Why she runs...... *update, page 3*

Just to let you know that song is great. I sit here listening to it, self checking as it reminded me that it is important to do. I realise this thread is old so I hope all is still well in your family.

Kind Regards Kirsten

Just to let you know that song is great. I sit here listening to it, self checking as it reminded me that it is important to do. I realise this thread is old so I hope all is still well in your family.

Kind Regards Kirsten
It sure is important, Kirsten, and be sure to do continue to do so.

The thread is old (yikes, 3 years, hard to believe, seems like I just posted this) but all is still well here, now ten years.--(current update here). :cloud9: Thank you for the good wishes, my best to you also.

It's October again!!!! Please do get checked, this year, every year. :hug:

4 years now since I originally posted this, and Marie is still running, ELEVEN years now!!

Have not been to this board in a long time. Today just browsing and thougt about Sylvia. I remember all our conversations. Where did all the time go?
The song was a sad but brought back many memories, glad I stopped by.
Thanks Dan.

I posted this thread back in October, 2005. It then was a reminder that October is annually designated as Breast Cancer Awareness month. While we still have a few days left in this October of 2018, I thought it good to maybe bump this again. I have bumped it a few times over the past 13 years. It can maybe serve as a good reminder to do those things to some day beat the beast. Make sure to get those mammograms, and do those self exams, so very important.

I also took the opportunity back then in 2005 to say that my wife, Marie (Lady M here on the dis), was then a 7 year Stage III breast cancer survivor. Marie had her last radiation treatment back in September, 1998, following surgery and a several months long course of chemo. It's great to say that Marie is now a 20 year survivor.

And as I said in the OP, maybe stop by the DIS Breast Cancer Survivors - GAGWTA! thread, many great people there.

Last edited:
As always Dan, thanks for the reminder. How wonderful that Marie has had 20 years (so far) as a survivor!!

I posted this thread back in October, 2005. It then was a reminder that October is annually designated as Breast Cancer Awareness month. While we still have a few days left in this October of 2018, I thought it good to maybe bump this again. I have bumped it a few times over the past 13 years. It can maybe serve as a good reminder to do those things to some day beat the beast. Make sure to get those mammograms, and do those self exams, so very important.

I also took the opportunity back then in 2005 to say that my wife, Marie (Lady M here on the dis), was then a 7 year Stage III breast cancer survivor. Marie had her last radiation treat back in September, 1998, following surgery and a several months long course of chemo. It's great to say that Marie is now a 20 year survivor.

And as I said in the OP, maybe stop by the DIS Breast Cancer Survivors - GAGWTA! thread, many great people there.
20 years, Wow! Lady M's case always gave me hope. Thanks for sharing her with us, Dan!

My Mom lost a breast to breast cancer when she was 65 and this spring she turned 88 and has been cancer free for a very long time, too. Glad Maria can be in that "cancer free" group, Dan. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!