Why is everyone up in arms about Starbucks?

I've heard that they are keeping it as the Main Street Bakery, just selling Starbucks items.

:thumbsup2 That's my *peeve* too! It's always where we get our MK *fix* of cinnamon roll first thing - some changes are hard for me - could care less if they serve Starbucks also (it's too burned for me anyway). :goodvibes

After looking at the sites mentioned above, I'm even more convinced that the *interior* will be *more like Starbucks*, less like MSB even if they *do* keep the name. The DL one says serving all your favorite SB coffees/drinks, pastries, and also some Disney favorites! The *focus* will be on SB. Also, seems to be more extensive menu - like a cafe.

Being as they are closing to refurb, I'm pretty sure it will not have the charm of an old fashioned bakery as it does now, but a more modern *look* if the DL location interior is any indication.

Oh, well, just adding my 2 cents, they will do what they do!!

Keep in mind that Buena Vista Street (location of DL "Starbucks") and Main Street MK are not themed to the same time period.

:thumbsup2 That's my *peeve* too! It's always where we get our MK *fix* of cinnamon roll first thing - some changes are hard for me - could care less if they serve Starbucks also (it's too burned for me anyway). :goodvibes

After looking at the sites mentioned above, I'm even more convinced that the *interior* will be *more like Starbucks*, less like MSB even if they *do* keep the name. The DL one says serving all your favorite SB coffees/drinks, pastries, and also some Disney favorites! The *focus* will be on SB. Also, seems to be more extensive menu - like a cafe.

Being as they are closing to refurb, I'm pretty sure it will not have the charm of an old fashioned bakery as it does now, but a more modern *look* if the DL location interior is any indication.

Oh, well, just adding my 2 cents, they will do what they do!!

They have already stated that it will keep the early 20th century theme. The location in DCA fits the theme there. The two locations are not going to look alike.

A little off topic, but a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?

Based on the number of people who love Starbucks coffee, I would expect Main Street Bakery to be jam-packed most of the time after the refurb. I wonder if they've considered having two coffee bar areas in there to handle the volume?

A little off topic, but a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?

Based on the number of people who love Starbucks coffee, I would expect Main Street Bakery to be jam-packed most of the time after the refurb. I wonder if they've considered having two coffee bar areas in there to handle the volume?

MSB is almost *always* jam packed every time we go already :eek:

I'm not a Disneyland regular but I don't think it's hard to give a straight answer on this question.

There are a LOT more people visiting the DCA park in general so all the establishments should show an increase in traffic.

The change is obvious and not everyone feels it is well justified. Addition of the coffee is a great idea but changing current place so much for that is overkill. I do not care if name stays, decor and menu changes, it is a bit too much, IMO. And I actually love SB but not like that.

There is always a line out the door of MSB right now! That's part of the reason for the refurb, because the bakery is currently so poorly designed that the line takes forever. They're redoing the inside not because Starbucks wants it redone, but because they need a better system as it is.

In fact, I would expect that the MSB line will become shorter after Starbucks shows up there.

Really, OP? ANOTHER thread on the sad Starbucks/MSB saga? 'Cause there weren't enough already? Maybe the Search function on your screen is broken? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!:headache:

Really, OP? ANOTHER thread on the sad Starbucks/MSB saga? 'Cause there weren't enough already? Maybe the Search function on your screen is broken? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!:headache:

Yea these posts are getting crazy. I was up in arms too about the change, because the way it was stated! MSB replaced by Starbucks, but from what I have read and heard its basically MSB servicing Starbucks, thats much better!! Thats they way it needs to be. Lets just calm down, me included, and wait ans see the ACTUAL results instead of spreading rumors and causing forum trouble. :rotfl:

a question for Disneyland regulars: has traffic picked up substantially at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe since Starbucks added its presence?

According to my friends from out there, the place is selling like mad.

I haven't been to the bakery in awhile because it usually has lines out the door anyway.

Yea these posts are getting crazy. I was up in arms too about the change, because the way it was stated! MSB replaced by Starbucks, but from what I have read and heard its basically MSB servicing Starbucks, thats much better!! Thats they way it needs to be. Lets just calm down, me included, and wait ans see the ACTUAL results instead of spreading rumors and causing forum trouble. :rotfl:

Multiple threads on the same subject is no skin off my nose - I don't have to read it if I don't want to. The only issue is wasted bandwith..... ;)

Hard to say about traffic since it just opened, there wasn't a bakery there before. When I was there at the end of September, the lines were not real long but they were slow.

The one at DCA has 2 sides to order to better handle the crowds. That is probably why MSB is going to be closed for renovations, they have to change the layout. Starbucks is made to order, customized if you want. DCA works like a regular Starbucks, you go up to the cash register, order, pay, they make your drink and you pick it up at the end of the counter. Anything from the bakery case is handed to you at the register. The bakery case is in the middle between the 2 lines.

I mean, I keep hearing about not wanting a Starbucks in DW. Not sure I get that. Many have expressed their dislike for a corporate entity there, blah blah. This makes absolutely NO sense at all.

First of all, Disney is about the most corporate corporation out there. I guess that's missed on everyone.

Second, Disney has other corporation names throughout DW as they get sponsors for most attractions. Not like we don't see other corporation names throughout DW.

And let's not forget there used to be McDonald's fries in MK (I believe in Frontierland if I remember correctly). Also had a McDonalds in AK for many years. So it's not like it's a new thing.

I don't drink coffee but my wife does and her one big complaint about DW is the horrible coffee there. So they'll (at least) have good coffee--if you like Starbucks that is.

Anyway, with all of the things worth complaining about I think this one makes the least sense.

hmm...i don't know...maybe its because i/we spend a lot of money to go to WDW and experience things which are uniquely Disney- not spend a whole lot of money for something most can get in their car and drive five minutes to experience/purchase...

we spend a lot of money to go to WDW and experience things which are uniquely Disney

I don't get this, the coffee served there isn't Disney. it's Nescafe. I see guests saying Disney should produce their own coffee. I can't say it would be good coffee if they did that.

There are a lot of food vendors and restaurants at WDW that are operated by third parties on a contract with Disney. This is no different.

You read the subject line, you clicked on the thread and read it. You complained when all the discussion on this was in the theme parks board and made a new thread demanding that all MSB talk be moved here to restaurants board. Even after that was done, you still complain about the threads on this subject in this board? You will have to accept that this will be the topic du jour until the next big announcement.

Deal with it.

You read the subject line, you clicked on the thread and read it. You complained when all the discussion on this was in the theme parks board and made a new thread demanding that all MSB talk be moved here to restaurants board. Even after that was done, you still complain about the threads on this subject in this board? You will have to accept that this will be the topic du jour until the next big announcement.

Deal with it.

This thread was not on the restaurant board when the poster replied to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!