Wilderness Lodge with 2 little ones?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
I've booked a trip with my two DSs for the 1st week in December (3 yo and 8 months) at the Poly. We were thinking of downsizing a bit to save $. We've stayed at the Poly and WL before, but only the Poly with my then 1 yo DS. I think I got spoiled on the size of the poly rooms! I'm nervous the WL room will be too small once the crib is in there. Has anyone stayed there with little kids? Did you find the room too cramped? Can the crib fit between the bed and the bathroom wall? Although I will try the moderates in the future once the kids are bigger, I wanted to stay with convenient transportation to MK b/c of the strollers. You can just wheel a stroller on the boat to MK, correct?

Thanks for your help!

We were just there in May with DS's 4 1/2 and 8 months.

We actually started out at the Poly and moved to the WL.

Anyhow, the crib (pack-n-play) will not fit between the bed and wall.

You can either but it between the beds (a little cramped) or what we did is put it in the empty spot next to the TV where the connecting door to the next room is. It fit perfectly here and since this spot is always 'dead' space, it worked well for us.

You can wheel a stroller on to the MK boat. If you take the small boat anywher you wil have to lift it aboard, which still should be no problem.

momofmikey,

We will be at WL in Feb with a 3 yo and 5mo baby. Just wondering if you change to WL what bed configuration will you get? Right now we have 2 queens, but I thought the queen might be too big for my 3 yo. Was considering requesting bunk bed...any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Originally posted by FloridaCat
You can wheel a stroller on to the MK boat. If you take the small boat anywher you wil have to lift it aboard, which still should be no problem.
The smaller boats you will need to fold up the stroller. They only allow you to roll the stoller on the large boat.

You may want to request bunks. Your older DS can sleep on the bottom(top will go unused) and this will give you more room for a crib in the room. We did this last year!

We stayed at WL in May with DD (3 1/2) and loved it. We had the bunk beds which worked out really well. The bottom bunk is dark but this actually helped DD fall asleep. Also, I was able to use the top bunk to lay out everyone's clothes for the next day. The MK boat is easy to manuever with an open stroller. The CR boat is smaller and therefore more difficult but still manageable. Have a fun trip.:)

This might be a stupid question, but the room config is a queen size bed and bunk beds, right?

This allows more room than 2 queens?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter