Will a room reservation change cancel my ADR's?

najgreen

Earning My Ears
I have a cash reservation booked for a trip,but am hoping a DVC room waitlist comes through. Will my dining reservations be in jeopardy if i end up cancelling the cash reservation if my waitlist comes in? The cash reservation is at one resort, the waitlist is at another resort, and the dates could shift by a day. Thanks!

No, as long as you link the new DVC reservation to MDE before you cancel the cash reservation, you’ll be fine.

You would probably be fine even if you didn’t link the DVC reservation to MDE until after you canceled the cash reservation, but no reason to worry about it.

As far as I know, ADRs are NEVER canceled, even if you cancel your hotel reservation and stay offsite. I do recall that under the old FASTPASS system (pre Covid), Disney started canceling ride reservations when someone canceled their resort reservation without reserving a new resort, but I don’t think anything like this was ever implemented for ADRs.

No. ADRs are entirely separate from onsite room reservations.

They may seem to overlap because of the 60+10 booking advantage for those staying in a Disney resort.

Anyone can book ADRs. Where they sleep has nothing to do with ADRs. That's what catches some who aren't aware that canceling a Disney resort room reservation does not also cancel their ADRs.

Your ADRs will stay as you booked them unless you change or cancel them yourself.

Looking at the big picture though, if you do have to change resorts and loose any resort related dining, I’ve seen cancellations for all of these restaurants a day before/same day except Topolinos for our party of 5 -even during New Year’s week (bigger than 6 would probably have a harder time finding cancelled ADRs). I’ve never booked/tried Beaches n cream.

There is a walk up list for Topolinos (and most resort restaurants) but you get seated in the bar area (no character interaction but they are visible).

Last edited:
Update to above: I spoke to IT for a different issue and they did confirm there are a set number of ADRs for each onsite resort (for their guests only) but if the resort gets changed the ADR is NOT automatically cancelled.

There was one report of someone’s ADRs being automatically cancelled (Feb 2022-per conversation) and they had changed dates and resort (not trying to scam the system) and they reported it on disboards. See post 43:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...additional-dining-reservations.3899573/page-3

Haven’t seen any reports since.

Personally I wouldn’t risk it as Disney IT is notorious for implementing sudden changes without communication (we didn’t get an email on ADR priority even though we were booked for the Poly but I read about it on here).

Last edited:
Edited post above to reference the ‘ADR cancelled when resort change’ post

7E8EA3EF-F439-4877-A80F-50AE84837291.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter