Wilderness Lodge balconies???

jillandvaughn

Earning My Ears
We are so excited to be having our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge this March!!! Could one of you experts give me some info on the WL balconies? Please illuminate: which floors have the "solid" balcony walls? are the rooms with this type of balcony darker because of the solid wall?
Thank you oh wise ones!

Sorry I can't help you with your specific question. We had a room on the 5th floor with a balcony looking over the inner courtyard. LOVED it! So nice to sit out there at the end of the day, listen to the music, and watch the people coming and going from the boat dock. The kids liked watching the ducks and rabbits from there too. Anyway, I'm sure someone will come along soon to answer that for you. If not, check out this site: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/ I'm sure it has all the info you're looking for and more. Have a great trip!

Kathy

We were on the first floor and our room was halfway buried underground. It was SO dark. Make sure you don't get a room on the first floor. It was awful.

Just to be different, we had first floor room with a patio and loved it! We were about 20 steps from Roaring Forks going left out of the room, and about 10 steps away from the exit door to the pool and boat dock turning right, super location for us and we did not find the room too dark. If we needed light we would head for the patio, everyone has different opinions!

I believe the 6th floor and parts of the 5th floor have the solid balcony walls. I don't know if it makes the room darker, but I do know that you have to stand to see anything off your balcony. You cannot sit and enjoy the view with this kind of balcony.

willeve said:
Just to be different, we had first floor room with a patio and loved it! We were about 20 steps from Roaring Forks going left out of the room, and about 10 steps away from the exit door to the pool and boat dock turning right, super location for us and we did not find the room too dark. If we needed light we would head for the patio, everyone has different opinions![/QUOTE
Think we stayed on the same hall! We had a patio wood view with bunk beds and loved it! easy access to everything never had to wait on an elevator or take the stairs, it was quiet and it was like we had our own private entrance to the lodge

I had one like this in a pool view room at AKL. It was awful, and they were kind enough to move us to a different room. We don't get to stay deluxe most of the time, and if we do, we like to sit and chill - and people watch. Not wall watch :rotfl:.

I actually prefer the enclosed balcony rooms at WL. In fact, for my stay earlier this month, I specifically requested an enclosed balcony. I can sit out on the balcony and read and relax and not feel like I'm on display. When I want to see out, I just stand up. I don't notice that the room is darker with the enclosed balcony than the open one.

The enclosed balconies are on the top floor so they are on the 7th floor club level, and the 6th floor at the far end of each wing. So you could request an open balcony on a mid-level floor and you should be OK. When I did online check in, it allowed me to request specific floors and I requested highest floor since I already had my enclosed balcony request on the reservation.

We had one of the solid wall balconies on the upper floor of north wing near the elevator that goes down to Roaring Forks.

Hated it. It did make the room dark, as less light comes in. And it wasn't enjoyable sitting in the morning with my coffee looking at a wall:(. I would have gone down to ask for a different room, but one of my daughters liked it :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter