Wilderness Lodge Free Upgrade

Diane5150

New York Disney Fans!
Hi Folks!
We just returned from WDW after a week stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
Our trip was one of those last minute decisions - "what the heck".
Disney overbooked the standard rooms and gave us a CONCIERGE room on the top floor!
Is this odd or regular practice? We took our digital camera (photos to share on their way)
but left our video camera at home. My sister-in-law purchased a 20 DVD Set on the Internet
featuring the parks and had it waiting for us when we got home! The set lacks Fantasmic!
but other than that, our entire family has enjoyed it very much and we are trying
to copy these CDs before she takes them home!
Diane

Diane5150 said:
Hi Folks!
We just returned from WDW after a week stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
Our trip was one of those last minute decisions - "what the heck".
Disney overbooked the standard rooms and gave us a CONCIERGE room on the top floor!
Is this odd or regular practice?

If you had said any other hotel I would say that was odd... but WL is known for that. They will oversell the standard rooms in order to sell out, or get more reservations, then they upgrade reservations. It makes sense from a buisness stand point if you think about it. It does not cost them anymore to clean the rooms (they are the same size) you are really just paying for the view and/or concierge services (which are not very costly to the hotel). By doing this they book more rooms, which is good for you because you get the lower rate, good for them because the room did not go empty. Plus they are going on the theory that people will remember what they had and when coming back will book the higher category from the begining in order to guarantee that they have the same experience...This is not common practice at WDW resorts, it all depends on the General Manager. I know WL does this and Coronado use to (not sure if they still do)...

I am glad you had a good trip...the Lodge is my favorite.

Wow, how awesome!!! Looking forward to your pic's. We are returning to the WL this summer and love it. A free upgrade would be incredible! How did you like concierge?

CDSTapisRouge said:
Plus they are going on the theory that people will remember what they had and when coming back will book the higher category from the begining in order to guarantee that they have the same experience...

We fall into this category. On our first visit to WL we were upgraded from woods view to concierge. My DH and kids enjoyed the expereince and our stay there so much he makes me book the CL for all our trips. (Not that I'm complaining, just have to come up with more creative ways to make the budget fit). Looking forward to our June trip. Last June the lounge wasn't quite finished. :)

We've gpotten an unasked for free upgrade at least 50% of the time at WDW. It's happened at PO-DL (from standard to preferred), Poly (garden concierge to lagoon concierge), AKL (pool view to deluxe savannah) and PO-R (to pool view).

From nonconcierge all the way up to concierge, unasked for and compoed -- wow, that's Disney magic!

Jackie

congrats!!! :Pinkbounc We got an upgrade last summer at WL from standard (AAA rate!) to concierge also!! It was AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

Oh man! I want that to be me in 4 weeks! Lucky you!

Have a magical day,
Anna

great upgrade! we've stayed at wl a few times, but never got an upgrade. maybe one of these days we'll be lucky...

We got a small upgrade on our last stay. We booked standard view and got a room overlooking a forest area and we could see the monorail, Contemporary, Train Station and Castle. Beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter