Wilderness Lodge Villas

Koneill

Earning My Ears
What is the best view to request when staying at the Lodge? Do the upper floor balconies have the high wall on them like the Wilderness Lodge rooms or are they railings? Also, we are getting two 2 bedrooms, do these rooms come side by side or do they have a studio or 1 bedroom between them?

Thank you!!

There's a variety of dedicated 2 BR units that are side by side (especially on the 5th floor), and there's also lock-off units next to other lock-off units or next to a 2 BR dedicated unit. You might get lucky and get units next to each other, but it always depends on what's available the day you arrive.

Yes, 5th floor units do have the 'enclosed' balcony, but haven't noticed if every unit does.

Forgot to add: most rooms have a woods view. If you don't want to walk very far at the end of the day, request a room near the elevator (but it's a small building and you can end up walking further in most of the other resorts). One side of the building faces the bus stop area and woods and the other side faces the lake and the pool. Very few rooms actually overlook the pool and have a view of the lake beyond, but many more could have a glimpse of the lake through the trees. First floor rooms have a small patio area outside -- no balcony. We request water view, or pool view.

Hope you enjoy it there as much as we do!

Yes, 5th floor units do have the 'enclosed' balcony, but haven't noticed if every unit does.

There are some fifth floor balconies that are not enclosed. We have had them when we were facing the lake.

I looked at the map....can you tell me where the dreaded "dumpster view" is approximately?? Thanks!

The "dumpster view" rooms are generally the last two studios on the bus stop side of the resort....rooms 2560 and 2562 (or 3560,4560, etc. depending on what floor you're on.)

I should know! I had one of these rooms once, and was offered it once at the front desk, but asked for a different room. I asked DH "Do I have a sign on my forehead that says 'Give me the dumpster room or something?'":confused3

Is it just those 2 studios that have that view? Are there any other "objectionable" views to be had? This is our first stay at DVC, and I sure don't want my husband to think we made a mistake in buying.:sad2:

Thanks so much for your help!!

The "dumpster view" rooms are generally the last two studios on the bus stop side of the resort....rooms 2560 and 2562 (or 3560,4560, etc. depending on what floor you're on.)

I should know! I had one of these rooms once, and was offered it once at the front desk, but asked for a different room. I asked DH "Do I have a sign on my forehead that says 'Give me the dumpster room or something?'":confused3

Hey I am not the only one.

got it once and the next 3 times VWL front desk kept trying....

I had hoped after I complained to DVC about them placing DVC members in the worst rooms that this was corrected.

I just immediately ask 'what else have you got.'

they had some really nice studios - so I don't know why they kept pushing these studios on DVC members.

I had hoped after I complained to DVC about them placing DVC members in the worst rooms that this was corrected.

Amen! Gosh, BWV has the best rooms for DVC members as does AKV. They need to start treating the members better than this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter