Why not Free Popcorn for Movies??

We have always taken snacks in with no issues until our last cruise on the Fantasy (Christmas 2015). As we were walking in, a CM told us we could not bring our fries in the Buena Vista Theater and while I was trying to get my kids to hand the plate off to me so I could take it out of the theater while they got seats she came over and said it again. I figured it was a new policy.

I would have just gone to a different floor and gone on in. They can't watch all 4 doors. :D

I told my girls we'd get popcorn once but we were always way too full on dinner or lunch or whatever. Was never even tempted.

More Power to you guy. Cabanas, are just a bit over the top for us. Our next one is next March on the FANTASY again. All the family is going, including the brothers and their families!

AKK
My sister and family will be joining us on ours.... Disney really should hook people up that facilitate 1st time cruisers. This will be out 4th family going because of us......

On the couple cruises mentioned on other lines that had free popcorn, did they actually have a real movie theatre on board. On a carnival ship once, they had a movie day - went to the lounge and wow "a tv" set and "vcr" tape. Exciting - of course, the crowd was rather small as well. Not like the state of the art, 3-D movies on the Disney Ships. I guess what I am saying is do the other ships give away a few bags of popcorn vs. how much would be needed to feed the mass number of folks in the Walt Disney Theatre or Buena Vista theatres??? The cost is cheap but could they really keep popping enough to keep up with demand? But yes, free popcorn would be nice.
On Carnival, in our experience, they offer the popcorn outside when movies are on the jumbo screen. And if I am remembering correctly, Royal does the same. We cruise them next. But honestly, popcorn is incredibly easy to make. We make it at church every summer when we do a series on summer blockbusters. And yes, you have to clean it up, but good heavens--I hope they are cleaning anyway. For what you pay for a Disney cruise, I can't believe people are suggesting that free popcorn (free! Ha! I mean, included) is unreasonable. Especially when the "nickel and diming" cruise lines provide it. But whatever. DCL can charge for it if they want. It just seems cheap.

On Carnival, in our experience, they offer the popcorn outside when movies are on the jumbo screen. And if I am remembering correctly, Royal does the same. We cruise them next. But honestly, popcorn is incredibly easy to make. We make it at church every summer when we do a series on summer blockbusters. And yes, you have to clean it up, but good heavens--I hope they are cleaning anyway. For what you pay for a Disney cruise, I can't believe people are suggesting that free popcorn (free! Ha! I mean, included) is unreasonable. Especially when the "nickel and diming" cruise lines provide it. But whatever. DCL can charge for it if they want. It just seems cheap.
I'm retired from a bank and we used to make it to give out on days when we knew it was going to be busy, like at the end of the month. Even with renting a popcorn maker it was cheap cheap cheap and made everyone feel like they were getting something for nothing. Made them forget that they were waiting in line for 10/15/20 minutes. It was a great marketing tool.
DCL would be smart to give it away, it costs pennies and they look like hero's. But no, lets add it to the list of money makers. They could always include it and up the cost of the cruise to pay for it. lol.

We have always taken snacks in with no issues until our last cruise on the Fantasy (Christmas 2015). As we were walking in, a CM told us we could not bring our fries in the Buena Vista Theater and while I was trying to get my kids to hand the plate off to me so I could take it out of the theater while they got seats she came over and said it again. I figured it was a new policy.
To avoid any CM concerns, a discrete option might include chicken fingers and fries in opaque bags (brought from home for that purpose)... easy and un-messy...in both theaters...just an option...not saying I've done this...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter