Why was Marie moved from Epcot to MK

sunshine1

Viva Marie!
Just wondering.

I am not complaining as it was great to finally meet Marie at MK.

It just seems a bit strange to me to move her from France in Epcot to Town Square in MK.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

Sure don't know, but Kennythepirate.com is my go-to source for anything character related. Maybe he has info on his site?

Just wondering.

It just seems a bit strange to me to move her from France in Epcot to Town Square in MK.

Hasn't she been in MK for quite some time? We saw her there in Jan 2014.

Yea she's been in MK for quite some time. We always see her there

Gah don't get me started lol. Tried to find Marie last Dec...three separate character handlers in MK assured us she was in Epcot that day...schlepped youngest two kids to Epcot because dd really really wanted to meet her. Naturally character handlers in Epcot insisted she wasn't there and has NEVER been there--and they found it odd that multiple people had shown up looking for her in France that day...

Just wondering.

She's been in MK for quite some time now. She appears after Minnie does her opening sets. She was moved when a key person who loves her moved from Epcot to Magic Kingdom

Fall 2012 saw a couple of character changes, both Marie & Beast left Epcot and moved to Magic Kingdom. It was during this time Epcot was preparing for an updated Character Spot and Magic Kingdom was opening up the newly expanded Fantasyland.

She's been in MK for quite some time now. She appears after Minnie does her opening sets. She was moved when a key person who loves her moved from Epcot to Magic Kingdom

And here I thought it was because she had finally gotten her green card.

Oddly enough, Marie did return to doing meet and greets briefly at the France Pavilion in January 2015 during the winter season.
FullSizeRender4.jpg

Just wondering.

I also find her doing meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom fitting since Main Street USA takes place during the 1900's and 1920's and The Aristocats took place in 1910. But I do wish she could be meetable at both parks. I also heard her two brothers Toulouse and Berlioz are found in Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Paris. If those two ever became meetable at WDW I would picture that being set at the France Pavilion. Marie looks so lonely without the two.

Ahh i see. Thanks Kenny. Love ya website. Stay kool :-)
I wish Marie would come out more often at Disneyland. She hasn't been seen since the "Dancing With Disney" event at DCA from 2012-2013. And she had alot of fun with guests especially children.

Personally, I still don't get why she meets alone. She is the most annoying of the Duchess' kittens, but I love the boys! Give me Toulouse any day!

We love Marie. She was one of our "must do" attractions when we visited the MK this summer. We've been spending most of our Disney time at DLR lately, so wanted to make sure we didn't miss her when we had the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter