Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

Hey Folks - I am going to have to finish this tomorrow because I have accidently deleted two attempts at my continued update. I have no idea what I did, but it happened twice so I am taking a break!

Oh I'm just in heaven seeing all the highlights of AK all in one place. :cloud9: I can just feel the cool breeze under the cover of the trees... no wait... that's a draft from my window. It's only -1 outside (Uhm, that's about 30F) I'm just going to keep going through your pictures of hot, sunny Fl until it warms up outside!
Yak & Yeti looks so yummy, I can't wait to try those deep fried green beans!

The continuation just wasn't meant to be for you last night I guess!

I love all the AK firsts! I think our favorite park day on our last trip was there. Isn't Lily the cutest?! I love watching her play :)

Beautiful pictures :thumbsup2

Sunday December 18th

So I tried to do this update last night and I totally deleted, not once, but twice. So I gave up. I think I somehow had my photobucket window opened in a weird spot so as I was shrinking it I accidently closed the TR window - twice. UGH!

Dawn & Wendy - I will do your replies shortly. I just want to get this done.

Oh - I did get my outbound flight for October. I booked a 9:30 am flight out of Philly on SWA for $109. There was something really wrong with SWA's website today so it took forever. Then when I went to book my return flight I kept getting the error message.

So here's a question for you all......The return flight leaves at 5pm but doesn't get into Philly because there is a stop in Raleigh, NC. It's $114, so the total trip would be $223 and no baggage fees. The alternative is Airtran non-stop with baggage fees ($110) so the total (both flights and bags) would be $234. I guess I should probably go the air tran route??? This flight leaves at 4 and gets in around 6:30. I guess it makes sense to pay the extra $11 not to stop.

What time would ME leave for a 4pm flight? 1:30 or earlier?

What do you think?

Moving On...........

Firsts & Favs!

Nick's "first" ride on SOAT

IMG_1411.jpg

My "first" time getting decent pictures in SE (nonflash, of course)

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

My "first" time taking pics inside of Mission Space

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

My "first" time seeing LWTL decorated for Christmas

IMG_1547.jpg

My "first" time taking pics in Soarin

fd66c530.jpg

3f92657b.jpg

My "first" time seeing Captain EO

d848f0bd.jpg

My "first" time taking pictures on Test Track

IMG_1575.jpg

I get cold just looking at this pic.....

IMG_1584.jpg

Our "first" PP of the day

IMG_1609.jpg

Definitely NOT our "first" time here

IMG_1610.jpg

"First" time stopping here. Yummy!

IMG_1627.jpg

"First" visit to the gurgling suitcase

5ac5b930.jpg

"First" Turtle Crawl

3aef79a2.jpg

Not our "first" time here, but it sure felt like it was.

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

Continued......(REALLY)

Continued.......

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

"First" family PP picture of the WL

IMG_1755.jpg

Nick's "first" dinner at Artist's Point

IMG_1781.jpg

Clearly not Nick's "first" dessert

IMG_1782.jpg

Seriously - I am really looking forward to staying here in October!

IMG_1785.jpg

Not Nick's "first" hat picture

IMG_1797.jpg

BTW - remember when I told you that Nick start accutane prior to this trip. Well, he has completed and he had excellent results. His face looks great! He is very pleased! :goodvibes

Monday December 19th

My "first" visit to the OKW lounge in the lobby

IMG_1819.jpg

"first" visit to the awesome children's playground

IMG_1843.jpg

"first" time taking pictures in Ellen's energy adventure

IMG_1851.jpg

"first" time ordering sandwiches from the Kringla Bakery

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

"first" time seeing these little beauties

IMG_1889.jpg

I am SO getting one of these in June!

Not our "first" time seeing this show

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

"First" time actually watching the drummers

IMG_2003.jpg

"first" time seeing Bill Clinton play the violin (sorry - I'm in a goofy mood right now)

IMG_2010.jpg

I think this is one of my favorite pictures of the trip, mostly because it was one of those "blind" squirrel moments!

IMG_2023.jpg

"First" time being verbally assaulted in the red telephone booth in England

IMG_2034.jpg

"First" time actually leaving the park ahead of schedule (Christine - lol) so that we didn't have to rush right on our flight. That gave us the opportunity for another first -

Celebration

IMG_2059.jpg

So that's it folks.

When it comes right down to it, I had a lot of "firsts" and I really had too many favorites to count.

I will return to post final thoughts and I do want to show you pictures from my Williamsburg trip with Denny and with the girls. That will probably need to be two updates.

Lastly, I will give you some June pre trip plans!

See Next Post.........

Here's another What Would You Do?

Our dear, sweet Daytona Beach friends invited us to stay at the house during the time we are at the Boardwalk in June. They did not want to meet us at KSC or come spend an overnighter with us.

I am thinking of canceling my first night at the Boardwalk and spending the night with them - but I don't really want to. Just for reference - that's a Friday night. It would be the same day that my brother and family leave. If we do it we would have lunch at Disney and leave around the same time they leave for Sanford.

I am so torn. I really rather just spend Saturday with them, but I know Denny wants to go and they are trying to be so hospitable. There are so many trips to Florida that I don't see them because of the length of the trip. So why do I feel sad about giving up a coveted night at the Boardwalk? I actually could use the points to arrive one night early in October (originally I was going to stay at AOA), but hmmmmmmmm........:rolleyes1

Oh I'm just in heaven seeing all the highlights of AK all in one place. :cloud9: I can just feel the cool breeze under the cover of the trees... no wait... that's a draft from my window. It's only -1 outside (Uhm, that's about 30F) I'm just going to keep going through your pictures of hot, sunny Fl until it warms up outside!

OMG - that IS COLD! I hope this warm front that is hitting me today makes its way up to your pronto. It's 23 degrees warmer today. It's 79 and was HOT when I went running.

Yak & Yeti looks so yummy, I can't wait to try those deep fried green beans!

You - MUST try the fried green beans. They really are heaven on a plate! :goodvibes

I love all the AK firsts! I think our favorite park day on our last trip was there. Isn't Lily the cutest?! I love watching her play :)

AK really is one of my favorite parks and I enjoyed it so much more in the cooler weather. I don't know how many of those trails we will venture down in June. I just get too darn hot!

LOVE Lily! If I don't see her in June I will definitely be on the look-out for her in October!

Beautiful pictures :thumbsup2

Thank you! I have really been enjoying Caitlin's pictures in your TR. If the two of us ever meet up it will be the show-down of the cameras! :laughing:

ME is 3 hours before your flight.
4:00 flight = 1:00 Magical Express.

Ughhhh - that's TOO early! I am so spoiled when we have a car. I have a 1200 lunch ADR on my last day. I better reconsider the 5pm flight or look for one even later.

I'd say your ME bus would be arriving around 1 pm, they tend to come around 3 hours early.

Awww I love seeing all of your recaps! Can't wait to hear about your Williamsburg trip!!

I love your Firsts and Favorites, so many great pictures to see again! :cool1:

I don't know anything about ME, but I do know that I always prefer nonstop flights, even if they are a little more expensive! :thumbsup2

That's a tough situation, with your friends in FL. I wouldn't want to give up a night at the BW, but I suppose it wouldn't be terrible, and if you could use the points for October, maybe you should just go see them! I don't know though, I hate giving up any Disney time! :rotfl2:

I'm excited to see your latest Williamsburg pictures. :goodvibes

Thanks for the trip recap! Yall had a great one with so many firsts! And it's true, 'firsts' don't have to be big monumental things. :thumbsup2

A violin-playing Bill Clinton? :rotfl: Also, did you do a Celebration update that I missed? I'm so curious about that town.

As for your Daytona decision..I have no idea. Super helpful, huh?

Looking forward to your Williamsburg pics.

Loved the recap! You really got some fabulous pictures! I don't remember the bat ones, did you post them before? I just love watching those bats.

Absolutely pay more for a non-stop flight. You will regret it later.

Here's my take on the friends situation. Whenever I don't want to take time to visit but do, I am always always glad I did afterwards. Time with friends is priceless, especially if you don't see these friends often. WDW will always be there, but your friends might not be. Just a thought, not trying to pressure you by any means. I do understand about being torn, BWV would be really nice.

I really enjoy your recaps of the trips. It gives me a real feel of how the trip went.

I'd opt for the nonstop flight, which is what we have done the last three trips & are doing again in Sept. Our flight in Sept. comes back at 5:30pm, which should give us enough time to do some last day things. ME will pick us up at 2:30.

I'm really looking forward to the Williamsburg TR.

MEK...love the rest of your firsts and favorites. Isn't that playground at OKW great? Great family picture of the three of you. :goodvibes

I want to try that drink at DAWA when we are there in September.

And, again, I loved the Osborn Light photos.

I say go for the non-stop, it's very much worth $11!

As for the friends...that's tough. If you have bypassed them a few trips, I would say go visit them and then use the points on another trip. It's tough, but it will be good!

Loving the re-cap and seeing all the pics again!

Love the rest of your firsts and favorites. Makes me want to decorate for Christmas right now. LOL!

As for the friends, I would go stay with them. I know it is hard to give up that night at Boardwalk, but I think you will enjoy your time with them. Plus, it is just one night. Good luck making the decision.

OMG - that IS COLD! I hope this warm front that is hitting me today makes its way up to your pronto. It's 23 degrees warmer today. It's 79 and was HOT when I went running.

Yep, we had literally some freezing temperatures over the weekend. We even had a couple of snow flurries! Better than some parts of the country that got actual snow accumulation. Luckily yesterday warmed up to a pleasant 18 degrees (~65F) in the afternoon!
Beautiful wrap up again, the pictures are great and seeing all the best in one post is so much fun.
Glad to hear the accutane worked for Nick, I know the pain of acne all too well. Pro-Active works for me!

I'd say your ME bus would be arriving around 1 pm, they tend to come around 3 hours early.

3 hours is MUCH too early IMHO, but I understand it! I think my 4pm flight option might be too early unless I have a really early lunch. There are a ton of US Air flights from MCO to PHL and, even though the charge the MOST for luggage, it might be my best bet. Air tran has 4:15 and 8:30pm. I know Denny doesn't want to pick me up that late and I actually don't like leaving that late. 6pm is the perfect departure time for me!

Awww I love seeing all of your recaps! Can't wait to hear about your Williamsburg trip!!

Thanks!

The Williamsburg trip was super fun, but knowing me I will have to divide it up into at least two updates! ;)

I love your Firsts and Favorites, so many great pictures to see again! :cool1::

Thanks! And so many firsts, even though most of them were sort of silly! ;)

I don't know anything about ME, but I do know that I always prefer nonstop flights, even if they are a little more expensive! :thumbsup2 :

I have only ever flown one trip where we literally stopped and changed planes. That was a cheap flight, quick plane change, and a long trip were we literally designated two days just for travel. It was also many years ago. SWA has NO nonstop flights into PHL after early afternoon. This is one of those flights that stops but you don't change planes. But every landing and take-off has the potential for delays so I don't think I want to be bothered with it.

That's a tough situation, with your friends in FL. I wouldn't want to give up a night at the BW, but I suppose it wouldn't be terrible, and if you could use the points for October, maybe you should just go see them! I don't know though, I hate giving up any Disney time! :rotfl2:

Well, the alternate plan is to spend all Saturday with them. But I feel bad not spending the night and I do want to see them. After reading everyone's replies I am really leaning towards spending the night at their house. Why am I so greedy about my Disney time? :rolleyes1

I'm excited to see your latest Williamsburg pictures. :goodvibes

I love :love: Williamsburg. To me it is like the Disney of history attractions! I can't wait to go back again!

Thanks for the trip recap! Yall had a great one with so many firsts! And it's true, 'firsts' don't have to be big monumental things. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed the recap. At this point a lot of my "firsts" aren't big things, but I enjoy them all the same because there is always something to uncover at my happy place!

A violin-playing Bill Clinton? :rotfl: Also, did you do a Celebration update that I missed? I'm so curious about that town. .

I posted some Celebration pics (and Bill) on my last trip update. We actually did a Celebration drive-by :moped: on our way to the airport. There was really no place to park and the traffic was kind of slow, so all we could do was drive through. I really am going to head back there one of these days so I can get out and walk around.

As for your Daytona decision..I have no idea. Super helpful, huh? .

I think I know what my decision is going to be. We were definitely going there for the day, but I think I can give up a night of Disney as well.

Looking forward to your Williamsburg pics.

Hopefully I will be able to get to that update soon. I love Williamsburg. I really learned a lot about early history during my past two visits there.

Loved the recap! You really got some fabulous pictures! I don't remember the bat ones, did you post them before? I just love watching those bats. .

Yup - posted the bats! That was definitely one of the hightlights for me of this trip as I had never really seen them before and I think they are super cool!

Absolutely pay more for a non-stop flight. You will regret it later. .

I am sure you are right! :)

Here's my take on the friends situation. Whenever I don't want to take time to visit but do, I am always always glad I did afterwards. Time with friends is priceless, especially if you don't see these friends often. WDW will always be there, but your friends might not be. Just a thought, not trying to pressure you by any means. I do understand about being torn, BWV would be really nice.

Pam - what you said here totally hit home and you are so right. Disney will always be there but my friends might not, so I have decided to cancel the first night of our BWV reservation and spend Friday night with them. Originally we were just going to head up there for the day, but perhaps by Friday I might need a Disney break anyway. I just can't wait to stay at the darn Boardwalk.

I really enjoy your recaps of the trips. It gives me a real feel of how the trip went.

That's exactly why I do them. When I read a TR that is lengthy (or really any TR) its hard for me to get the overall flow of the trip. I think its because we read so many simultaneously. You just can't remember all the details!

II'd opt for the nonstop flight, which is what we have done the last three trips & are doing again in Sept. Our flight in Sept. comes back at 5:30pm, which should give us enough time to do some last day things. ME will pick us up at 2:30..

I always fly non-stop, but SWA has cut all their evening non-stop flights. I love SWA, but I think everyone is right - nonstop is just worth a few extra dollars. I do need a flight that leaves 5pm of later. I want to enjoy one last leisurely lunch!

II'm really looking forward to the Williamsburg TR.

You will be SO proud of me - I did only history attractions my last two trips there and I finally bought the colonial w-burg ticket. I really, really enjoyed going into the Governor's Palace and the Capital building. The enactors did a great job staying in character. I really think W-burg is a must see because it really does trace the roots of our country. I know I couldn't resist BG last August because of the low crowds and fab weather, but I really enjoyed the colonial district just as much. Can't wait to go back!

MEK...love the rest of your firsts and favorites. Isn't that playground at OKW great? Great family picture of the three of you. :goodvibes.

Thanks!

That playground was adorable - probably the cutest one I've seen. Made me wish for my MUCH younger years! :laughing:

We did get a few really good threesome pics! :thumbsup2

I want to try that drink at DAWA when we are there in September..

It is REALLY good! Did you ever try the Turtle Crawl at OKW? - that was heaven in a glass!

And, again, I loved the Osborn Light photos.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I say go for the non-stop, it's very much worth $11!

You know - as soon as I posted the question and actually looked at the price difference I thought "Doh" - the answer is obvious! In my mind there was more of a savings on the SWA flight - but there really isn't! :idea:

As for the friends...that's tough. If you have bypassed them a few trips, I would say go visit them and then use the points on another trip. It's tough, but it will be good!

I think this is the general consensus and I think everyone is dead on. I am going to cancel Friday night and we will head to Daytona when the rest of the crew heads up to Sanford for the train!

Loving the re-cap and seeing all the pics again!

Thanks! I enjoy recapping a trip and I actually condensed it a lot more than I thought I would. Yeah me!!!!!:rotfl:

Love the rest of your firsts and favorites. Makes me want to decorate for Christmas right now. LOL!.

Thanks and I know exactly what you mean about Christmas. As soon as I see the Christmas pics it makes me long for those decorations again! Of course, I would NOT want to go through all the work of dragging them out again right now. I actually bought these really cute Christmas candlesticks and I still haven't put them away because I like them so much. Whoops!

As for the friends, I would go stay with them. I know it is hard to give up that night at Boardwalk, but I think you will enjoy your time with them. Plus, it is just one night. Good luck making the decision.

It is hard to give the night, but its one night and visiting with them for longer than a day is really the right thing to do. I'm glad I had so much help in making the decision!

Yep, we had literally some freezing temperatures over the weekend. We even had a couple of snow flurries! Better than some parts of the country that got actual snow accumulation. Luckily yesterday warmed up to a pleasant 18 degrees (~65F) in the afternoon!

I think there were some areas in Pennsylvania that got snow the weekend before this. Crazy weather. I am glad it warmed up to 65 degrees yesterday. After I said that maybe you'll get a warm front I watched the news and we are actually going to get a cold front here for the next few days. Good thing I don't forecast weather. :rolleyes1

Beautiful wrap up again, the pictures are great and seeing all the best in one post is so much fun.

Thanks! I really do like doing wrap up posts and I love reading them in other people's TRs too!

Glad to hear the accutane worked for Nick, I know the pain of acne all too well. Pro-Active works for me!

You are so lucky that Pro-active works for you! Nick had tried EVERYTHING and was finally running the risk of permanent scaring. I, unfortunately, sent Nick to most of his appointments alone. I never knew the stop date for his Accutane and found out he stopped it about 6 weeks early. The recommended course is 4 - 6 months. He did 4.5 months, but he just couldn't take it any longer. He said he was incredibly stiff, his muscles hurt, and the dry skin/mucous membranes were killing him. Hopefully he won't relapse because that drugs was by no means benign.

So my October SWA flight from PHL to MCO dropped from $110 to $95. I rebooked it and took the $15 credit and booked the return flight with the touchdown stop. :faint: That flight also went down in price. RT total is about $195. I couldn't help it - the cheap price and the free bags. It just sucked me right in. :rotfl: The return flight is only 3.5 hours versus the usual 2.5 with the touchdown in Raleigh. Hey - we'll see how it goes, right? How bad can it be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter