Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

Congrats on losing 10 pounds in June, that's awesome!! And yay for race registration :) I'm also signed up for Glass Slipper Challenge for 2016!

Joining in. You had me at drinking. So jealous about F&W, not sure when I'll ever get to do it since my wife works in education. If you see Smashmouth, make sure you ask them "hey, didn't you used to be Smashmouth?"

Thank you for joining in! Hopefully one day you can make it to F&W, especially if you can get a long weekend for some holidays or something one year! My husband works in retail so there are certain times of the year that are very difficult for us to go (he's pretty much out for all of the Christmas times at Disney + Tax Holidays which sucks as December is when I get 2 weeks off straight at work during the Holiday season) Aww - that would be so mean to ask Smashmouth that ;)

I got the email from Flying Fish about their wine dinners and was sad that we aren't going during that time this year, but next year hopefully we can squeeze one in!

I hope you get into the Chew tapings. We watch that show often, not every day, but we DVR it and it's a fun show, I would love to be in the audience for it!

I saw the Family Culinary Adventure on the blog. I was wondering if everyone had to participate. I would love to do it, but Fran would not be able to stand and do all the tasks required to fully participate, but I'm sure she would love to partake in the meals. Please post about it if you do it, I'm thinking where I could add it for my December trip!

I hope you can get that way next year as well! You do have some nice travel plans the end of this year though! I hope I get into one of the tapings as well. We've watched the show on occasion and I remember when Carla was on Top Chef & she was my favorite that season. We're undecided on the Family Culinary Adventure - at least until the full list for F&W comes out. We'll make that decision soon enough as I'm sure after the preview lunch on the 12th, we'll get some more info out!

Wow, the Flying Fish dinners look great. Enjoy!

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

The Flying Fish dinners we've gone to have been amazing. My husband is upset we are missing the Champagne dinner again this year as he still talks about that one! Provided I don't over indulge on my birthday - I'm starting off July with a good trend as well. I'm glad its finally working after having all those frustrating months.

Congrats on losing 10 pounds in June, that's awesome!! And yay for race registration :) I'm also signed up for Glass Slipper Challenge for 2016!

Thanks! I was really happy when I saw that number on the scale! Yay for getting in for the Glass Slipper as well! It seemed that registration went so quickly! I was glad I was able to get both of us through that quickly. It was a nice sigh of relief especially as it was a super busy day at work and it didn't add anymore stress to it. Have you decided where you are staying for Glass Slipper? We're just staying at AKV since VGF was taken and I don't feel like dealing with changing resorts at 7 months.

Thanks! I was really happy when I saw that number on the scale! Yay for getting in for the Glass Slipper as well! It seemed that registration went so quickly! I was glad I was able to get both of us through that quickly. It was a nice sigh of relief especially as it was a super busy day at work and it didn't add anymore stress to it. Have you decided where you are staying for Glass Slipper? We're just staying at AKV since VGF was taken and I don't feel like dealing with changing resorts at 7 months.

I know, I think it was only about 5 minutes before the GSC registration changed to "on hold." I was so relieved to get it done! We are going as cheap as possible and staying at All Star Movies lol. We are doing the Disney Dream right after race weekend so we want to save money to spend on cruise stuff! It will be our first time doing DCL. Also, my annual pass expires in October and I'm not renewing it so when we're there for race weekend we're going to explore non-park stuff since we won't have tickets. It didn't seem to make sense to buy park tickets when we're only there for a couple of days and it wouldn't even be full days in the parks since I race in the morning, then need to shower and nap lol.

I know, I think it was only about 5 minutes before the GSC registration changed to "on hold." I was so relieved to get it done! We are going as cheap as possible and staying at All Star Movies lol. We are doing the Disney Dream right after race weekend so we want to save money to spend on cruise stuff! It will be our first time doing DCL. Also, my annual pass expires in October and I'm not renewing it so when we're there for race weekend we're going to explore non-park stuff since we won't have tickets. It didn't seem to make sense to buy park tickets when we're only there for a couple of days and it wouldn't even be full days in the parks since I race in the morning, then need to shower and nap lol.

I'm glad you were able to get in during those first few minutes! DCL is great! It is such a relaxing vacation that still has Disney attached to it. We've loved all the ones we've done! I think there is enough non-park stuff to keep entertained especially with the races going on! Nothing wrong with staying at ASMo if its to be a cheap trip. I've done that too before! It seems like they keep adding more stuff to Disney Springs that it can take a nice amount of time too!

Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences Wish List

Today was the preview luncheon for the 2015 Food & Wine Festival! That means that the special event list is out. The list will be posted on epcotfoodfestival.com on July 15th!

Based on the events - here's what we are debating between prior to booking on July 30th.

What's Cookin with... -- Begin the day with a delightful, plated brunch and a sparkling wine toast. A celebrated culinary guest will demonstrate a favorite dish and then sit down with the event emcee to answer questions from the audience and share the secret ingredients of their success.

WHERE: Festival Welcome Center, Chef's Showplace
WHEN: Fridays and Sundays, 10 a.m. - noon.
PRICE: $129 per person, plus tax, gratuity included

October 2: Amanda Freitag
October 4: Bryan Voltaggio
October 9: Jamie Deen
November 6: Buddy Valastro

Italian Food, Wine and Beer Pairing -- For the first time, Via Napoli will host a pairing of five Italian food courses with both beer and wine. All beverages have been selected by the chef to complement the style of authentic Italian dishes.

WHERE: Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria in Italy pavilion at Epcot
WHEN: Tuesdays, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
PRICE: $88 per person plus tax, gratuity included

French Family Meal Traditions -- For the past few years our team from Monsieur Paul has been delighting you with delicious French Regional Lunches. This year, take a trip back home where each week one of our chefs will prepare a favorite meal from their childhood.

WHERE: Monsieur Paul, France pavilion in Epcot
WHEN: Select Fridays and Sundays from noon to 3:30 p.m.
PRICE: $95 per person plus tax, gratuity included

The Parisian Afternoon, Sandwiches, Macarons and Bubbles! - Relax and recharge with an assortment of finger sandwiches and savory mignardises, followed by an assortment of petits fours and macarons, all with unlimited mimosas.

WHERE: Monsieur Paul, France pavilion in Epcot
WHEN: Select Saturdays, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
PRICE: $55 per person plus tax, gratuity included

Hibachi Experience
-- Guests are treated to a memorable and interactive experience showcasing six courses with one featuring Wagyu beef prepared at your table by Teppan chefs. Each course will demonstrate comparative cooking techniques or ingredients all while spotlighting the art of Japanese Teppan cooking. Specially selected sake will compliment each course.

WHERE: Teppan Edo, Nihonbashi Dining Room, Japan pavilion in Epcot
WHEN: Tuesdays, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
PRICE: $150 per person plus tax, gratuity included.

Japanese Craft Beer Tasting -- Izakaya style sampling featuring a selection of 6 Japanese craft beers paired with with sixe Japanese foods in an outdoor deck setting.

WHERE: Teppan Edo, Nihonbashi Dining Room, Japan pavilion in Epcot
WHEN: Select Wednesdays, 1 - 2 p.m.
PRICE: $40 per person plus tax, gratuity included.

Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining (more than 20 dinners throughout the festival; prices vary) -- Signature restaurants welcome you to a memorable meal. The resident chef will prepare a magnificent culinary experience as a hosting winery presents the accompanying wines for each dinner.

10/1 The BOATHOUSE 11:30 a.m. $125 Robert Getchell
10/1 Yachtsman Steakhouse 5 p.m. $219 Don Sicilia
10/1 Jiko 6 p.m. $199 David Njoroge
10/1 Flying Fish Cafe 6 p.m. $189 Tim Keating
10/7 Trattoria al Forno 12:30 p.m. $119 Christian Rumpler
10/8 California Grill 6 p.m. $299 Brian Piasecki
10/8 Hollywood Brown Derby 6 p.m. $189 Craig Schleider
10/8 Flying Fish Cafe 6 p.m. $189 Tim Keating
11/5 Flying Fish Cafe 6 p.m. $189 Tim Keating
11/5 Portobello 6:30 p.m. $100 Tony Mantuano
11/5 Trattoria al Forno 8 p.m. $159 Christian Rumpler
11/7 Artist Point 11:30 a.m. $189 Michael Gonsalvez
11/7 Narcoossee's noon $189 Michael Bersell

Rockin' Burger Block Party -
This food and drink event invites you to dine on a mouth-watering menu featuring burgers and party to some of the best music of the century. Dance the night away while tasting specialty sliders created by Disney chefs. Burgers are inspired by recording artists who have left their mark on the beverage world. Enjoy drinks affiliated with top names in the music industry as DJs spin their best tracks.

WHERE: World ShowPlace
WHEN: September 25, October 8* and November 6, 7 - 9 p.m.

Category 1: Nosh Pit Seating -- Block Party VIP style! includes private reserved table, entrance into World Showplace at 6:45 p.m., specialty cocktail toast, premium bar, and more. Limited availability.

$199 per person, plus tax, gratuity included

Category 2: Reserved Seating -- reserved table on the main floor, entrance into World ShowPlace at 6:45 p.m. and a specialty cocktail toast. Limited availability.

$119 per person, plus tax, gratuity included

Category 3: General admission. Limited seating is available.

Price: $99 per person, plus tax, gratuity included

Now I'm off to decide what we're going to do for our plan of attack.​

Following along, glad I found your PTR! I'm happy to hear that your Flying Fish signature dinners have all been good, I'm seriously considering the dinner on Oct. 1st!

The French family meal traditions sounds amazing as well - I might have to do that if they offer it on Oct. 2nd, though 3.5 hours on my last day before I fly home that evening is a lot of time to devote to a meal. But I bet it's going to be heavenly!

All of those events sound great! I wish that I was going this year!

There seems to be a lot less events than I thought there would be for the 20th anniversary of the festival. I was hoping that some of the events from the past would come back, but sadly I didn't. I still have a fair amount of money we are planning on spending though!

Following along, glad I found your PTR! I'm happy to hear that your Flying Fish signature dinners have all been good, I'm seriously considering the dinner on Oct. 1st!

The French family meal traditions sounds amazing as well - I might have to do that if they offer it on Oct. 2nd, though 3.5 hours on my last day before I fly home that evening is a lot of time to devote to a meal. But I bet it's going to be heavenly!

I would totally do the dinner at Flying Fish if you can afford it! We are going to end up skipping doing it this year to go to someplace else (although it is a back up if we can't get in to our 1st choice)

I had mixed feelings about the Frunches in the past but some of that is because I didn't like the type of food being served but the amount of alcohol they had made it very worth it! I would devote the time to the meal if you are willing to give up the park time! We can't do all day in the parks anymore so we like to be able to enjoy our events and not feel rushed though.

The Parisian Afternoon with unlimited mimosas sounds divine!

It does! It makes me excited about this new event!

Food & Wine Festival - Special Event Debate & Itinerary Changes

After the list of the special events came out on July 12th, I went through the list originally to look at our schedule and discuss items with my husband. His request was to only do 1 special event per day as he feels it is too much when we have done two events on the same day in the past. I kept that in mind as we went through the selections on what would work for us.

Trip #1
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015

4:00PM: Leave Work
5:00PM: Drop Dogs Off At Kennel
6:00PM: Finish Packing

Thursday, October 1st, 2015
7:30PM: Arrive at Animal Kingdom Lodge
9:00PM - Dinner @ Jiko

Friday, October 2nd, 2015
9:00AM: EPCOT Opens
10:00AM - Amanda Freitag What’s Cooking With…($129)
12:00PM: F&W Booths
2:00PM: Head back to AKL
6:00PM: Dinner @ Citricos

Saturday, October 3rd, 2015
9:00AM: Animal Kingdom Opens
11:00AM: Lunch @ Yak & Yeti
1:30PM: Parisian Afternoon ($55) (Back Up Date)
6:05PM: Dinner @ Yachtsman

Sunday, October 4th, 2015
9:00AM: Hollywood Studios Opens
12:10PM - Hollywood Brown Derby
2:30PM: Back to Hotel
7:00PM: Dinner @ Morimoto Asia

Monday, October 5th, 2015
7:35AM - ‘Ohana
9:00AM: Magic Kingdom Opens
12:00PM: Lunch @ Counter Service in Magic Kingdom
7:00PM: Dinner @ Narcoossee’s

Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
9:00AM: Hollywood Studios Opens
12:00PM: Walk to EPCOT
1:30PM: Italian Food & Beer Pairing ($88) (Back Up if No Hibachi)
4:30PM: Hibachi Experience ($150)

Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
1:00PM - Japanese Craft Beer Tasting ($40)
5:30PM - Boathouse

Thursday, October 8th, 2015
9:00AM: EPCOT Opens
...Enjoy Future World
...Enjoy some more booths for lunch
1:00PM: Head back to hotel
6:00PM: Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining - California Grill ($299)
Back Up - Hollywood Brown Derby ($189)
Back Up - Flying Fish ($189)

Friday, October 9th, 2015
9:00AM: Magic Kingdom Opens
5:50PM - Be Our Guest

Saturday, October 10th, 2015
Open Plan Day
1:30PM: Parisian Afternoon ($55)
6:30PM: Sanaa

Sunday, October 11th, 2015
7:30AM: Wake Up & Leave Hotel
10:30AM: Pick Up Puppies
11:30AM: Home

Trip #2
Thursday, November 5th, 2015
5:00PM: Drop Off Puppies @ Kennel

Friday, November 6th, 2015
9:00AM - EPCOT Opens
10:00AM - Buddy Valastro - What’s Cooking With…($129)
12:30PM - Head to Wine & Dine Expo
...Pick Up Bibs
...KT Tape
...Shop
3:00PM - Head back to Beach Club
4:30PM - Tutto Italia (Possible to change)
6:30PM - Rockin’ Burger Block Party - Reserved Seating ($119) (Back Up if No Buddy)

Saturday, November 7th, 2015
5:00AM: Wake Up & Head to Animal Kingdom
7:00AM: Jingle Jungle 5K for both of us (oops!)
...thanks to my mistake with having him signed up too, he'll be doing this race at my slow pace & we will be taking character photos as he doesn't want to entirely kill himself for the night race
9:35AM - Captain’s Grill
...As I have the signature lunch, I’m not planning on eating more than probably some bacon and something carb like. My husband will need some decent food prior to the Half so he’ll be able to get an omelet or scrambled eggs prior to heading to the room to relax.
10:30AM - Clean Up from 5K

Dis_Yoda's Plans:
11:00AM - Taxi to Grand Floridian
12:00PM - Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining - Narcoossee’s ($189)
Back Up: 11:30AM - Artist Point ($189)
...Take Taxi back to hotel as I know I’ll be drunk
8:00PM: Enjoy Finish Line Party
...stalk husband’s splits on cell phone
...take photos with rare characters
...be at finish line for when husband crosses

Mr. Dis_Yoda’s Plans:
11:00AM - Relax
6:30PM: Eat Bagel w/ Peanut Butter or Turkey plus a banana
7:45PM: Bus to Wide World of Sports for Race
10:00PM: Wine & Dine Half Starts
11:45PM: Finish Race (He is speedy)

Sunday, November 8th, 2015
2:00AM: Walk back to hotel
8:00AM: Wake Up & Head Home
11:00AM: Pick Up Puppies​

Booking List Priority:
  • Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining - California Grill ($299) Thursday October 8th 6:00PM
  • What’s Cooking With - Buddy Valastro ($129) Friday November 6th 10:00AM
  • Hibachi Experience - Tuesday October 6th ($150) 4:30PM
  • Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining - Narcoossee’s ($189) Saturday November 7th 12:00PM
  • What’s Cooking With - Amanda Frietag ($129) Friday October 2nd 10:00AM
  • Parisian Afternoon - ($55) - Saturday October 10th (3rd as back up)
  • Japanese Craft Beer Tasting ($40) - Wednesday October 7th

Your plans sound great! I love the plans for the first trip. I wish that they would release a menu for Morimoto Asia, I googled and can't seen to find one. I might substitute one of my December restaurants for that!

Oooops on the booking your husband into two races in one day! Good thing he is resilient! You have some good plans while he prepares for the race!

Wow, you have some awesome F&W events...looks like so much fun. I wish I could go often enough to be able to do more of that stuff! I will just have to live vicariously here on the DIS lol

We will be attending our first F&W on Sept 29-Oct 5th. I can't seem to find any information regarding the French Pairing events. Is it published on the F&W area of the disney website? We would love to do the Tutto Gusto Italian pairing and the French Family Meal Traditions. We returned from an amazing trip to Europe a couple of months ago and that longing for Italy and France is what prompted this trip in the first place!

I so wish The Chew folks were coming earlier in the week....I absolutely LOVE Carla!

All your planned events sound great! Especially jealous of you getting to see Amanda Freitag.

The Culinary Adventures thing, that's new, right? And not tied to F&W, just a new special thing you can book? I thought I read about it somewhere, but thought it was limited to Contemporary. Sounds really cool.

When does the booking for the events actually open? Not that it matters at all for me, but I can live vicariously and hope that you get all your events and send good vibes in your direction (even though I will probably be asleep at the time.)

Your plans sound great! I love the plans for the first trip. I wish that they would release a menu for Morimoto Asia, I googled and can't seen to find one. I might substitute one of my December restaurants for that!

Oooops on the booking your husband into two races in one day! Good thing he is resilient! You have some good plans while he prepares for the race!

I hope they release a menu too! I actually hope it is open in time for our October Trip but worst case, I figure out something last minute on where to eat.

At least my husband has the fitness level to handle it (although I was traveling for business this week & I think all he ate for dinner was a combination of Skittles, Twizzlers and Ice Cream most days so its no wonder why his long run didn't go well on Thursday)

Wow, you have some awesome F&W events...looks like so much fun. I wish I could go often enough to be able to do more of that stuff! I will just have to live vicariously here on the DIS lol

I hope I get them all! Next week is going to fun trying to get them all between the 28th and 30th!

We will be attending our first F&W on Sept 29-Oct 5th. I can't seem to find any information regarding the French Pairing events. Is it published on the F&W area of the disney website? We would love to do the Tutto Gusto Italian pairing and the French Family Meal Traditions. We returned from an amazing trip to Europe a couple of months ago and that longing for Italy and France is what prompted this trip in the first place!

I so wish The Chew folks were coming earlier in the week....I absolutely LOVE Carla!

I don't think the French Pairing events have been published on the F&W area on the disney website. I saw the information on the disneyfoodblog and all ears. Hopefully it gets updated on the Disney Website before the 30th. Tutto Gusto & French Meals are good choices! I hope you decide to do them.

I loved Carla from back in Top Chef days! I felt so bad when she ended up losing that season!

All your planned events sound great! Especially jealous of you getting to see Amanda Freitag.

The Culinary Adventures thing, that's new, right? And not tied to F&W, just a new special thing you can book? I thought I read about it somewhere, but thought it was limited to Contemporary. Sounds really cool.

The Culinary Adventures thing is new. Its not tied to F&W just something they started doing at the Contemporary. As the first trip is focused on food, I figured it could be something fun to do. I'm not going to worry about trying to book it until after I see which Special Events I get for F&W.

When does the booking for the events actually open? Not that it matters at all for me, but I can live vicariously and hope that you get all your events and send good vibes in your direction (even though I will probably be asleep at the time.)

For Disney Chase Members it opens on July 28th. For everyone its on the 30th. I'm going to try to book what I can on the 28th and hopefully just get what I didn't get on the 28th, on the 30th as not all the events will have the availability most likely. I purposely paid off the chase card early so that I could do the early booking.

Based on the events - here's what we are debating between prior to booking on July 30th.

What's Cookin with... -- Begin the day with a delightful, plated brunch and a sparkling wine toast. A celebrated culinary guest will demonstrate a favorite dish and then sit down with the event emcee to answer questions from the audience and share the secret ingredients of their success.

WHERE: Festival Welcome Center, Chef's Showplace
WHEN: Fridays and Sundays, 10 a.m. - noon.
PRICE: $129 per person, plus tax, gratuity included

October 2: Amanda Freitag
October 4: Bryan Voltaggio

Now I'm off to decide what we're going to do for our plan of attack.​
There isn't any way of knowing what they will be cooking for the "What's Cookin' segments", correct? I loved Bryan Voltaggio when he was on Top Chef and would love to participate in his event.....for the deminar he's doing a shrimp dish and I'm deathly allergic to all shellfish. I just wondered about the What's Cookin' thing. I'd hate to spend $129 each only to find out I can't partake, kwim?

For anyone who is unfamiliar with a name as a host, try looking them up on Youtube. At first I didn't recognize Amanda's name, then obviously I did once I saw her picture......anyway, a cute 45 min video popped up where she and 3 other Food Network folks and their friends/family went on the Disney Magic (I think it was that ship). The video concentrated on the food from that cruise...very entertaining.

There isn't any way of knowing what they will be cooking for the "What's Cookin' segments", correct? I loved Bryan Voltaggio when he was on Top Chef and would love to participate in his event.....for the deminar he's doing a shrimp dish and I'm deathly allergic to all shellfish. I just wondered about the What's Cookin' thing. I'd hate to spend $129 each only to find out I can't partake, kwim?

For anyone who is unfamiliar with a name as a host, try looking them up on Youtube. At first I didn't recognize Amanda's name, then obviously I did once I saw her picture......anyway, a cute 45 min video popped up where she and 3 other Food Network folks and their friends/family went on the Disney Magic (I think it was that ship). The video concentrated on the food from that cruise...very entertaining.

You can state when you book the event if you have a real allergy. They will make the right kind of accommodation for you. Although if he ends up doing shellfish, if your allergy states you can't even be around it - that wouldn't work then. I have seen people that are vegetarians or allergic to grapefruit get served items that account for their selections. I think the real problem is if someone is gluten free - that can be difficult with some of these special dishes.

12:00PM - Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining - Narcoossee’s ($189)
Back Up: 11:30AM - Artist Point ($189)
...Take Taxi back to hotel as I know I’ll be drunk

:rotfl2: I love your plans for the Nov. 7th. At least you're honest!

I loved Carla from back in Top Chef days! I felt so bad when she ended up losing that season!

CASEY'S FAULT! :rotfl:

Good luck with your booking tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter