Wifi in ports, Fantasy Western

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by eetravel, Jan 4, 2013.

1. eetravel

eetravel Earning My Ears

Anybody know of good places close to the ship to get wifi in costa maya or cozumel? Just looking for someplace to check email really quick if possible.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. janda

janda Earning My Ears

Would like to know this also. Thx!

4. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

I asked this question last week, and here are some of the answers I got:

Cozumel- Starbucks near the pier
    Grand Cayman- Margaritaville near the tender area, also a public library only a block away from the tender area (near Milano Diamonds, corner of Edward & Fort)
    Costa Maya- Maya Chan beach (this is a DIY excursion that I booked based on great reviews here)

I am excited to try these out for Skype on my Western in 2 weeks, but if anyone else has additional places to share, please do, I'd love some "back ups" for my list!

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Starbucks--buy anything. The access code is printed on the receipt. It is right at the pier in Cozumel.

6. flyersfan1129

flyersfan1129 Mouseketeer

In Grand Cayman, there is a candy store right near the pier that has OPEN wifi, no code needed. They do have funky flavored gummy bears, which my husband and son bought tons of, while I taunted my co-workers with pictures on Facebook. In Costa Maya, we could not find any free wifi.

7. DizMagic

DizMagic Mouseketeer

To avoid nasty international roaming charges, If I want to access the free wi-fi in the Western Caribbean ports, should my phone be on airplane mode? Will that alone get me out of the call charges?

8. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

Yes. You go to airplane mode first to turn off all data/roaming/calling capability, then manually go to turn wifi back on so you can tap into that.

9. Maverick Mike

Maverick Mike DIS Veteran

That candy store is fun! Totally forgot about it! Going to have to swing by there on our cruise to check my emails..

Thanks for the reminder!