Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness Bus Routes - shared route??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisneyAllison, May 16, 2007.

1. DisneyAllison

DisneyAllison Mouseketeer

We haven't visited WDW since 2002. At that time, WL ant FW shared a bus route. Ex: If we were going to Epcot, we'd stop at FW first, and THEN go to Epcot.

Does anyone know if this is still a "shared route"?:confused:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyAllison

DisneyAllison Mouseketeer

4. sewer

sewer Is it really Monday again!!

We were there last year, and I know they stopped there on the way back.

5. DJ Disney Kid

DJ Disney Kid Walt Disney World Vet

This is information that should be added to the DIS website. I think its great info to know if you share bus routes at a particular resort. I remember having to share a bus at WL with the POLY a couple years ago. Hopefully the WL doesn't share anything anymore. That would be ideal. :)

6. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

We've stopped @ the Poly too once:confused3 ; then on to FW & OKW...of course it was after 10:00 a.m. and the bus wasn't crowded...1st time i ever saw all patrons sitting.:thumbsup2

During busy times (when bus was full) it became an express.;)

7. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

It's possible. During our stay last February at Ft. Wilderness the Epcot bus picked us up and went directly to the park. It did stop at the Lodge on our journey "home" though.

8. CinderellaDreamer

CinderellaDreamer DIS Veteran

Just got back from the Fort, and we did sometimes share a bus, but most times did not share a bus with the WL. Seems like the Downtown Disney bus was shared. The boat was definitely shared. The buses to Epcot, MGM, and AK - I don't recall stopping there. We might have on one of them, can't remember. But I do know that we were on some buses that just went straight to the parks.

Hope this helps!

9. daandcb

daandcb Mouseketeer

When we stayed in the cabins at fort wilderness, we did share a bus (or water taxi) with the wilderness lodge to most everything... normally the lodge was picked up and dropped off first but we never really had a issue with running out of space

10. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

I have been wondering this too. If the bus makes a stop, it may make sense to take the boat to MK or CR & then hop on the monorail. Although you still need to change at the TTC, so the bus may be better. Is there a bus that goes directly from WL to TTC?

11. kufan98

kufan98 Mouseketeer

We just got back from the WL last night, and we shared buses sometimes with other resorts. It wasn't always with Fort Wilderness.

12. kufan98

kufan98 Mouseketeer

There wasn't a bus going directly to the TTC from the WL. It was quicker this last week to take the boat than the buses.

13. HappyDznyCamper

HappyDznyCamper <font color=teal>Happily camping since 1972<br><fo

I think that bus routes and sharing may change depending on demand. Which would explain why you didn't always share with the Fort.