Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by DisneyNDecember, Feb 10, 2008.

1. twinklebug

twinklebug Next Life: Imagineer

In the Villa's lobby. I won't tell you exactly where it is as it'll take the fun out of it for many. Just go in and start checking out the animals sculpted in and around the lobby braces (be sure to look at the backsides too ;))

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

Can I go in the Villas?

4. twinklebug

twinklebug Next Life: Imagineer

Of course! There are 2 fantastic rooms to explore in there: the lobby and the train room, which houses 2 cars from Walt's original backyard train. Well worth a visit. One word of caution: it might give you the bug to stay villa style. :goodvibes

5. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!!! I am thinking the day we arrive (a Saturday)..will be a great day to roam around all things Wilderness Lodge! We never go to parks that day...we have a long drive to our Airport, then a looooong boring wait there and are kinda fried by about 9pm!!:rotfl: If not before! So, we should be there around noon this trip and hoping to spend the whole day just chillin' over there!!!

6. Kathy Jetson

Kathy Jetson DIS Veteran

7. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

This is what we do! And we usually get in around 6 pm or so. It's a great time to take pics for the thread. Lol.

8. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

I love this thread. We are honeymooning at the Wilderness Lodge honeymoon room with club level in June soooooooo excited :cool1:pixiedust:. I love this thread with the photos of Wilderness Lodge.

9. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Can someone help me with the following questions though, I sent an e-mail to IPO about wanting a honeymoon room in the North Wing with Magic Kingdom View. However, I did not get back an automatic response. Should I resend the e-mail? What is their e-mail address?

10. Reto

Reto Baloo's Best Buddy:-)

Some pics from my 5-night stay in early November 2012:

[​IMG]
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Swimming Pool Area by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Wilderness Mercantile Store at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Wilderness Mercantile Store at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Room #3027 by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge - View from Room #3027 by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lobby at Disney's Wilderness Lodge by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Lobby at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Firerock Geyser at Disney's Wilderness Lodge by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Beach at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Kids Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Hot Tubs at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Room #3027 at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Room #3027 at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Silver Creek Falls at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Carolwood Pacific Room at Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Carolwood Pacific Room at Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Silver Creek Springs Spa Hot Tub at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

11. jennifer in canada

jennifer in canada Mouseketeer

12. A_NY_Outlaw

A_NY_Outlaw The Tin Man Master

One from our 2009 visit:
    [​IMG]

13. kikiV

kikiV Mouseketeer

I saw a few pictures from what looked like a rooftop with views of the contemporary and MK. Where is that? and how do you access it?

14. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I think those were probably from people who were the flag family for the day.

15. KARN4U

KARN4U Earning My Ears

I was wondering if the room refurb is finished at WL? My DD (12) was wondering how long the slide was at the pool? Thanks

16. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

This is the photo thread. You will want ask that on the resort thread.

17. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

tigger137,

I've been there and didn't see the mouse, nor have I seen a picture of it before -- thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Hadn't seen these before, either, and think they're adorable. :) Is that from a refurbed room, Reto?:

18. pitahen

pitahen Earning My Ears

Love seeing all the photos!!!

19. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Thinking of upgrading from POFQ never stayed at WL, what kind of views do standard rooms have & do any if them have balconies?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

20. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

All rooms at WL have balconies, and by booking Standard View you could wind up overlooking a variety of different things. The least desirable is over a loading dock area on the North side of the resort, where there is noise from the trucks coming in, but you do have a chance at seeing MK in the distance over the trees.

There are view pictures and a location map on the large WL theread here.
    Something to remember is that by booking Standard View you will wind up with standard view or better. While upgrades are not guarranteed, they often occur because most rooms at WL are at least Woods View.

We booked Standard View both times we went, and got upgraded to a beautiful courtyard view one time and a Woods View another. Below is a pic of the Wooods View, although the rooms one floor lower are considered Standard View.

[​IMG]

21. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards