Why is Hertz @ Amtrak station so $$$??

goldcupmom

<font color=black>BL6 Black Team Co-captain<br> <f
I am coming in on Amtrak in June and the car prices for Hertz are outrageous. Last year we did Hertz , pickup at HRH, and it was High, but this year is ridiculous. Full size car for 8 days is almost $450 and that doesn't include the 2nd driver charge. I now have booked same car w/ Alamo picking up at MCO for $180 incl 2nd driver & taxes/fees. Any suggestions w/ Hertz? It really would be more convenient if I could just pick up at the Amtrak station.

TIA

You are booking with a Hertz "local edition" and they don't always honor sales and/or corporate rates. Plus they have less cars so you could be hitting a shortage which allows them to raise the rates.

Funny you bring this up. I was looking at this myself today. I have done it the past few years and used Hertz. It seems a bit more this year than before. I was comparing their prices to National in the car care center and they are about $120 more for a weekly plus 3 days (they charge me for a full day to bring it back 4 hours later than the time of day i picked it up) and this is using AAA discount on their site. I tried some other discounts from www.bnm.com and they came out a little more.

Their daily rate is a lot more compared to others.

But, when comparing, I need to see how much the transportation would be to get to the national car rental place in disney. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to transport 2 people from Amtrak in downtown Orlando?

-Chris

njchris, amtrak also has a stop in kissimmee which is closer to disney than Downtown Orlando.

dtsaos said:
njchris, amtrak also has a stop in kissimmee which is closer to disney than Downtown Orlando.

Oh, that's good. Any word on how much car transport would be from there??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter