1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Wife just found out she is PREGNANT! Should I adjust any of my ADR'S?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by troyseyfert, Apr 24, 2013.

1. corneredbycorn

corneredbycorn Mouseketeer

Like the others have said, keep them until you know if/what she might have an aversion to and then adjust accordingly.

I had an aversion to milk. I loved milk except when I was pregnant, especially early in the pregnancy (by the end I could finally have it with cereal). Just the thought of it made me want to hurl and that's something that doesn't really have a strong taste or smell!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KateDrake

KateDrake DIS Veteran

As a preggo myself, I thought I'd chime in!

The most recent recommendations for pregnant women regarding shellfish are that it's fine in moderation. That means one feast of crab legs, shrimp and lobster for one night is not going to be a problem. My doctor actually recommends eating fish a couple of times a week, because the fish oil really helps with baby's brain and optic nerve development! So if it's safety you are concerned about, I think you can keep your ADRs with no trouble!

Now, as a word of caution, seafood can have a big gag factor for pregnant gals. I can eat fish like salmon or halibut just fine, but anything that is super fishy smelling or tasting is too much for me. And shellfish can be kind of iffy. I normally like things like shrimp and scallops, but haven't been a big fan this pregnancy. In fact, I ate scallops once during my only other pregnancy with DD4, and the taste made me gag :( I've tried eating them since, because I used to love them, but I seem to have some residual memory, and they still make me feel nauseous! Which is super sad. So maybe try eating shellfish at home or at a local restaurant first, and if it doesn't sit well, you can make an alternate ADR.

Hope that helps! Congrats on the pregnancy, you guys are going to have even more fun at Disney when you can take your little one! It is just magical!

4. Sunnywho

Sunnywho DIS Veteran

The nausea is often gone by the end of the first trimester. I remember early on the smell of coffee would make me gag! But later no problems. So don't rush to cancel reservations that might turn out to be ok.

5. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Gosh I wish this was true for me! 21 weeks now and I still throw up at least 4 days a week, every week. If not more!

6. ohnowewontgo

ohnowewontgo Disney here We Come

I'm 3 months, and will be 6.5 months by the time our Disney vacation rolls around this year. Congrats on the little one. I went to the doc two weeks ago and was given a giant list of things not to eat. I would ask her doctor instead of going by suggestions given on here. (No offense disers) I have been told no lunch meat, no hot dogs unless they're wayyyy cooked, no shellfish, no bottom feeders, no shark, swordfish, etc. Most fish are okay, as long as they're low in mercury, and definitely no tuna. No soft cheeses, no already prepared salads (chicken salad, lobster salad, crab salad.) But, don't take what my doctor said....have her ask her own.

7. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

That is what I was told for both my pregnancies. They tweak the list a bit but I know I was cautioned on all seafood.