they open to the general public.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

We went that same time this past year and the first few days were great but the closer it got to the holiday, the more crowded it got, but not unmanageable. The weather was pleasant during the day but you needed a warmjacket at night.

Our trip last year was 2/10 - 2/17, which encompassed Valentine's and President's Days. It was busier than I expected, especially as the weekend approached. I later found out from Tour Guide Mike that we went to the wrong parks on the wrong days based on the day of the week and various "special events" going in the different parks. Duh - maybe should have consulted him first!:sad2: Might be worth consulting his Least Crowded Parks advice for the 2nd half of your stay.

We'll be there from 1/30-2/6, so we'll leave some lucky Pixie Dust behind for you! Enjoy your Magical Vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter