Will a week on the Darkside win me over?*maybe next year

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Trip Reports' started by pas130, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:yay: no worries... Just happened to see your post and link and couldn't resist the power of the dark side .... :upsidedow

:flower3: you know I love ya ... Mama Linda too... and I can attest that she does indeed ROCK! :thumbsup2

Sheila, so the dark side may win you over too?? It's all good, the WWoHP has another "magical" castle!!

I think this wish might come thru...:flower3:

BTW, the girls looks so sweet in this pix... love the Bree pose...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

That's ME! Rockin Grumpy Grandma!

Janet you rock too!

4. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

DS4 saw me looking at CRT and said he wants to go to the castle because he can be a Prince..:cloud9: Well what is a Queen to do....book CRT for her birthday of course...(DH is hesitant...I have 177 days to get him onboard)Bree is too much isn't she???

Okay so this IS a US PTR...a pic of the Castle for Sheila...

[​IMG]

:grouphug: Yeah she does!!!

An official plan (subject to change of course :rolleyes:)

Drive down August 17th...leave 9pm

Arrive August 18th and check in at HRH :dance3:

August 19th ~My birthday!!!:cheer2:

Head over to MK and celebrate Princess style at Cinderella's Royal Table

I am giving myself a Disney day:cloud9:

August 20-25th US/IoA days :flower3:

5. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Pas, the Express! You spoil me... if I wasn't in the middle of reading A Song of Ice and Fire, I'd go back and re-read my favorite series ever. :thumbsup2

I wanna go so bad. :crazy2:

Ooooh, shall we run at the wall together with our luggage carts? :rotfl2: (Every time I'm in the U.K. I always look around when we ride the train into London; I'll see that platform one of these days. :goodvibes )

6. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Jeanette I want to Stay at PB sooooooooo bad! That picture is beautiful.

janet Bob and I started talking about US some time back, we haven't been there since the late '90's long before they had onsite Hotels and PB is calling my name.

7. sjs314

Jeanette :thumbsup2 on CRT and TY for the pictures :goodvibes

8. reelmom

reelmom DIS Veteran

Your family sounds like my family. They have decided that they would rather go to Universal. We stayed at PBH for the first time last summer. We loved it. We are doing Universal/SeaWorld in June. We are staying in a condo this time with other family but I am thinking about booking 2 rooms for one night at RPR so we can get 2 days of express pass.

9. coastgirl

coastgirl DIS Veteran

Love the pic of your kiddos in front of the Hogwart's Express. :) We will overlap--we are there Aug 10-24. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind! We are probably going to do the 'Ohana breakfast for our Disney fix--I wanted to go back to the GF for the "in laws" but Stitch cannot be denied. :stitch:

10. sjs314

:wave: Just stopping by to see if there were any changes :rotfl2:

11. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

We all just a couple of cool rockin' chicks :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Being on vacation for your bday is the best! :cool1: But I believe there is a cha-cha-change in the wind .... :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Oh, if I'm ever in London and ride the tube you can bet I'll be looking for that platform! :wizard: Miss, the books on tape are fabulous!

Sooo.... maybe a split stay?? ::yes::

You are SO right, Stitch is not to be denied! :stitch2: And why not? He's great! (the breakfast rocks too :thumbsup2).

Of course there is... we ARE talking about the Queen you know .... :worship:

12. pas130

:rotfl2: I can picture both you and Janet doing this !!!

It is such a beautiful resort Sheila :flower3:
    You're welcome:hug:

Here's a good place to announce my latest change...

CRT is out, 1900 Park Fare is in...after my very sensible BFF called me and chatting with DH who was not pleased with a MK day and CRT for $1000 :scared: we will do a Cinderella dinner at GF :flower3:...you know I could get a room at GF for a night.....:rolleyes:

LOVE the Express Pass! And the boat to the hotel of course!!

:welcome: We have had fabulous US trips..I can't help but miss WDW :confused3 The Garden rooms at RPR can be guaranteed connecting...I am an enabler..sorry. :flower3:

:upsidedow We had the best view at our Ohana's breakfast! Maybe we will meet up!!! I am also thinking the kids could have an evening at Camp Lil Rock so hubs and I can have some time alone :) DH is really counting on chillaxing...lots of pool time. I am really excited!!!! Trying to make sure we do things we've missed...water rides...restaurants. I'm always open to suggestions too!!! And :welcome: Thank you for joining the fun!!!

You know me too well Sheila :lmao:

:cool2: I do get to be "Rockstar for a day" at Hard Rock

13. OregonMomToWDW

OregonMomToWDW DIS Veteran

I am joining in. I know next to nothing about US so, I am hoping to learn something while reading. Or I will learn that changing my plans is a normal thing. I seem to change my mind weekly.

14. Grumpy Grandma

Only weekly???? Some people have been known to change while the CRO CM is in the process of making another change for them!!! :rotfl2:

15. OregonMomToWDW

OregonMomToWDW DIS Veteran

When I first started planning, I had a hard time not changing my mind constantly. I am now on a program where they help me to stick to my plans and I get one day a week for changes. I wish they had support groups like that, but I imagine they would have a hard time sticking to a date and time.;)

16. pas130

:welcome: Too many wonderful choices!!! Sometimes change is good :goodvibes

:rolleyes2

We have a whole thread!!! Hop on over! It's our support group :grouphug: I don't know that it prevents changing....:scratchin http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019855

17. Grumpy Grandma

Yes please join us on our crazy happy little thread .... after all you have received a royal invitation from our RC Queen Jeanette!

18. sjs314

jeanette 1900 Park Fare sounds like a great choice and HRH gets to visit the GF Lobby that all your girls love so much

19. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I am here! Late...very late!:headache: Tell me everything about Universal....it will be done sometime...not sure when but we will get there!::yes::

20. pas130

:hug:

It's perfect...although I am wanting to come in a night early and stay there...ugh...I am hopeless. But I need to be happy to have a Cinderella meal for Bree and visit GF with HRH (and DS4 qho loves Grand Foridan as he calls it):goodvibes

Maybe when we get the house with Melissa :grouphug:

21. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 Great cha-cha-change my friend!!! Hmm... getting a room at GF was NOT in the discussion :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

BTW...we loved the character interaction at dinner...the step sisters were so good!

AND a place!! :rotfl2: Welcome OregonMomToWDW!! :goodvibes

Hi Jen!! We loved Universal!! Specifically we went for Harry Potter and spent most of our time at IOA... when the force is too strong and you find yourself turning to the dark side :laughing: you will love it!!

::yes:: Let's build our own community!! :thumbsup2