Wilderness Lodge 8/21 through 8/27

blondemom

Mouseketeer
Hi, all. Just back from the WL. It was our first time there (honeymoon was at Key West resort, and two times at the Polynesian). I LOVED the Wilderness Lodge. From the second I walked in, I knew we chose the right resort. There was one person ahead of me at check-in (we arrived at 9:30 a.m.) We booked a standard room a year ago with a request for bunk beds, and were put in a Courtyard room with bunkbeds for the kids (7 and 2), views of the pool, the fireworks, and the electrical water pagent. We were in room 6145. We received towel animals every day. I found the room size to be perfectly fine for our family of four. We spent a good deal of time in the room as my "baby" napped a few days and just wanted to be out of the sun. My older son and husband swam during the afternoons and every evening. They loved it. They didn't feel that it was too small or crowded. Whispering Canyon Cafe was awesome. I thought the food was very good, and the service was excellent. My poor 7-year old needed ketchup for his fries, though! Roaring Forks was awesome, too. We had no complaints at all. We never had a line for the refillable mugs or for food, etc. We hit it just right with the transportation, and we never waited more than five minutes for a bus or a boat. As this was a trip at a relaxed pace, we weren't in any hurry at all. We all agreed that for future trips, we will stay at the Wilderness Lodge again. It was just right for our family.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Lisa
:flower:

Thanks for sharing. We love the WL!! Great views on the courtyard side?? did you face the lake or the "river"??

I love WL, too. :goodvibes I'm glad you had a great time!

When we looked out our window to the right-hand side, we saw Bay Lake. We could see the boats coming in to the dock. From our balcony, we could look up and see the fireworks every night. From the lobby, we were in the right wing of the lodge. It was awesome!

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Our family was at the lodge from 08/13 to 08/22. We, too, are from Bergen County. It would have been nice to run into you.

4lodgelovers: I'm such an infrequent visitor on this board! I wish I would have known sooner that there was a way to meet up and say hi to other Dis'ers!!! It would have been great to meet you!!! Let's plan another trip to the Lodge!!!

:flower:

Here's another Bergenite that loves the Lodge! As you can see from my siggie...I always return! It is like home to us!
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Did you know that WL is notorious for room upgrades!?

I guess people from Bergen County just love Wilderness Lodge! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter