Will Disney Sacrifice 'Star Wars' Films For 'Star Wars' Toys?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Rumors Rocks, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Rumors Rocks

Rumors Rocks Mouseketeer

Will Disney Sacrifice 'Star Wars' Films For 'Star Wars' Toys? http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...-wars-films-for-star-20131101,0,2056540.story

[​IMG]

2. PortMickey

PortMickey DCLfan

I don't think more time necessarily equals a better movie. They had 20 years for episode I and I don't think that extra time made it great. They have been working on this for a long time and they still have a lot of time before 2015. If everyone does there part, it will be great!

The reason Iger doesn't want to push it back is because they are setting it up just like the Avengers. It's going to be a huge puzzle with all the side movies and sequels. This is not a one off Pixar movie. The good dinosaur movie problem does not stop production and release dates for the next 6 or 7 Pixar movies.

They are probably working on 6 or 7 other Star wars movies with stories and release dates that need that movie to come out in Summer 2015. If the problems are bad enough they have to push it back they will, but not at this point. It sound like Abrams and Iger think everything is still very workable, so why push it back.

3. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

I think people are getting too worked up about a rumor. Filming isn't supposed to begin for several months. The sets are already under construction. The 2015 release isn't in jeopardy yet. This just gives them less margin for error in the post production. From what some blogs have suggested, there were issues in July. The writing change was announced in October. We don't know when the actual change took place. If it was as early as July then they've had plenty of time to rework the script. If the change was in October then the margin for error is very small but doable.