Why the Heck Did They Get Rid of ___?!

I really miss the people mover, electrical parade, carousel of progress and the motor boats as well!! Great memories of all of them!

Being a local and visiting often they are so many rides and attractions that I miss. The one I miss most is probably Country Bear Jamboree. I have great memories of that attraction with my parents when we visited Disneyland often. Luckily they have this attraction at WDW so I get to visit every year or so which brings back a flood of memories. That attraction will make me tear up each time because I'm always reminded of my parents and how much I miss those days.

I loved Casa Mexicana, It was my families first must do restaurant! Rancho Del Zocalo is just ok imo, the decor is better but the food is only so-so by comparison

This is one for me too. The Plato Ranchero. Loved it. And listening to the old mine train come in. " If there's a bobcat setting next to you."

Were to begin. I miss all you have said, people mover, electric parade, rocket rods and festival of fools. But I think the two things I miss the most are the private enterance for paradise pier guest, and the old water area at Disneyland hotel, where you could paddle boat and drive a remote control boat around.

I may be the only one but what I hate the most of all the changes, is dtd. We go several times a year, next week for 8 days. And in 8 days I don't think we will spend 1 hour in DtD, even walking thru it. Sorry nothing there that interests me.i just don't like all that space wasted on nothing that interests me. I wish they had never sold the land at garden walk, built dtd over there with shuttles, and built two more lands inside where dtd is. But that's me, I don't go to shop and I use Disney resturaunts when there, I can go to rainforest here, so nothing specials about dinner in dtd, more rides would be nice.

Two agrees and one disagree. I'll agree with Country Bears and Peoplemover. I remember these rides particularly well from my childhood, going there with my parents. The Bears were always funny - especially Big Al. And my strongest memory from my childhood visits was going on PeopleMover, going through the "Tron Room", and feeling the wind of the light cycles as they raced by. Both of these are at WDW, so I'm glad I've been able to still experience these, but DL needs to at least bring back PeopleMover.

As for Electrical Parade, I'm glad Disney moved on. While the music was very cool in the 1980s, it became irritating to me as I grew older. Plus, once you saw SpectroMagic at WDW, you realize how inferior MSEP really was. Hoping that Paint the Night brings back a state-of-the-art nightime parade.

I enjoyed the ELP but did get tired of it after a while. Like so many other posters here, I look forward to the Paint the Night parade. My favorites that are no longer at Disneyland would be – The Country Bear Jamboree, America Sings, the Skyway to Fantasyland and the People Mover. I also greatly lament the loss of the Court of Angels.

Tahitian Terrace! I *still* can't believe they got rid of it! I was lucky enough to experience it many times; it was always a full house whenever I went, so I am quite puzzled as to why it was removed. I know they put Aladdin's Oasis in its place, but now that venue is just used for the Fantasmic! takeaway dinners (as far as I know)...wish it could be returned to its former glory. I'd love to be able to go there again...

Country Bear Jamboree for me. One of my favorite memories of my first trip to DL in 1979 with my grandfather was Big Al!

I completely forgot about Tahitian Terrace. I still have my shell necklaces from the many meals my family ate there. I was 8 or 9 when it closed and even though I loved Aladdin, I never enjoyed the meal and show offered as much.

Cool thread. :)

Since this isn't about Disney planning, I'm going to go ahead & move it to our Community Board.

For me it was the Billies. It was just part of our itinerary at the beginning of one of our rare visits to get to the park around 10:30 and then take in the first show of Billy Hill. It made us feel like we were immersed in Disney. The Laughing stock just doesn't do it for us and now we avoid it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter