Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation

Kelsie's my hero.

As much as I treasure going to WDW and DL with DW (by ourselves), I too wouldn't trade any of the WDW vacations with DD (and DFSS, long story there). Yes, some of the early ones were during hot weather, Cinderella's Castle was a funky shade of pink, and we chased a lot of characters for autographs. I wound't change a thing, except for the attractions that are no longer there....

Right on! :)
We just got to take out daughter on her very first trip (at around 14 mos.) It was a dream come true for me after spending my childhood going once a year I got to take MY family. It had actually been rough the last few years going as an adult WITHOUT any children and seeing those little smiling happy faces and wishing I had my own little person to giggle and have eyes full of wonder. Our daugher LOVED it! Her only meltdowns were when we took her AWAY from characters (minor crying and arms reached out begging to go back to "ickey"), a few nights where she had to get used to sleeping in a new environment, and for some reason on the monorail (apparently she's not into public transport. lol)

So many smiles, so many giggles, eyes wide open taking everything in...I wouldn't trade it for the world! Did we miss some of the roller coasters...yeah, but we didn't care. Plus I got to add a character meal, and big old family photos with Mickey, every little kid ride in the park and things I felt a little silly doing before as just a grownup. She may not remember the trip, but we know she learned so much and all that excitement and detail provided great stimulation for her little growing brain. I can't think of any other travel destination in the world where there were so many activities designed to be done with every member of the family, especially including infants and toddlers. (Not to mention she got to do it all FREE since she was under 3!)

Eh...I don't think that article really merited a response. The author clearly states that he doesn't yet have kids and admits he may change his mind when and if he does have kids. And, while I would never say my recent trip to WDW with extended family was "ruined" by the kids, I will admit to being very, very happy that DH and I chose to stay at a different resort than the rest of the family and to take some "alone time" each day. And I am very much looking forward to our short trip coming up in November where it will be just the two of us. Of course, if we had our own kids we would take them to Disney (though most likely not until they were potty trained and old enough to walk around on their own) but you certainly don't need kids to enjoy a vacation at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter