Why have more than one deed??

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

Okay, I am new @ this, but why have more deeds than one? Is it for more points or more choice when you make a reservation? Can't we all go where we want if its available?? Thanks!

Allison BCV 6/03

I am fairly new at this too but were goes,
The advantages of having more than one deed.
You can only book 11 months in advance for your Home "deed"
You can only book 7 months in adance if you don't "own" that resort.
The chances of getting when you want are a lot better at the 11 month window.
More flexability because you can sell a part of your points without selling them all.
A deed of 150 points is easier to sell than one large one of say 400. You may never need or want to sell but the option is there you have to remember this is a 40 year commitment.
How did I do?

Very good explanation. For example, we have 175 points at VWL, and 100 points at BCV. I can make reservations 11 mos. ahead at VWL using up to 175 pts. or at BCV, using up to 100 pts. But at 7 mos., I can make reservations anywhere using whatever I have of the 275 total.

Also, along with the other reasons already given, we bought the minimum amount of points and payed cash. When any extra money became available we would purchase add-ons. This allowed us to see how many points we would need. Currently at 300 points. I see us buying one more add-on for 100 points (though like everyone says you never have enough points).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts