wide feet, comfortable shoes and WDW

Duckfan

constant begger of pins, medium size fish too far
I am going during the hot months, and lets face it, there is a lot of walking involved in a Disney trip. I am looking for tips on shoes that might be comfortable walking but not walking shoes. Any ideas on say sandals or something like that, something that will not kill my feet at the end of a long walking day?

I switched off between a pair of Addidas "soccer" sandals and a pair of broken in leather Grasshopper "walking sneakers."

I'd been wearing the soccer sandals all summer so my feet were used to wearing them. And I didn't have to worry about them getting wet.

Bottom line ... wear shoes that are comfortably broken in.

I love my Merrill sport sandals. They feel like running shoes but they keep your feet cool.

I also have very wide feet. Before our last trip I broke down and spent the money on a pair of Birkenstock sandals. I wore them before the trip to break them in and they were great! I have since bought several more pairs in different styles. I never had any problems with sore feet, tired legs, blisters, etc. If possible, go to a Birkenstock store to get your first pair so you are sure to be fitted properly. After you know what size you wear, you can sometimes get good deals on line!

I love my Teva flip flops - even wore them one summer insulating our new home (we built ourselves). They were $20 but worth every penny. Recently wore them on a day trip to Xcaret in Mexico (ecopark with lots of walking) with no blisters.
As someone mentioned above, start wearing them around the house months in advance, increasing the wear time, and you should be fine with whatever you go with.

Teva flip flops are certainly worth the money, and they last for a good length of time. I wear them in the parks all the time, but the Birkenstocks are also really comfy but since they are pricey I worry about getting the leather on mine wet.

I also have wide feet and I love the SAS sandals. I've been wearing them exclusively for the last 6 years or more. Pricey, but well worth it in comfort!

I also have wide feet (I swear by New Balance sneakers!!!)...we wnet to wdw and Universal for 10 days last year in May and I wore a pair of North Face Sandals from the EMS store (its a mall chain store so there should be one nearby u if u choose to check these out)...they were $35 and worth every penny! not a inkling of a blister, they dried very quickly and the back strap is fully removable so u can wear them as flip flops....i totally trashed them last summer (we camp and i even hiked a bit in them!) and am waiting for this year's to hit the store so i can buy a new pair! couldn't imagine going to wdw w/o them!!

I have wide feet and swear by Reebok Classic sneakers, the only sneaker that feels right and never gives me a blister...:)

Wide feet here, too. I just bought a pair of Birkenstocks last weekend. I like that the upper is adjustable for my wider foot. I also bought a pair of Skechers running shoes, but that was because they were cute. We leave in about 3 months and I'm already wearing them for walks so I can break them in.

I highly recommend my Ecco Receptor sandals I went through wet and dry conditions for the last year at WDW and DL with no blisters. I can't say enough about them.

They are adustable, so they will fit any feet. I have gotten so many comments from women on them. Just this week on 3 different occasions women asked where I had purchased these. I completely believe in Ecco shoes and have also heard raves about Dansko and Mephisto.

MandaMom

I also have wide feet and have foung that Teva's work very well for me. Every year we stay on property for 8 days and I have found that my Teva's do not promote blisters and my feet do not start to hurt until the second to the last day. And the hurt is not unmanagable. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I walked a 60 mile Avon Breast Cancer Walk in a pair of Chaco's...designed like Teva's. I wear Birkie's year round, have a couple of pair of Teva's and oddles of walking athletic shoes...but after training (walked over 500 miles), I wouldn't trade my Chaco's for any of these. Since the 60 mile walk, I've wore them to Disney, on Grand Cayman, Naples, all summer along Lake Michigan...they allow your feet to swell, you can adjust the straps, they dry quickly...etc. No blisters......let your feet breathe...don't wear sneakers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter