Wife is in hospital and we leave in 11 days!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by MrEVILdrPorkchop2u, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u DIS Veteran

Normally I don't post this kind of stuff on here, but right now I need some good vibes for my wife. Sunday, right after Thanksgiving, DW started losing her voice and not feeling great. By that Monday afternoon, she started feeling even worse. Tuesday she got up for work and realized no way. Wed she took herself to Urgent Care and they prescribed Dymista which is some new nasal spray. Flu results were negative. She wasn't allowed back at school until what would have been today. By Friday, she was feeling up to decorating the house for Christmas while I was at work. I took this as a good sign. Saturday morning around 2, DW woke up feeling awful. As she said, death warmed over. Again flu symptoms. Her fever hit well over 102. By mid morning we decided we would go to te ER. Again, took another flu test and it was negative. Also did a chest x-ray and that too was negative. They admitted her. She has a severe upper resp. Infection that has basically taken over. Thr DR said that this year they have seen viral infections like they never had before. We leave next Friday. I just need some extra good vibes that my DW feels better. She is my world.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mouseketeer_mom

mouseketeer_mom DIS Veteran

Prayers sent!

4. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

Thank you so very much!

5. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Prayers for your DW to have a quick recovery.

Did they check for pneumonia? I had a good friend that had it and hit all of a sudden. Spent 3 days in the hospital and is a month into 6 months of antibiotics to clear it completely. He said it was something new also that was difficult to diagnose and thus got really bad. Just a thought.

Just remember Disney is a vacation. Hopefully they will find what is causing it and get it treated asap.

6. PrincessNancy96

PrincessNancy96 Scrapbook Mom Moderator

Prayers to your DW that they have her on the mend quickly.. :flower2:

7. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

They did check her for that when we got to the ER. X-ray came back negative. I think they were expecting it to be. Hoping as today progresses that she will begin to start feeling human again.

8. Jake06

Jake06 Mouseketeer

Praying for a quick recovery and a wonderful trip!

9. dmdelight

dmdelight Mouseketeer

hope your dw recovers soon, and your trip goes ahead as planned.
    :grouphug:

10. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Things have gotten a bit worse. Not long after I got to the hospital mid morning, our school called to say that DD 12 was running a high fever and not feeling well. My DW works at this same school. Lets just say I had one of those you have got to be kidding moments! Because of the circumstances, DW's boss allowed our senior to leave school and take care of our DD. Normally this wouldn't be an option, but we were desperate. We live out of state from our family and the only other option was to leave DW alone. Soooooo lets just say I am praying things start to turn around! So again, thank you for prayers!

11. Leajess99

Leajess99 DIS Veteran

Prayers for your family. Some of the viruses going are around are really rough. I hope they get your wife and now your daughter taken care of and feeling better.

12. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

Gosh how awful and right before vacation too!

Prayers for your entire family and hopefully they can recover quickly :goodvibes

13. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

Update- DW was feeling a tiny bit better this evening and temp has come way down which is a good sign. Still on about 8 different things but at least we are starting to see a difference. I will say DW had a couple of her best friends come visit today. They know what a Disney freak she is. They bought her a Minnie Mouse Snuggie!!! First time I have seen my DW happy in many days! Also, DD's temp has broken and I am thankful for that. If she is not feeling well in the morning DW's BF has offered to take the day off so she can stay home and I can come to the hospital with my daughter. Sorry very thankful!

14. Fjobe

Fjobe DIS Veteran

I hope your wife and daughter both get well soon!

15. 4fordisneyworld

4fordisneyworld Mouseketeer

We will be praying this will all be in your past very soon and you guys will be celebrating your family together in Disney very soon!!! Praying you and your older DD don't get sick as well.
    :grouphug:

16. sherriepaul

sherriepaul Earning My Ears

Hope she feels better soon and you both can enjoy the magic of Disney without worry!

17. disney is my life

disney is my life DIS Veteran

Praying for you guys! I know exactly how you feel though! March 2011 we were supposed to leave for Florida for our first trip to the world on the 8th. About a week before my mom became very sick and also ended up in the hospital with what turned out to be pneumonia. I hope your wife feels better soon :goodvibes

18. Lizzybean

Lizzybean Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry! About a week before thanksgiving I started feeling not so hot. It was a sinus/upper respiratory issue and I just tried to take it easy, take medicine etc. Well by Thanksgiving day I felt so horrible DH took me to the urgent care and I had developed severe strep throat. By that Sunday all of the kids and DH had it too. The doctors said the viral infections going around this season were really bad. It took me awhile to get better. I'm on a 2nd round of antibiotics and starting to feel normal again but the kids and DH were much better within 48 hours.

Anyway--I feel your pain! Sending lots of good thoughts & energy to your entire family and I hope DW mends quickly.

19. Brook730

Brook730 Mouseketeer

Aww I'm sorry they are both sick. I hope they get better fast and you all can have an awesome time on your vacation.:grouphug:

20. ckquan

ckquan MouseheadSF

Sending prayers and positive thoughts. Hope your wife and daughter gets well soon!

21. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

So sorry you all ended up sick but very glad it sounds like you are on the road to recovery!