Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness Transportation Update

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

Starting Sunday, November 14th (no posted end date), Disney Transport will be testing out a new route for the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

Currently, there is a bus from the Transportation & Ticket Center to Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness. As of Sunday, this bus will no longer exist.

Instead, there will be DIRECT BUS SERVICE from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

The Fort Wilderness "Orange" bus that would previously head to Wilderness Lodge and onto the Transportation & Ticket Center will now only head to the Wilderness Lodge.

Guests who wish to go to either of these resorts will need to use the Magic Kingdom as thier transfer point.

After the Magic Kingdom clears for the night, the original route will resume.

BOAT SERVICE WILL NOT CHANGE.

And most importantly, as of Sunday, THERE WILL BE NO DISNEY RESORT BUSES OF ANY KIND AT THE TRANSPORTATION & TICKET CENTER.

It should also be noted that, as a test, this is all subject to change at any time without notice.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. rascalmom

rascalmom <font color=purple>Business trips should include a

Thanks for this news!

I must say that this will probably result in us staying at one of those resorts for a future stay. I sometimes have to use an ECV because of back problems & in the past I have always been afraid to make reservations there because of the the extra transportation step to get to MK.

Yes, the boats were available, but if I was ever forced to use the ECV and the water level wasn't right - well, it just sounded so inconvenient.

4. MAGICinMYHEART

MAGICinMYHEART <font color=FF0066<b>WL Vet</b><br><font color=gre

Tyler
    Tyler this is big news for us, I'll post your information over on the Wilderness Lodge FAQ Thread

Thank you
    MAGICinMYHEART
    Beckie.

5. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

So are the crockett and boone buses gone? Is there still direct buses to WL after HDD 9:30 show?

6. Majestic

Majestic <font color=blue>News at 11 with your anchorman Fr

Hello Tyler!

I guess the best way to the TTC from WL for the Epcot MR will then be boat to MK or CR then MR over to the TTC. Of course, from WL I believe that walking would be faster. :)

Can you tell us what we would do to get to a resort from WL now? As in, how will we catch a bus direct to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at Boma? Will we have to go to MK or DTD first then go from there? Not sure I like that either.

Just curious.

Thanks for the info and help!!

Fred

7. DisOrBust

DisOrBust <font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A

ok I thought I had it all down pat... We have an 08:00 Cindy's...are you telling me I may have the option of taking a bus directlyat 7 am vs the boatt o the contemporary then the monorail?? Do we know how early the bus is going to be running???

TIA!
    Sue

8. Lou-Ann

Lou-Ann DIS Veteran

Thank you Tyler..........

9. Majestic

If you are going from WL you don't need to take a boat to the CR then MR to MK. There should be a boat that goes direct to the MK from WL.

10. DisOrBust

DisOrBust <font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A

I thought I was told the only boat runing at 7am is the small boat to the CR. Sorry to sound so confused its our first stay at WL and I have never had to do this boat transportation.

11. Goofy4

Goofy4 DIS Veteran

Are you refering only to the MK/Monorail resorts? How would one go from the Polynessian to the Boardwalk (we have family staying at each), or Boardwalk to MK?

12. Majestic

Let me check but I though that one started early too. Sorry to confuse you. :) It's not my intent.

This is what I always thought and knew though. Transportation begins approximately 1 hour prior to the park's opening time and all transportation runs until approximately 1 hour after the parks close (check with Guest Services upon arrival for specific times). You will be dropped off close to the park entrance.

Fred

13. Majestic

Sorry ... Duplicate Post.

14. micks

micks The World is a MUCH better place when the road sig

I, for one, think this is a GREAT thing! THe boat transportation from the WL to the MK while we were there 2 weeks ago was terrible! The boats were few and far between which seemed to make the trip much longer than necessary. Glad to hear there is another option, especially for early PSs in the MK.

15. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

Thank you Tyler!!!

I will be at VWL shortly.

so for the E-nights or MVMCP - when the parks closes instead of catching the monrail then getting on the bus at the TTC - now we just go get on a bus?

16. Majestic

Or catch the boat. That's what it sounds like to me.

17. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

there was a time when the boat stopped at 10:00pm - so for E-nights (which closed at 1:00am) it was necessary to the monrail - bus route.

I now always ask the boat driver when the boat stops.

18. miclcon

miclcon Earning My Ears

OK - So how do I get from Ft. Wilderness to the Polly for Dinner? Do I have to go all the way MK first? How about if I want to get the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot? What then?

19. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

If I'm understanding correctly...to get to the Poly you could bus/boat to MK, then take the resort MR or boat to the Poly...OR you could boat to the CR, then take the resort MR to the Poly.

To MR to Epcot you would bus/boat to MK, MR to TTC, MR to Epcot...OR boat to CR, MR to TTC, MR to Epcot.

Right? :confused: I thought I understood until I started typing all that out, LOL. :crazy:

20. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

This is terrible, IMO. I really liked taking the monorail to Epcot and I don't want to transfer to the MK to the TTC. What a pain! The boat was fine to the MK in August. BTW, they were doing this in August when Fort Wilderness was closed without letting anybody know! We were waiting for the TTC bus to get to the Polynesian for our Luau while 2-3 MK busses went by. None of them stopped to let us know there was no TTC bus even though we were standing at the TTC bus stop. ***grrr **** Finally, a transportation manager who stopped by to help a guest with a wheel chair gave us a ride over in his minivan.

21. MAGICinMYHEART

MAGICinMYHEART <font color=FF0066<b>WL Vet</b><br><font color=gre

By George you've almost got it. ::yes:: The Resort Monorail will take you to the EPCOT Station at TTC you then have to get off the Resort Monorail and Transfer to the EPCOT Monorail. I think that is what you ment but just wanted to be sure everyone knows that the Resort Monorail, Express Monorail and EPCOT Monorail all load and unload in different areas.