Wild Animal Park

toandjo

Mouseketeer
:confused3 Is it worth the trip for a day to see this? We have already been to Sea World, Knotts and Universal. Kids ages 11 and 8. Also is there a tour bus that goes here like the rest? Just thinking with the crowds on a Sat to do something else daytime and see Fantasmic at night. If not worth it we will just hang at the motel pool for most of the day.

Your kids are the perfect age for this. It is very neat!!! I would definitely recommend it if you have the time in your schedule. However if you are going in July thru Sept it gets HOT out there (prob 15-20 degrees hotter than Anaheim).

It's a long trip from Anaheim though, close to 2 hours. Not sure about a tour bus. We always get there at opening, it's much cooler and the animals are more active. Might be easier and more flexible to rent a car for the day. Good luck!

Is it worth it? That depends on how much your family likes animals I think. I love the WAP and spend a lot of time there.

Like Juliana said, it is pretty far from Anaheim, and not even right off the freeway like so many other SoCal attractions. That adds to its appeal IMO, but I don't know that a 4-hour round trip, plus hours of strenuous walking is going to be a relaxing day for you.

The WAP is VERY hilly and to see everything, you really need to explore the steep paths.

There are not many other places you will be able to see baby elephants, baby giraffes, baby rhinos, etc. in an "open" setting like at the WAP! I highly recommend it and consider it an amazing experience, but it's not going to be as relaxing as a day at the pool. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter