• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wifi use and MDE

nadira36

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for reviews of anyone who's used the MDE app with the onsite free wifi. How easy/hard was it to connect to the wifi? Did you have problems with the app loading or timing out during use? What device/model did you use?

In the past we've tried using our iPod touch but found the wifi spotty at best and have had zero success using the app during our park day(s). However, now that FP+ is rolled out across the parks with no turning back, it looks like we may want something with us.

Is there a device that is definitely not going to work with the wifi? Is the app usable on android?

(we don't even own a smart phone of any type so are considering buying one specifically for this trip, we have several apple products already, but are not attached to any particular platform. I just want what'll allow my to modify my FP+ selections as much as possible if needed.)

Hi! We just returned on March 24th. I have an IPhone 5 with Verizon. I had my phone set up to automatically join the wifi at the parks and resort. I would say 95% of the time we had great service. Inside buildings obviously we had some issues of it taking forever to connect to MDE but most of the time it worked like I had hoped. We were able to change fast passes on the go when we needed to as well as add dining reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

On our recent trip my sister in PA had spotty reception at best with her iPhone and her hubby had better luck with his Nexus 4 where I had strong connection everywhere on my Blackberry Z30 and the android MDE app will run on all Blackberry 10 devices. The radio and wifi in the Z30 actually searches out the strongest signal and locks onto it and stays connected. I can drive to the end of my street and have wifi connection still on my device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter