Why OKW really IS an Epcot resort!

Excuse this dumb question, but I've never been to any WDW water parks...is that Typhoon Lagoon just south of OKW?

Perhaps they could install the old skyway ride from OKW to Epcot so you could ride the cable cars directly over the highway and into the park, just like a ski lift.

Its a great picture, thanks.

from the front entrance of OKW to the parking lot at Epcot 1 1/2miles driving - from the front entrance of BC (I forgot to do the miles when I was at BWV) it is 4 miles (?) to the parking lot at Epcot.

okay most people won't drive when they are the BCV or BWV - but hey that walk is a long way when you have an animal in the kennel and you need to visit 3 to 5 times per day.

I tried the kennel at the Studios - no where to walk him that was quiet.

Originally posted by DeeP
Sure it is. :rolleyes:
I kept telling myself this too the last time I stayed at OKW and kept trying to find the International Gateway path to enter Epcot but for some reason the only pathway I could find kept taking me either to a golf course or DTD!!!!!! :confused:
Thanks for checking in DeeP!!!
This tongue in cheek thread was posted just for you.:jester:

For the person who had trouble finding anything other than MK...
If you scroll down just under 2/3 of the way and over about 2/3 of the way, you will see both Epcot and OKW.

I too was amazed at how much open space there was. This photo is obviously a couple years old, because not only is BCV not on it, but you can see a circular cleared area in FW where Horizons was torn down, and Mission Space is now.

Originally posted by dianeschlicht
Thanks for checking in DeeP!!!
This tongue in cheek thread was posted just for you.:jester:
Call me a doubting Thomas, but I do not believe this. If I was a betting person, I would wager that this thread was not a tongue in cheek thread at all when it was posted. I think it did not get the response you thought it would and now it's intent is being changed to a supposedly tongue in cheek post, but please don't get me involved in it!

Originally posted by DeeP
Call me a doubting Thomas, but I do not believe this. If I was a betting person, I would wager that this thread was not a tongue in cheek thread at all when it was posted. I think it did not get the response you thought it would and now it's intent is being changed to a supposedly tongue in cheek post, but please don't get me involved in it!
Believe what you want to, but it is the truth!!!! Life is too short to get bent out of shape by trivial matters. I really did post this tongue in cheek to get a "serious" response from you. Even though my health has been bad all summer, I do like to have SOME fun!:jester: You will note the big grinning guy at the start of the thread. That should have been the first clue that it was in jest. Have a good day, Dee, and smile a little.:)

Check out the very cool hidden Mickey just below what looks like the TTC. That triangle-oval is the speedway, right. Is that a Mickey-shaped pond in the center of it?

Originally posted by mittelst
Check out the very cool hidden Mickey just below what looks like the TTC. That triangle-oval is the speedway, right. Is that a Mickey-shaped pond in the center of it?
Yeah, I noticed that too! Is the speedway still there? I don't think they do races any more, but I think they still do the Richard Petty experience. We got a DVC discount on that a couple years ago, and DH loved it! He didn't mention the Mickey, so it must not be as obvious from the track itself.

Anyone know what the little cluster of buildings is near the upper left hand corner of the pic? You can also see just how much area is there to develop for SSR too. I noticed when we were there in August that the tree houses are still standing. Not sure they are using them though. I wonder if this will be added to SSR too.

Actually, OKW WAS first classified as an "Epcot Area Resort". You drove into WDW and followed the signs to the "Epcot Area Resorts", the big signs that listed the resorts had OKW on the "Epcot Area Resorts" class.

Sorry Deep.

Here I thought I was being silly with this post, and now Richyams has confirmed that it really WAS listed as an Epcot resort at first!:eek:

Originally posted by dianeschlicht
Anyone know what the little cluster of buildings is near the upper left hand corner of the pic?
If you mean that compound that's on the road that runs west from the MK, that's the new Walt Disney World Detention Facility. Scheduled to open in Spring of 2004, it is where Disney Security will house all illegal pool-hoppers, out-of-area smokers, parade route spot-stealers, line-cutters, stroller-stealers and restroom-defilers. Phase II, scheduled to begin construction next fall, will be designed to handle large groups, such as loud cheerleader camps, unruly Pop Warner Football teams, and, of course, BTGs.

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter