Wilderness Lodge Mess

I dont think i could stay at GF..not my cup of tea (no pun intended)..i like the look and feel of WL..even with hardhats

The WL Disney website took down the construction notice! Maybe they've changed their minds. LOL. Right.

KMORLOCk just wondering what resort you were able to transfer to, and did you have to pay more if it was an upgrade?
We were offered Boardwalk or Beach Club at &
Less than $100 difference. They were more money before.

Really not much of a fuss at all. Just told them we were disappointed and asked about compensation and/or a switch to an equivalent or better room.

What? I've heard of several people trying this and getting no where.

After seeing that some were having success getting deals, I called the 877# on the letter. I received a deal that is so good, I am hesitant to put it on these boards. It is much better than any deal posted here. I had already transferred to a different resort after the pool revamp was confirmed. I did have to spend about an hour on and off hold, but it was well worth it in the end. Just told them how disappointed I was and how shocked I was that they weren't offering better alternatives. I was very nice on the phone. Maybe that helps? They did seem to be hard selling a move to the Grand Floridian. I was already set on the resort I had already changed to, so I just stuck to my guns and told them why I wanted to stay with that room/resort. Good luck to all who are changing resorts.

Hi, no I've still not heard anything. I sent another email to guest services on Tuesday and another email to Disney UK who we booked with. Can believe how bad the communication is. Have you heard anything?

Yup this morning we phoned again and got someone who was able to access both the UK and US allocation of hotels (as far as I understand) and we've now switched to Beach Club. I can't get quite as excited as I know I should be because for us the the dream was Wilderness Lodge. I KNOW when we're there it will be fab though. Hope you get something sorted soon.

Yup this morning we phoned again and got someone who was able to access both the UK and US allocation of hotels (as far as I understand) and we've now switched to Beach Club. I can't get quite as excited as I know I should be because for us the the dream was Wilderness Lodge. I KNOW when we're there it will be fab though. Hope you get something sorted soon.

Really glad to hear you managed to get yours sorted. :cool1:
The Beach Club looks great. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Which number did you contact, the UK reservations or US? We still have not heard anything so think I need to call again!

This is fascinating. Guess I need to make a call to see about a discounted switch to another resort before their kindness dries up.

I threw my letter away...can someone give me the 877#

Forget that number. I started with that number and after several transfers I was lead to a team of amazing reps in guest services that love their job and really want to help. The number for that particular team is 407-939-7838... if you get Morgana, tell her that she has made a lot of us very happy!! Good luck!

What kind of offer do they have? I looked to see where we can switch to and it is all waaaaayyyy more money...like I could buy a car for my teenager with the difference. Except BC, which is where we stayed last year so we would like somewhere new.

Forget that number. I started with that number and after several transfers I was lead to a team of amazing reps in guest services that love their job and really want to help. The number for that particular team is 407-939-7838... if you get Morgana, tell her that she has made a lot of us very happy!! Good luck!

I called this number and the person who answered was a little rude, asked me where I got the number and that they only take transferred calls and told me to call the 407-wdisney number.
I probably did not say the right thing, just wanted to share so anyone else trying would be prepared if the same thing happened.

Do you guys think it could go on to mid dec? DH and I are nervous about our honeymoon. We have saving for quite a while and it's our first time! We booked it with free dining and I'm really excited, hopefully it will all turn out ok.

Do you guys think it could go on to mid dec? DH and I are nervous about our honeymoon. We have saving for quite a while and it's our first time! We booked it with free dining and I'm really excited, hopefully it will all turn out ok.

I would not count on it being done....we went on our honeymoon last year to WL...if you want a suggestion, I would camp out on the reservations online and try to get a GF reservation, outer building, garden view...it's the least expensive room but will cost about $500 more (that's for us for 6 nights) if you are able to book and add a room only discount. You could also snag the Contemporary for a little less now and then wait for the discount to come out. I personally don't like it there - I don't think it's romantic.

We love WL and I am very upset. I am still not 100% sure where we are staying.

Curious why you think it wouldn't be done by the scheduled date. Have you experienced, or are you aware of, any other planned nesort or pool renovations that haven't been completed within the released date range? Truly curious.

I am still torn on what to do as well... I have also posted on another WL thread.

I have booked a split stay 9/8-9/16 using DVC points @AKV and cash nights @WL. Because WL is our fave resort and we have stayed there several times, its killing me that the pool area will be under construction. We don't spend too much time @ the pool (husband & I) but because of the lay out of the resort, this refurb is gonna take away from the beauty of the resort. We usually stay at WLV with DVC so we normally just use the quite pool anyway, but still knowing that a huge area will blocked off stinks.

Im curious if the stream that starts in the lobby and runs to the pool will be functioning? i know that recently it has been under construction.

There are several reasons we love staying @WL. The beauty and feel of the WL takes our breath away. cant wait to hear the music! We love the WL beach area for nightly movies & water parade. We always have dinner @Trails End at the camp grounds which is just a boat ride away, and so is MK, which is our fave park. I also like how it is a compact resort so if you have bad weather you really don't get bothered if you wanna grab something to eat or go to bus stop, everything is covered. We seem to use QS dinning a lot, so we enjoy roaring forks for our flat bread pizzas! Enjoying the giant lobby with amazing fireplace.

Our last trip we stayed @ RS in a royal room which we loved, but loved WL more, so Im hopeing that even tho the WL will be under construction it doesn't ruin our trip.

Sorry for going on and on, but i do have a few questions. I see people talk about PIN? What is that, i have no clue?? And also people are talking about room refurbs @WL?? now that really made me uneasy. Hope someone can clue me in, and thanks for letting me ramble....

I'm checking in August 2 for 14 nights. I know the pool closure won't affect me, but I'm eager to hear from anyone going in July about the status of the waterfall. I feel bad for those going when pool is closed. I booked a Woods view room and am really glad I did now. With a 2 week trip, we definitely need a pool so if was closed for our stay I would have switched resorts.

We will actually have a car on property during our entire stay (we are either driving down or renting from airport). Would you recommend using the car for ADRs only and bus transportation for the parks?

Because you have a car I would stay at POR no doubt! I've always wanted to try WL. To me, the feature pool being down is a deal breaker. You will be doing plenty of traveling by going to theme parks and dining. I wouldn't want to travel to my pool too :(

For me switching to another resort since finding out about the pool construction has been a mess for me personally. We've never stayed at WL so when we picked the resort we were looking forward to the stay in every possible way, now I've changed my mind about where we will be staying several times and I'm sure disney travel is sick of me. I guess since we wanted to try something new by staying at WL and have stayed at the other deluxe resorts except AKL I'm just feeling let down.
In the end we are booked at AKL for 10 nights at CL as our something new ... Yet I don't have that oh I can't wait super excited feeling. I'm sure it's going to be very nice to stay on the wild side of disney world yet I feel like I'm going to be staying in Tim Buck Too and away from everything lol. We booked grand Floridian for 3 nights In a RP CL room for the end of our trip following AKL so hoping with both resorts we leave feeling like it was a something new and something loved trip.
Overall it costs us more money to switch resorts which always factors in, yet I certainly wouldn't want to have kept our courtyard view of construction for 14 days ... I guess no good time for a refurbishment and sad for everyone effected. Already planning to stay at WL next year : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter