Will December please hurry up and get here....

Even though I'd really like to be at the Fort this Christmas, I think I am probably going to release my ressies for this year and travel to the other coast instead.

It's been 25 years since I've been to the park that Walt built. My oldest DD is an absolute NBC nut and would love to see the Haunted Mansion under Jack Skellington's charge. I'll probably still pull the trailer, even though the campground selection is dismal. It's still cheaper than getting hotel rooms for the entire crew.

Ya know...I never thought about it, but you're probably mid-way between Disneyland & WDW!! That's kind of neat! IIRC, you're not too far away from Schlitterbahn, either. I've seen Schlitterbahn on the Travel Channel & that place looks awesome! We really enjoy Typhoon Lagoon, but I think TL pales by comparison to Schlitterbahn. Besides...I like the name "Schlitterbahn"!:laughing:

I've heard there aren't too many campground choices in Anaheim, but to go to where it all began,,, you can put up with less than FtW for a few days! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Actually, we're a little farther from Anaheim than Orlando. It's about 1400 to Anaheim and only 1100 to Orlando.

Schlitterbahn is great. Definitely a great place to cool off in the summer, especially considering the spring water that fills the majority of the park is about 75 degrees. :scared1:

Actually, we're a little farther from Anaheim than Orlando. It's about 1400 to Anaheim and only 1100 to Orlando.

Schlitterbahn is great. Definitely a great place to cool off in the summer, especially considering the spring water that fills the majority of the park is about 75 degrees. :scared1:

I'm going to DL in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of campgrounds really close. I will drop by both of them and get some pictures for you. Just looking at the website for Anaheim RV Village. It doesn't look too bad. Definitely not the Fort, but seems to be well manicured and clean.

http://www.anaheimrvvillage.com/index.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter