Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

I think I got a little behind... I know I read your last AK update but it must have been on my phone because I don't think I commented. :confused3

Yay for finally riding EE after dark! :cool1: Sorry it wasn't all that exciting.

Fun weekend adventure in Long Island! Looks like a fun group of ladies. And so cool that you got to meet up with Melissa too. :thumbsup2

Looks like your Epcot morning was off to a good start... even if it was a bit chilly. You're so funny thinking about Stacy & Clinton! :laughing: I can't imagine what they'd think if they spent a day in a Disney park! :rotfl:

I think I got a little behind... I know I read your last AK update but it must have been on my phone because I don't think I commented. :confused3

No worries. Glad you had a few minutes to catch up! :goodvibes Plus I know you are very busy with your last minute preparations. You must be getting too excited right about now!

Yay for finally riding EE after dark! :cool1: Sorry it wasn't all that exciting.

It really was much more fun that during the day, but I just didn't notice the contrast like on BTMMR. Still, if I get a chance to do it again in the dark, I certainly won't pass it up!

Fun weekend adventure in Long Island! Looks like a fun group of ladies. And so cool that you got to meet up with Melissa too. :thumbsup2

It was actually a crazy group of ladies. There was one incident that I can't even mention because someone got a little out of control. :rolleyes1

It was so fun to see Melissa and she was such a good sport for coming out to say high. Fortunately the ladies were only mildly out of control when she was there. :laughing:

Looks like your Epcot morning was off to a good start... even if it was a bit chilly. You're so funny thinking about Stacy & Clinton! :laughing: I can't imagine what they'd think if they spent a day in a Disney park! :rotfl:

I am always thinking about Stacy and Clinton. I love them and they come on in my lunch breakroom so I see them quite frequently. Oh yeah - I know exactly the stuff they hate. :rotfl:

:rotfl: Easy come, easy go!

:rotfl2: Yup - that's pretty much how life rolls.

It is still driving me crazy that I can't figure out where I saw those Soarin' pics. :confused3

It sounds like your weekend in LI was great. You were so close to me...yet so far. LI is pretty close to CT, obviously. If you took a ferry...;)

And that's too bad about getting lost in Manhattan. True story: when I was in college, one of my work study jobs was to drive a van into Manhattan. Needless to say I have no problem driving there, but it can be very frustrating and scary sometimes, particularly if you're not used to it and aren't sure where you're going.

Love the SE pictures. I'm going to have to show them to Max. He wanted to see some earlier this evening and I just thought, well, I don't know where I'd find any. Now I do.

And the expression on your face at end of the ride video thing...priceless. Love the hidden mickey, too.

It sounds like your weekend in LI was great. You were so close to me...yet so far. LI is pretty close to CT, obviously. If you took a ferry...;)

I heard there was a ferry that goes to CT. I don't think I would like living on LI simply from the fact that you ARE kind-of stuck there. You can really only drive in one direction. :laughing: I guess everyone goes to CT on the ferry./ I mean, why would you want to drive into NYC to go to CT?

And that's too bad about getting lost in Manhattan. True story: when I was in college, one of my work study jobs was to drive a van into Manhattan. Needless to say I have no problem driving there, but it can be very frustrating and scary sometimes, particularly if you're not used to it and aren't sure where you're going.

:worship: I am very impressed that you actually drove a van into NYC. OK - where do people park in NYC? :rotfl: I think if I wasn't so intimidated by the fact that I WAS in NYC I probably would have been OK. I'm an OK drive, but I can't parallel park to save my life.

Love the SE pictures. I'm going to have to show them to Max. He wanted to see some earlier this evening and I just thought, well, I don't know where I'd find any. Now I do.

I hope Max enjoys them. I was able to get a lot of the main scenes. I just used the shutter speed adjustment. :thumbsup2

And the expression on your face at end of the ride video thing...priceless. Love the hidden mickey, too.

Yeah - how about that hidden mickey? :rotfl:

We are fans of the Sum of All Thrills, too. Can't wait to design a new ride this summer. :thumbsup2

You aren't the only one! I love the smell of Spaceship Earth, too!

120 minutes for Soarin'??? That is crazy -- I would never stand in line for that long. No way, no how!

I heard there was a ferry that goes to CT. I don't think I would like living on LI simply from the fact that you ARE kind-of stuck there. You can really only drive in one direction. :laughing: I guess everyone goes to CT on the ferry./ I mean, why would you want to drive into NYC to go to CT?

The one and only time I went to LI, I did take the ferry. Generally, if you live in CT and want to go to a beach that isn't on LI Sound, you head north to Rhode Island or Massachusetts.

:worship: I am very impressed that you actually drove a van into NYC. OK - where do people park in NYC? :rotfl: I think if I wasn't so intimidated by the fact that I WAS in NYC I probably would have been OK. I'm an OK drive, but I can't parallel park to save my life.

When I was younger, I'd park on the street. Now, if I don't find a plum spot by sheer luck, I usually pay to park in a garage.

I hope Max enjoys them. I was able to get a lot of the main scenes. I just used the shutter speed adjustment. :thumbsup2

Shutter speed? I have no idea. I can't even decent shots with my point and shoot half the time, let alone take on a DSLR (that's what they're called, right?). It would be a fun thing to learn someday, though.

We are fans of the Sum of All Thrills, too. Can't wait to design a new ride this summer. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to going on it again and having a ride partner this time. :rotfl: I know LJ will like it. Not so sure about the rest of the nephews. :confused3

You aren't the only one! I love the smell of Spaceship Earth, too!

Isn't it great how Disney works with all the senses. I love that. :goodvibes It really does add to why I think SE is so memorable.

120 minutes for Soarin'??? That is crazy -- I would never stand in line for that long. No way, no how!

I hear ya sister! Never. but i do wish i had taken a picture of that line. It was crazy! :faint:

The one and only time I went to LI, I did take the ferry. Generally, if you live in CT and want to go to a beach that isn't on LI Sound, you head north to Rhode Island or Massachusetts.

I have always wanted to see the beach in RI. I have never been in that state. I've been in all the other NE states. And - I have been to beach in NH and Maine.

When I was younger, I'd park on the street. Now, if I don't find a plum spot by sheer luck, I usually pay to park in a garage.

I couldn't park on a street in NY to save my life. I'm not kidding, so kudos to you. I don't even do well in some parking garages. :rotfl:

Shutter speed? I have no idea. I can't even decent shots with my point and shoot half the time, let alone take on a DSLR (that's what they're called, right?). It would be a fun thing to learn someday, though.

A DSLR has all the same controls that a point and shoot does. You can put both cameras in an auto mode. You can also use shutter speed as your primary mode in both cameras. That is the setting marked Tv. The smaller the number the faster the shutter opens and closes. Indoors the auto mode would keep the shutter open longer and that's what cause the blur in a lot of indoor, especially moving, pics. But if you get the shutter to close faster you don't have time for blur. I hope I explained that right because my knowledge is still pretty novice.

Mary Ellen - do enjoying your trip report. After a long break from the boards, your report has been fun to jump in to.

Love the BC Christmas pics! One of these days I plan to see them in person.

Had to post as soon as I saw your flight plan for June as my older son attends Lehigh University in bethlehem, PA!

Mary Ellen - do enjoying your trip report. After a long break from the boards, your report has been fun to jump in to.

:welcome: HockeyMomR! And welcome back to the boards after your long hiatus! It's so nice to have a new reader this late in the game!

Love the BC Christmas pics! One of these days I plan to see them in person.

The resorts at Christmas are so gorgeous! But the BC carousel is especially lovely at Christmas.

Had to post as soon as I saw your flight plan for June as my older son attends Lehigh University in bethlehem, PA!

Does your son like Lehigh? I know its a good school and we go right by it whenever we go to see my DH's mom. My younger son will be applying to college next year so its always good to have some recommendations. :thumbsup2

After I booked our flights I learned that air tran won't be flying out of ABE after August.

An Epcot First

So you would think that after all my trips to Disney I would have visited every attraction in Epcot. Right? Wrong! We actually experienced an Epcot first today.

But not before lunch and a ride on one of my personal favorites. Guess what? No lunch pictures. Why, you ask? Well, because if you remember a few updates back (which you probably don't), I decided to be all thrifty and buy sandwiches at Target the night before. In true Sherpa style I managed to get 3 good sized sammies, three drinks, and a canister of Pringles in my bagallini! Impressive, don't you think?

So how where those Target premade sammies. Well, if you must know they were definitely not as good as anything I could have purchased at Sunshine seasons, but our total lunch time was significantly reduced (as was our bill) and that's what I was aiming for.

Let's see if you can figure out where we went next?

Look familiar?

IMG_1493.jpg

How about this?

IMG_1497.jpg

Still not sure?

IMG_1502.jpg

I know you can figure it out now.

IMG_1506.jpg

Ah - Sunlight!

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

I know the sign says all parts are edible, but I'm not entirely convinced.

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

What exactly is a "miracle fruit?"

IMG_1526.jpg

I checked with wiki and here's what they said

Miracle fruit can refer to any of three plants that share the same common name:
Synsepalum dulcificum, source of a berry that increases the perceived sweetness of foods
Gymnema sylvestre, source of an herb that reduces the perceived sweetness of foods
Thaumatococcus daniellii, source of a spice that has an intensely sweet flavor

Who knew?

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

Isn't the same bunch of bananas right outside my room at OKW?

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Who doesn't love a 9 pound lemon?

IMG_1538.jpg

Wait - Living With The Land is decorated for Christmas?

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

I always enjoy LWTL. Since the day was a little chilly, the warm sun felt good.

But now it was time for our Epcot first. I turned to walk towards Figment and both Denny and Nick said, I don't want to go there".

I replied, "Don't worry, we're not". "We are going here........."

d848f0bd.jpg

Yup, that's right. I had never been on Captain EO. In fact, I didn't even know it was back there for a long time.

For those of you who are not familiar with the story line, here's what wiki has to say....

The film tells the story of Captain EO (Michael Jackson) and the ragtag crew of his spaceship on a mission to deliver a gift to "The Supreme Leader", who lives on a world of rotting, twisted metal and steaming vents. Captain EO's alien crew consists of his small flying sidekick Fuzzball, the double-headed navigator and pilot Idey (Debbie Lee Carrington) and Ody (Cindy Sorenson), robotic security officer Major Domo (Gary Depew), a small robot, Minor Domo (who fits like a module into Major Domo), and the clumsy elephant-like shipmate Hooter (Tony Cox) who always manages to upset the crew's missions. Dick Shawn plays Captain EO's boss, Commander Bog.
Upon arriving on the planet, the crew is captured by the henchmen of the Supreme Leader, and brought before her. She sentences the crew to be turned into trash cans, and Captain EO to 100 years of torture in her deepest dungeon. Before being sent away, Captain EO tells the Supreme Leader that he sees the beauty hidden within her, and that he brings her the key to unlock it: his song, "We Are Here to Change the World".

So what did I think?

Hmmmmm........well, I think that people in the 80's were really thin and I now realize why I was never a big fan of the late 70's and early 80's music. It was just "meh". I hope they find something to replace it in the near future. Sorry, Michael - I know you were an icon and all that, but I can think of better ways to do a Michael Jackson tribute.

When we remerged after those 30 minutes I'll never get back, it had turned into a fabulous day. We sat watching the fountains for awhile.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Continued in Next Post........

Continued........

I loved watching the fountains, but I had a hard time capturing the water the way I wanted it to look.

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

I'm glad my family indulged me while I set out on my endless quest to photograph moving water.

IMG_1572.jpg

Hey - Wait - We checked out FP's times and found out it was time for this.

IMG_1575.jpg

Ok, just tell me this. Glenn was it you who took pictures in here? Who was it? Reveal yourself?

IMG_1581.jpg

Entering the heat

IMG_1583.jpg

and the cold

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

Brake test anyone?

IMG_1587.jpg

Seriously, who doesn't have antilock brakes these days?

I really tried to get this picture. Oh well.

IMG_1589.jpg

But I did get this. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

IMG_1590.jpg

Over all ready

IMG_1592.jpg

Look at the girl in the front streaming while we are just sitting there as if to say ho-hum

IMG_1594.jpg

We stopped to take pictures of the cars

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

and the gas mileage

IMG_1597.jpg

No guys, you're not buying a new car today.

IMG_1600.jpg

Now that's the type of gas mileage I'm talking about

IMG_1601.jpg

Whatever this car was called it was a 6 speed

IMG_1604.jpg

This must have been the sticker for some type of electric car

IMG_1605.jpg

In the dump shop

IMG_1608.jpg

Continued.............

Continued..........

Back outside

IMG_1609.jpg

we hit club cool and tried the Beverly! (not)

IMG_1610.jpg

We also did a little cruise through Mouse Gears so Nick could look for a souvie for his GF

And then we called it a day. It was our last full day in Florida and we decided we needed some pool / hot tub time.

On the way out

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

The PP photographer did warn me there would be a ton of sun glare in this picture. He was right and no amount of editing would take it out.

IMG_1626.jpg

Of course, someone was hungry and needed a little snack.

IMG_1627.jpg

This kiosk is almost outside of the park and I have to say that it has the best pastries. They were huge and the prices were reasonable. They do NOT take the dining plan. But for now on if I want a snack at Epcot I am stopping here.

By Epcot. We hate to leave, but the pool and an adult beverate is calling and we'll be back tomorrow.

Up Next.......The gurgling suitcase and the Osbourne lights!

As you learned you weren't missing much not having seen Captain Eo. Back in the 80's though, it was way cool :cool2: Dale and I were in college when we first saw it and found it awesome. Now we find it a nice place to nap and Caitlin loves it :laughing:

I really like the family pic at the back of Spaceship Earth :)

You didn't tell us, what did Nick choose for his gf?

At first I thought the "never done" was Living with the Land. (Which I've never done.
ashamed0001.gif
)

Now Captain EO I've done....back in the '80's. Enough time has not yet passed to get me to try it again. :rotfl2:

Yes, I've taken pictures on Test Track. I'm not usually too successful with the inside shots, but I like the sense of motion in this one:

img_1278.jpg

Does your son like Lehigh? I know its a good school and we go right by it whenever we go to see my DH's mom. My younger son will be applying to college next year so its always good to have some recommendations. :thumbsup2

After I booked our flights I learned that air tran won't be flying out of ABE after August.

He really loves Lehigh. He is a sophomore Engineering major and it has been a wonderful school for him. Truly a perfect fit. Please feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions.

Younger DS is also a junior. Not sure if I am ready for the whole application process again!

Too bad about the flights...at least for future info though.

A Captain EO. Jeff HAD to see that on our last trip. I think the E's were just really really confused. I'd actually never seen it, not sure how I missed it in the 80's but I did. The whole thing was just weird. But interesting. Worthy of a permanent exhibit? No.

Enjoying the fountain pictures!

As you learned you weren't missing much not having seen Captain Eo.

:rotfl: Yeah. I totally missed Captain EO in the 80's. I guess I was not that into Michael Jackson at the time.

Back in the 80's though, it was way cool :cool2: Dale and I were in college when we first saw it and found it awesome. Now we find it a nice place to nap and Caitlin loves it :laughing:

Napping is good. Cool that Caitlin likes it because it really is retro in my opinion. It doesn't make much sense to me either. :rolleyes1

I really like the family pic at the back of Spaceship Earth :)

Thanks. The park was crowded, but we did good finding the pp guys!

You didn't tell us, what did Nick choose for his gf?

That is because my thrifty son did not decide until the next day what he wanted to get for his GF. And let me tell you, he definitely did NOT break the bank. I guess he was saving up for Christmas. Actually, he has always been very generous with me and bought me a little vera bradley for Christmas this year. :goodvibes

At first I thought the "never done" was Living with the Land. (Which I've never done.
ashamed0001.gif
)

I can't believe you have never done LWTT. That's a classic. Are you sure you haven't done it? Maybe you forgot! :rotfl: You better get yourself on there this summer. And you call yourself a DISer. pftt! :lmao:

Now Captain EO I've done....back in the '80's. Enough time has not yet passed to get me to try it again. :rotfl2:

If I had seen it in the 80's I probably would not have steered the boys in that direction. :rolleyes1

Yes, I've taken pictures on Test Track. I'm not usually too successful with the inside shots, but I like the sense of motion in this one:

img_1278.jpg

That's a great shot and I feel better knowing that I was not entirely forgetful about where you have taken Epcot pictures. I still wish I knew you took the Soarin pictures. :confused3

He really loves Lehigh. He is a sophomore Engineering major and it has been a wonderful school for him. Truly a perfect fit. Please feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions.

That's great to hear. I really want Nick to be an engineering major but as of right now he wants to be a math major. :faint: The only advantage to that is he wants to play soccer and most of the schools where he can play soccer don't have engineering programs. I was just telling another DISer that he will end up with a list of "soccer" schools and larger,more academic schools.

It's great that your son found a school that he loves. It must be really hard for kids that don't get engaged in the school they pick.

Younger DS is also a junior. Not sure if I am ready for the whole application process again!

I hear ya about the application process. My older son is a freshman at Salisbury University and I am thankful I had a year off in between. It's stressful and a lot of work.

Too bad about the flights...at least for future info though.

I actually think its kind of cool I will be flying one of Air Tran's last flights out of ABE. I'll make sure I take lots of pics for the TR (not like I wouldn't anyway. :rotfl:)

A Captain EO. Jeff HAD to see that on our last trip. I think the E's were just really really confused. I'd actually never seen it, not sure how I missed it in the 80's but I did. The whole thing was just weird. But interesting. Worthy of a permanent exhibit? No.

I completely missed it in the 80's too! :rotfl: What does that say about us? :confused3

I don't blame the E's for being confused. The whole premise of the film was just weird - very 80's,

Enjoying the fountain pictures!

There were so many people by the fountains that I had a terrible time taking pictures. Still, I enjoyed my fountain time. I love to watch how the water shoots out of those holes so randomly. It's cool!

Oh...Captain EO... I did see it the first time around, back in the 80s and didn't remember much about it when we took Max to it last year. And horrified him. Angelica Huston is unbelievably scary. And the whole thing is just... oh... its terrible! :lmao:

I love how in the PP behind SE, your outfit perfect coordinates with the holiday decorations!

Oh...Captain EO... I did see it the first time around, back in the 80s and didn't remember much about it when we took Max to it last year. And horrified him. Angelica Huston is unbelievably scary. And the whole thing is just... oh... its terrible! :lmao:

Poor Max. OMG. Your reaction is so NOT sugar coated. I was trying to be neutral, but that's exactly how I felt about it. Sometimes I can't believe I grew up when I did because there is so much about the 70's and 80's that is still just so weird to me. :rotfl2:

I love how in the PP behind SE, your outfit perfect coordinates with the holiday decorations!

I planned that. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter