Will be there Sunday....

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by rwdavis2, Dec 12, 2012.

1. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

I (going solo) probably won't get to the area until 12:30-1:00. Both parks are open late. So, by using single rider lines is it reasonable to expect I can do most of California Adventure by 8:00 or so? Or will my time be better used at Disneyland?

I've been to DL before and have done pretty much everything and I expect to be back in Los Angeles early next year so It's not a now-or-never trip.

I was leaning towards CA at first but given that I'm getting there so late I'm leaning back towards DL since I will be out there again next year.

Any and all opinions and reasoning are welcome.

2. Elk Grove Chris

Elk Grove Chris DIS Veteran

I would hit CA first, like you suggest. RSR, Screamin, and Soarin all have SRL. RSR tends to breakdown quite a bit, so I would check that out to see if it is running, well worth the wait to ride it at night.

I have found that the Screamin SRL can sometimes be slower than the standby line. Given that you are going solo, I would definitely do both parks. Going solo can be a lot of fun, you get to decide on everything you do, have a great time.

3. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

Since it's only 1 day and a short one at that I'll pick one or the other.
    Thanks!

4. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

IMO, You're always better off getting there early (rope drop times). But we've had pretty good luck getting a lot more done at DCA than DL for the same time frame.

5. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

I was thinking the same thing that I would be able to do more at CA. Unfortunately my plane does not land at LAX until about 11.