Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

Yay for BWV!!!! I'm so glad you got the resort you wanted!! Hopefully your brother and SIL book their arrangements soon!!

Thankfully they are are only there for the first 5 nights and then even Nick is going to fly home friday or Saturday. I have to book his flight soon. I was kind-of waiting to see what my bro's arrangements are because he probably could take the train home with them. He does not want to stay the whole time with us and that's cool.

It is a very frustrating situation and I keep telling myself I am doing this for the kids.

The Turtle Crawl looks so good! (And so rum-filled! :laughing:)

Yes - quite the variety of rum! It all tasted so good together! Really good!

Love your Osborne Lights pictures! We literally arrived the day after they ended in January. :headache: Not going to lie, when I found out about that, a teeny part of me was like "is it worth it to change airfare and book another night to go to the lights??" :rotfl:. We had already seen them in 2009, so, alas, I was rational, and, no. But the lights are just pure magic, aren't they? I love them!!

They are magic and I am really glad that we decided to go see them. It was the first time I took pictures with my new camera and I'm so happy with the way they turned out! :goodvibes But, no, I would definitely not have changed airfare to see them.

The situation with your borther and sister-in-law must be driving you crazy! I hope that make a decision soon, you don't need that stress! (and I can totally relate because my brother and his wife drive me crazy)

:rotfl: There are so many stories of people traveling with their families and it never ends up good. Yes - the situation is frustrating me because Denny is talking about downgrading to a smaller room, but if they don't go I am going to insist that Nick take a friend. It would be silly for just the 3 of us to have a whole treehouse.

Glad your room came through :thumbsup2

I can't tell you how excited I am about the BWV room coming through for the fourth night! :thumbsup2 Now I can book an ADR for our last night. I didn't want to when I thought we might have to move. I'm actually thrilled with how quickly the room came through.

Your pictures of the Osbourne Lights are great! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I love the way they turned out! The pictures show such a different perspective compared to when just standing there in the middle of the crowd!

Hurray for your waitlist coming through, Mary Ellen! That is fantastic!

And speaking of fantastic, that Turtle Crawl looks absolutely wonderful! I want one of those! :thumbsup2

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! Good job on Nick's part in requesting a visit to them!

Hurray for your waitlist coming through, Mary Ellen! That is fantastic!

I am thrilled! It's going to be so fun to stay at the BWV and be so close to everything for 4 nights. So happy to have that bonus night!

And speaking of fantastic, that Turtle Crawl looks absolutely wonderful! I want one of those! :thumbsup2

That was one of those drinks that could seriously go down way too easy. As much as I loved the lost on safari, the turtle crawl had a slightly smoother taste to it, if that makes sense. It almost had a vanilla taste to it. :confused3

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! Good job on Nick's part in requesting a visit to them!

Thanks! So glad you like the pics. I have to say one thing about Nick - when he suggests something he is usually right on the mark! ;)

Great pictures of Osborne Lights - really spectacular. Another Christmas must see for us one of these days!

And congrats on the last night at BWV, must be a big relief. :cool1:

Great pictures of Osborne Lights - really spectacular. Another Christmas must see for us one of these days!

Thank you! Learning how to use my camera really helped. I am very pleased with how well they turned out! :thumbsup2

And congrats on the last night at BWV, must be a big relief. :cool1:

I was totally expecting to go down there and still be on the waitlist because I said I wanted to be on it until 7 days. Then after 7 days I was going to keep checking for availability. So, yes, it's really great that it came through so fast. Definitely one thing that went well because this whole thing with my brother is not! :laughing:

Oh my. Oh my my my. I really honestly did tear up at the Osbourne Lights pictures. Oh MEK why would you do this to me? :rotfl2:
The pictures are fantastic and gorgeous.

Congratulations on the BWV coming through for you! :thumbsup2

Now we have 5 nights at SSR treehouse villa and 4 nights in a studio (standard view) at the BWV!
Great trip planned. I am waiting for the 60 day window to use those points in holding that I have from canceling our HHI trip. There is nothing available right now where we are staying (VWL) but there are 2brs at SSR-treehouse and BLT. I'm torn between the two.

The one problem that is still not solved is my Brother & SIL. SIL swears she is going, but brother can't seem to commit. So SIL has made no travel reservations.
Uhhhh...I can be adopted you know. I'll be your brother and DW will be your SIL! :lmao:

It didn't take long for my home made adult beverage to disappear so I decided to disappear from the boys and go visit the Gurgling Suitcase. I had heard that visiting the GS was a must while staying at OKW. OMG - what a cute little bar.

So I bellied up to the bar and the nicest bartender ever asked me what I would like. I replied, "what do you recommend?" And that request resulted in this little beauty...........

May I present......The Turtle Crawl

3aef79a2.jpg
Sighhhhh...a TC from the GS...can't get much better than that! Hope you enjoyed OKW. It is so different from the other DVC resorts.

Your Osborne Lights pics are fantastic! Too many times they are a blur.

Oh my. Oh my my my. I really honestly did tear up at the Osbourne Lights pictures. Oh MEK why would you do this to me? :rotfl2:

I'm sorry. Is this going to make your decision between November and January harder? :confused3 I know you love Christmas! :santa:

The pictures are fantastic and gorgeous.

Thank you! Again - coming from you that is a huge compliment. I'm so glad I am learning how to use my camera the right way! :) But I still have a long way to go!

Congratulations on the BWV coming through for you! :thumbsup2

So excited about that! :woohoo:

Great trip planned. I am waiting for the 60 day window to use those points in holding that I have from canceling our HHI trip. There is nothing available right now where we are staying (VWL) but there are 2brs at SSR-treehouse and BLT. I'm torn between the two.

Hmmmm - that's a hard decision. Both places are so completely different, but great that you have both of them to choose from.

I am excited for the June trip. I said I would never go again in June after how how it was in 09, but I guess time faded my memory (some). :laughing:

Uhhhh...I can be adopted you know. I'll be your brother and DW will be your SIL! :lmao:

I wouldn't mind having adopted brother that loves Disney world as much as I do! :goodvibes

Sighhhhh...a TC from the GS...can't get much better than that! Hope you enjoyed OKW. It is so different from the other DVC resorts.

You were SO right about that awesome little bar. :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed OKW because it was different from the other DVC resorts. I could tell that a lot of people who were there didn't have a lot of interest in the parks. They were just there for the relaxation. And I just got this vibe that there were a lot of "original DVCers" there. They were there because they wanted to be, not because they booked late. I liked that.

Your Osborne Lights pics are fantastic! Too many times they are a blur.

I must have had my shutter speed set perfectly. I'm so happy with how they turned out!

Great News!!!!!!

:cool1: Woo Hoo! I got some good news today! No one in my non-DIS life would care that much, but I think you guys will be excited that my wait list for The BWV for June 18th already came through! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Congrats! That's awesome.

Don't you wonder how they get all of these Disney-related license plates?

Did you notice the New Castle County Delaware police patch? How cool is that?

Thanks for the Osborne Lights pictures. That's another thing we've never seen yet; I'm not sure when we'll get to go at that time of year.

I meant to post this hours ago. Officially all caught up. :cool1:

Great News!!!!!!

:cool1: Woo Hoo! I got some good news today! No one in my non-DIS life would care that much, but I think you guys will be excited that my wait list for The BWV for June 18th already came through! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

May I present......The Turtle Crawl

3aef79a2.jpg

Ingredients

Turtle Crawl Cocktail
Old Key West Resort

1/2 oz Castillo rum
1/2 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1/2 oz Myers dark rum
Splash Grenadine
Splash key lime juice
Equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice

- Shake to mix in an ice filled 12 oz cup.

OMG - this drink was heaven in a cup! I loved it! I have to say that it was probably my favorite Disney drink of the trip! Yum - my!

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I think I just had a moment. :eek: :rotfl2:

I love this next pic

IMG_1634.jpg

LOVE LOVE the atmosphere on the street during the Osborne lights.

The last hour the park is open is great - no crowds, CM dancing fun fun time.

Tell me about it! I know everyone who is a DISer can totally understand the importance of preplanning, but mere mortals can not! :rotfl2:

I can't believe the waitlist came through in like 2 weeks! :cool1: Woo Hoo! I never thought it would happen that quick. I am so happy we don't have to move for that last night! :goodvibes

UGH :headache: I hope all this works out for you.

Congrats! That's awesome.

Totally excited to have a 4th night there! 4 nights on the boardwalk is going to be sooooooo great!

Don't you wonder how they get all of these Disney-related license plates?

I do. I wonder if people turn their old ones in. :rotfl: They have some great ones up there. Makes me want one!

Did you notice the New Castle County Delaware police patch? How cool is that?

I did. I have been wanting to get a patch from the Smyrna Delaware citizens hose fire company to take to the fire station. I could possibly just bring it to OKW. I love that they do that!

Thanks for the Osborne Lights pictures. That's another thing we've never seen yet; I'm not sure when we'll get to go at that time of year.

That's a tough time to travel because of school. I was a little hesitant to take Nick out of school, but since he is such a good student it all worked out fine. That would definitely not work for every kid and it would be even worse if you had to worry about more than one kid. And then to go to during Christmas week - Nope - I'm just not that brave.

I meant to post this hours ago. Officially all caught up. :cool1:

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited about getting BWV for the last night. Heck - I am excited to stay there period! I think its going to be great! Hope I get a nice view of Epcot!

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I think I just had a moment. :eek: :rotfl2:

That drink was so so awesome! It is a "must drink" if you are ever there.

LOVE LOVE the atmosphere on the street during the Osborne lights.

The last hour the park is open is great - no crowds, CM dancing fun fun time.

Surprisingly it was not THAT crowded. AT least I didn't feel that way. Maybe I was just too into taking pictures and that tends to give me tunnel vision. I bet it is wonderful right before park close. That is a park I would like to leave after close. I've left Epcot and MK later, but never HS.

UGH :headache: I hope all this works out for you.

Thanks! I hope it does to. I'm giving them until the end of the week and then I have to say something. Not sure how that's going to go. Somehow I will end up being the bad guy. :sad2:

Maybe Glen and Judy will get an adult trip some year after all the kids are out of the house. It can be a tough time of the year to travel.

Okay. I'm going to be at OKW this fall and I will have to try that drink! Lots of different rums, Oh my! Was it strong?

My neighbor was over at OKW during January and took a picture of one of those license plates - something like Dizneynut - and sent it to me. She knows of my obsession quite well.

So happy for you that the wait list came through. We've been contemplating changing our AKV - Jambo stay in October, but there's not much available for the Epcot area (b/c of food and wine I'm sure) within our point range. I'm perfectly happy at AKV though.

Great pics!
We just tried the Osborne Lights this past November.
It was AWESOME!!!!

Thank you and YES - weren't they awesome???? I am so happy Nick steered us to that park. It wouldn't have been the same trip without seeing those lights! :thumbsup2

Okay. I'm going to be at OKW this fall and I will have to try that drink! Lots of different rums, Oh my! Was it strong?

First - Welcome Back!!!!!!!!

To answer your question - It did not taste strong and I'm not sure if it was strong because I had already had one adult beverage prior to ordering it. So the long answer is - Yes - I was pretty tipsy after my two adults beverages. :rotfl: But it wore off quick! :thumbsup2 Definitely something you should try because it was SO yummy!

My neighbor was over at OKW during January and took a picture of one of those license plates - something like Dizneynut - and sent it to me. She knows of my obsession quite well.

Those license plates were so cool. That whole cute little bar was so cool. You must take a quick stop in there when the rest of your family is in the pool. You can just say you need to use the lady's room and sneak off. They'll never miss you. :rolleyes1 Mine didn't. :rotfl:

So happy for you that the wait list came through. We've been contemplating changing our AKV - Jambo stay in October, but there's not much available for the Epcot area (b/c of food and wine I'm sure) within our point range. I'm perfectly happy at AKV though.

I'm thrilled about my waitlist coming through. I am really looking forward to staying at the Boardwalk. It's been on my bucket list for awhile.

There's nothing available for our dates either. Cynthia and I have decided to waitlist the last 3 nights at BWV and BCV, but if neither comes through we are pretty settled with VWL. We want to do the haunted carriage ride and eat at AP and have breakfast at the Wave, so it sounds like a good location for all that. :goodvibes

I have a couple new things to report re: My June & October Trips.

First of All - I waitlisted today for the BCV & BWV for the last three nights of our F&W stay -October 20th - 23rd. The first three nights will remain at the VWL. :goodvibes Keep your fingers crossed and we'll see if my luck in waitlisting continues!

Regarding the June trip:

I actually hit the Disney outlet at Rehobeth Beach on Sunday and picked up some great (and inexpensive T's). I'm not really a T-shirt person, but I got two really cute T's for $6 each. I will post pictures with my next update. I also got a T for each of my 4 nephews. I got the oldest boys a Size Small Mens ($6 each) and the two younger boys T's that were only $3. I found out they have a Disney Visa discount if you spend over $50, which I did not.

I also made my first rental car reservation. I say first because I usually always make two or three and then go with the cheapest. Budget has a great code out right now and you can get a small SUV for 1 week for about $208. That's an awesome deal. Of course, since I am staying an extra 3 nights the rate bumps up to $311. Still the best rate going around right now.

Lastly, I booked our first night off site stay here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ando_International_Drive-Orlando_Florida.html

The Radisson Hotel Orlando on I-Drive. I booked it with Denny's Club Carlson points, so other than a $10 resort fee, - it's free! We seriously won't even get there until after 9pm, so it just didn't make sense to book a Disney resort. Let's see - free versus $140 value room at Disney. Hmmmmmmm - let me think about that! :rotfl:

This room also says it has occupancy for 5 (in case two of my nephews do actually fly with us).

Don't remember reading anything about continental breakfast, but that's OK because I plan to have everyone up nice and early and over to SSR. :goodvibes

So, I'm hoping to do an update later night. See you then!

I'm back....sorry I missed the last update (darn engagement has me all off kilter).

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Gurgling Suitcase and your "Turtle Crawl". Mary had one in January and she really liekd it too. I had my favorite Pina Colada, but I think I'll do the Turtle Crawl if we stay at OKW in September.

Your pictures of the Osborne Lights are the best I have ever seen. They made me feel as if I was actually there which is awesome because I've never been there at that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter